Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I think a good rule for twitter is to assume everything on there is BS...

TBF I thought this was an obvious assumption by everyone in here, that one should take twitter rumors for what it is, very low level stuff indeed. It's a bit beyond me why some people seem to get so aggravated by the posting of twitter rumors. It's not like it's twenty new ones every day totally ruining the thread, in fact they are very easy to simply overlook unless you want to exercise those "what if" muscles of yours or simply quip about how incredibly unrealistic that particular rumor is, all in good humour.

Here's back, well Belhanda is, L'Equipe are reporting that he is having u-turns after his 'reported' move to Dynamo Kiev. Personally I wouldn't want him at the club, bad attitude in the dressing room and we already have/had Ireland doing his best to do that at 65k per week; pass, next please.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Belhanda-ne-veut-plus-aller-a-kiev/383014 - needs translating, use Google Chrome for automatic translation. 

Here's back, well Belhanda is, L'Equipe are reporting that he is having u-turns after his 'reported' move to Dynamo Kiev. Personally I wouldn't want him at the club, bad attitude in the dressing room and we already have/had Ireland doing his best to do that at 65k per week; pass, next please.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Belhanda-ne-veut-plus-aller-a-kiev/383014 - needs translating, use Google Chrome for automatic translation. 

And there are plenty of other articles saying that this is rubbish. He stated that there is no "u-turn".

Can someone tell JulieB on twitter that she's going a bit mad. Maybe I would if I knew how. She seems to believe everything in foreign newspapers just because they're foreign. 

Hey, it could be worse. Last time around it was all being channeled onto here, like a directly linked effluent pipe from Twatter into the speculation thread saturating it with total shite. That was accompanied by supposed ITK stuff written in a manner that made me think of the Cat Lady from The Simpsons.

Can someone tell JulieB on twitter that she's going a bit mad. Maybe I would if I knew how. She seems to believe everything in foreign newspapers just because they're foreign. 

Only chance would be Watchtower issuing an edict,,, 

I have this urge to derail this thread by talking about her right now...

Hey, it could be worse. Last time around it was all being channeled onto here, like a directly linked effluent pipe from Twatter into the speculation thread saturating it with total shite. That was accompanied by supposed ITK stuff written in a manner that made me think of the Cat Lady from The Simpsons.

Yeah the last thing you want is stuff like that in a speculation thread

• Like 3

Yeah the last thing you want is stuff like that in a speculation thread

It wasn't so much the twitter links that people minded. It was more how they were vehemently defended as if they were all gospel. It was also the outrageous stories that went along with them.

VillaTalk gave JulieB the customary easy ride that females get on here, despite being in the top 3 annoying posters of all time, right up until the point where someone re-posted her twitter photo and it turned out she wasn't particularly fit. That's when people started picking on her, which I'm thankful for, because she did my head in.

[/nasty talk]

The cat claws are coming out now! From what I remember the only link she really defended was the whittingham one.  Otherwise she was just constantly having to defend herself for posting twitter speculation which is something that everyone seems to be doing now (the posting of twitter speculation that is). Personally I think that twitter is full BS and I stay away from it!  

Going to the point of accusing local Journo's like Kendrick of lying /not knowing about transfers / conspiring with the club to keep things quite is taken the biscuit somewhat.

I post the odd twitter rambling things like the Sylla move first appeared on Twitter but taken peoples word as gospel then retweeting all day about it gets annoying 

Going to the point of accusing local Journo's like Kendrick of lying /not knowing about transfers / conspiring with the club to keep things quite is taken the biscuit somewhat.

I've started to wonder whether the club are asking journos to keep stuff quiet to be honest. Our signings come out of the blue quite a bit and are hardly ever pre-empted by the regular journos anymore. So they either didn't know, or kept it to themselves for fear of being cut off by the club.

Yep having good links to the club for "proper" exclusives is a lot more valuable to a journo than leaking things to the nutter hoard on twitter

Yes, that's as may be, but it would mean that any accusation of "conspiring with the club to keep things quiet" isn't exactly 'taking the biscuit' but is probably closer to the truth. That's all I'm saying. It doesn't have to be the nutter twitter hoard. It could be a transfer article on their newspaper's website.

I think most of us mere mortals will go to the grave without ever truly knowing if we were or were not in for Belhanda.

I for one am relaxed about that

All the players Lambert gets linked with for this position sound decent so its all good to me.

Can't believe it is only 1 week until Villa are playing again

Edited by villaglint

I think most of us mere mortals will go to the grave without ever truly knowing if we were or were not in for Belhanda.

I for one am relaxed about that

Well I certainly won't be looking for closure on my deathbed either :lol:

You're incredibly naive if you don't believe that's how it works. Clubs have  journalists that are tight with them, they'll work with the club in terms of what they can say and what they can't in exchange for continued access to staff etc. It's been like that for decades and it's the same across most lines of journalism

The cat claws are coming out now! From what I remember the only link she really defended was the whittingham one.  Otherwise she was just constantly having to defend herself for posting twitter speculation which is something that everyone seems to be doing now (the posting of twitter speculation that is). Personally I think that twitter is full BS and I stay away from it!  

think it was the over defensiveness of the Twitter links that annoyed people. I remember some of the abuse she was giving Bent for no reason and calling him a poison in the dressing room without any proof

From the BBC gossip page, we were linked at end of season, think his price has more than doubled though :o

League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge could make more than £1m from a sell-on clause if their former striker Dwight Gayle, 22, makes an expected £8.5m move from Peterborough to Crystal Palace.

Full story: London Evening Standard