Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Did I read somewhere that there is a recent club policy to not pay fees for players over 24 years old? Or did I just make that up somehow?

Sounds like a reporter looking at our signings and putting 2 and 2 together. Can't see that being the case considering the signing of Vlaar and the bid for Dempsey I think it is more likely to be a wage thing and we are simply getting better value for money with younger players.

Nah Hoolahan makes no sense - getting players from Norwich is too much of a ballache with McNasty, he's getting on a bit now and so doesn't fit the ethos of the squad and quite frankly I don't think he's good enough for us. 

I also doubt we're in for him due to the sour relations with those birds that they sent down the pits to die.

However, I do think he's good enough for us - I quite rate Hoolahan as a player and he's definitely the type we need.  He'd be a short-term option if we couldn't really bring in any of the younger creative midfielders that we're supposedly after, but at least he knows Lambert and his methods so wouldn't take too long to settle in.  I doubt he's on huge wages at Norwich, either.

Still, ideally he'd be a cheaper alternative because of his age, and there's no way that Norwich will be selling us one of their best players at a non-premium price any time soon.

Never seen Wijnaldum play but his stats are incredible and looks very very good from stats.

Get the feeling this one maybe destined for better things than us but who knows.

Calling Wes and Eredivise experts, how good is this kid?

Never seen Wijnaldum play but his stats are incredible and looks very very good from stats.

Get the feeling this one maybe destined for better things than us but who knows.

I played him quite a bit in my Netherlands ultimate team on FIFA 13 ... Played really well in the centre of the pitch and has a good long range shot on him... We should definitely sign him. Think he currently goes for a couple of thousand coins but not 100% sure... Edited by Tayls

I played him quite a bit in my Netherlands ultimate team on FIFA 13 ... Played really well in the centre of the pitch and has a good long range shot on him... We should definitely sign him. Think he currently goes for a couple of thousand coins but not 100% sure...

Sure.. And in real life?

I played him quite a bit in my Netherlands ultimate team on FIFA 13 ... Played really well in the centre of the pitch and has a good long range shot on him... We should definitely sign him. Think he currently goes for a couple of thousand coins but not 100% sure...
Sure.. And in real life?

No idea never heard of him until I was struggling for a midfielder with limited funds...

Wijnaldum is a brilliant player, he's been one of the most highly regarded young players for years. Broke into Feyenoord's first team at 16, only 22 now. Has all the skill in world, highly versatile (he's been deployed fairly successfully just about everywhere in attack and midfield at some point in his career) and can score. Isn't really a #10 in quite the same mold as those we've supposedly been looking at though, more of the type to create problems with pace and dribbling, take on defenders and take the shot himself. Biggest concern (imo) would be work ethic. Can be a bit lazy at times, but he can get away with that in Eredivisie. He'd have to step it up to prevent the game passing him by in England. He's got surprising strength for for his size, so I think he could compete physically if he were to make the effort.

We should pick up Kevin Strootman if we're snooping around PSV, too. We could just field a 2 - 5 - 3. Lowton and Okore at the back, Sylla, Delph, Westwood, Strootman, Wijnaldum in the middle and Gabs, Weimann, and Tekkers up front, like some kind of modified Metodo!

• Like 1

Wijnaldum is a brilliant player, he's been one of the most highly regarded young players for years. Broke into Feyenoord's first team at 16, only 22 now. Has all the skill in world, highly versatile (he's been deployed fairly successfully just about everywhere in attack and midfield at some point in his career) and can score. Isn't really a #10 in quite the same mold as those we've supposedly been looking at though, more of the type to create problems with pace and dribbling, take on defenders and take the shot himself. Biggest concern (imo) would be work ethic. Can be a bit lazy at times, but he can get away with that in Eredivisie. He'd have to step it up to prevent the game passing him by in England. He's got surprising strength for for his size, so I think he could compete physically if he were to make the effort.

We should pick up Kevin Strootman if we're snooping around PSV, too. We could just field a 2 - 5 - 3. Lowton and Okore at the back, Sylla, Delph, Westwood, Strootman, Wijnaldum in the middle and Gabs, Weimann, and Tekkers up front, like some kind of modified Metodo!

Good stuff the_ eristic...................Cheers

Anyone take a punt on 26 year old Mauro Zarate?? Is now a free agent after leaving Lazio.. I know he was at Blues a few years ago, but surely on a free would be worth a punt?

Zarate on a free would be worth a punt

Yeah I suggested that we might be looking at Zarate on Twitter yesterday. I remember on deadline day last Summer we were linked with him on loan but it never happened. Maybe we'll take him on a free. He's a "Number 10" type player as well.

Zarate has gone off the boil a bit the last couple of years. On his game he's a **** belting little player even if he plays for the Rome equivalent of the scum. Needs his head sorting out so maybe a move out of Italy could help sort him out.

After reading all the hype "How about Julian Draxler only 19, plays for FC Schalke"  Only one small problem he signed a new contract this year extending it till 2018, but i think we could get him for under £7million.