Sunderland

Richard

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I genuinely didn't know that Moyes rejected us for Sunderland.

On another note, I certainly won't be worried about having Sunderland down in the Championship next season. Replacing Newcastle and Brighton with Sunderland and Swansea would certainly help our chances of competing for promotion. I think they would both struggle if they came down.

Valid points but all depends on who stays and goes. I think amavi will be off as will afew.  Pends who will stick around. The problem I think is the longer we are down here the harder it will be to stay up when we eventually do go up. 

Also the financial gap increases

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Djilobodji looked pretty embarrassing didn't he. That was the sort of performance we were dishing up last season. 

He's one of the worst players I have ever seen, something extremely dodgy about his move to Chelsea someone must have benefited substantially from it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea only signed him for a couple of million. 

Selling him for 8m though...

Its a bigger coup than selling Oscar for £40m more than you paid for him!

55 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's one of the worst players I have ever seen, something extremely dodgy about his move to Chelsea someone must have benefited substantially from it.

Dodgy is an understatement, he played a grand total of 1 minute for Chelsea against oxford in the league cup and gets sold on for a £6million profit 

on the SMB they reckon the deal was setup by allardyce before he left, which would explain a few things

52 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Dodgy is an understatement, he played a grand total of 1 minute for Chelsea against oxford in the league cup and gets sold on for a £6million profit 

on the SMB they reckon the deal was setup by allardyce before he left, which would explain a few things

He'd probably have put an effort into defending if he was playing for Allardyce though, what was seen yesterday was something like a cross between Richards and Lescott in attitude.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If I remember at the time Mourinho didnt even know who he was

though in fairness he was probably a better deal than Stones who he wanted at the time ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

surely its a bigger punishment if Sunderland have to keep playing him

Sunderland defender Papy Djilobodji has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association for an incident involving West Brom's Darren Fletcher on Saturday.

The Senegalese's arm appeared to make contact with Fletcher's face in the 86th minute of his side's 2-0 defeat.

The incident was not seen by the match officials but was caught on video.

The FA said Djilobodji, 28, has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday to reply to the charge.

As the former Chelsea player has been sent off once already this season - against Hull on 19 November - he would face a four-match ban if found guilty.

He would miss the home game against Tottenham on 31 January followed by Crystal Palace (away), Southampton (home) and Everton (away).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38715549

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They should get Jagielka in, not completely passed it at prem level and would give them some leadership. He'd be a good signing for Swansea aswell.

There are really no words if Moyes's solution is Lescott.

There really are

Championship!

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Quick, ring Moyes and tell him Richards is available!

Haha, I was just thinking the same. They could re-unite the dream team of CB's. :D

This guy just continues to steal a living.

Shocking decision by Moyes and just goes to show how some signings are nothing to do with scouting, he is signing him on the basis of the player he used to be.

Sunderland fans have every right to be livid.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

he is signing him on the basis of the player he used to be.

Bang on mate. The lazy, shortsightedness of some managers never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1

Â