Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

What a silly link. A name like Sadio Mane^?

He is clearly a lesser-known late 19th century French impressionist painter, and NOT a footballer.

How much monet do you want to bet on that Mr CPF :)

I'm sure I have a Mane^ hangin' in the bog at the moment - I'll just go & check :P;):)

Well stop dilly-dali'ing around and let us know already.

Wes? Your services are needed on this site urgently.

I think the_eristic posted a rather nice summary.

Let's look at the potential of a transfer happening first: Wijnaldum was one of five attacking midfielders I thought would potentially be leaving the Eredivisie this year.

The door for him to leave has widened somewhat, in my opinion, with PSV having just signed another very nice prospect Adam Maher. I don't know if they can accomodate both of them in their starting lineup, which I imagine they would want to do being two of the better players in the squad. Both have played predominantly in the attacking central role of late but they are capable of also playing a deeper playmaker position, although such a role would negate a lot of their on the ball attacking skill you would think. Maybe the coaching minds at PSV have something in store? Who can say - certainly not me as I can't read the dutch articles discussing this issue!

As for the player himself, there's no denying his talent. He's versatile, a common trend amongst the majority of our signings this year,  He has the athleticism to beat his man and the physicality to live with midfielders in the premier league. He would likely be deployed as a driving force out of midfield, overloading defenders creating attacking space for our front trio or even himself. Definitely a better deeper lying goalscoring threat than we currently boast.

I'm not as sold on him as others coming out of the Dutch league. I've heard good but not rave reviews of his which is odd if you just glanced at his stats. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed by his addition.

Thanks Wes - You never disappoint - Hope you've handed the dossier over to PL on Wijnaldum. :) especially if you believe he is a better deeper lying goal scoring threat than we currently have.

Great work Wes & the_eristic. Take a bow lads, take a bow.

If it's a true Mane^ you could be sitting on a gold mine. Well, next to one when you're sitting on the crapper, anyway.

Mr CPF is that sitting you have spelt there or is that just a typo? :P:)

Well really you might be doing lots of things sitting there. But the POINT is, you may or may not be in possession of what may or may not be an original painting by someone who may or may not be an artist who may or may not ever have existed.

If it's a true Mane^ you could be sitting on a gold mine. Well, next to one when you're sitting on the crapper, anyway.

Mr CPF is that sitting you have spelt there or is that just a typo? :P:)

Well really you might be doing lots of things sitting there. But the POINT is, you may or may not be in possession of what may or may not be an original painting by someone who may or may not be an artist who may or may not ever have existed.

Do you know if their is a valuer that I may take it to even though it now has brown stains on it Mr CPF. (It wasn't the brush that slipped :P )

Shall I make it available in the transfer market. If it is a genuine one would you care to start the bidding? :)

I'd hang onto it and see if he signs for Villa, thereby increasing their value overnight. In the mean time you might consider cleaning off any or all brown-looking stains from the work.

Thanks Mr CPF - As always you are the mane man so hopefully now I will end up in the monet. :)

Now just let me get my elbows into these brown stains :P

I'd hang onto it and see if he signs for Villa, thereby increasing their value overnight. In the mean time you might consider cleaning off any or all brown-looking stains from the work.

Thanks Mr CPF - As always you are the mane man so hopefully now I will end up in the monet. :)

Now just let me get my elbows into these brown stains :P

6114_346812492086845_548035997_a.jpg

WTF did I just read?

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Well this is all getting a bit crazy now. Belhanda and Kiyotake twitter linked and both not happening.

Not sure about Wijnaldum if the reports of him being a bit lazy are anything to go by. We already struggle with lazy attacking players in CNZ and Ireland. The number 10 role needs to be filled with someone highly energetic and determined. That's why I was hoping for Kiyotake.

Would love us to sign Henriksen from AZ though.

Could someone with a better footballing knowledge rank the attacking midfielders that have been (often falsely) mooted as targets?

Kiyote

Hughes

Praet

Popov

Chadli

any others I've missed (that haven't already moved)

Ta!

I think we may miss out on some of our top targets if we can't shift the dead weight.

Problem is, I don't think it will be up to Lambert how much certain players (i.e. Bent) go for. If Randy wants £8m and nobody wants to pay it, we will probably be stuck with him or won't sell him till later on in the window.

I can't believe we missed out on Anelka. Guy was on a free and could easily replace the loss of Benteke.

The Baggies have done a massive deal there. Wish we could show that kind of vision.

• Like 1

I think we may miss out on some of our top targets if we can't shift the dead weight.

Problem is, I don't think it will be up to Lambert how much certain players (i.e. Bent) go for. If Randy wants £8m and nobody wants to pay it, we will probably be stuck with him or won't sell him till later on in the window.

It doesn't make sense for RL to keep paying £3m per year for a player who is not sufficiently utilised. Villa will hold out for the best price possible for now, but I suspect the biggest obstacle to a move will be Bent's desire to maintain a £50k+/week salary. The buying club will probably sit it out until Villa's nerve wavers later in the window. A couple of million saved (£8m down to £6m for example), will then be available to add £13k/week towards Bent's salary over a 3 year contract.

I can't believe we missed out on Anelka. Guy was on a free and could easily replace the loss of Benteke.

The Baggies have done a massive deal there. Wish we could show that kind of vision.

Not sure if serious  :suspect:

• Like 1