Sunderland

Richard

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I still think they will stay up. Moyes will grind out some unattractive results.

Like us last season, they deserve to go. They have been terrible for longer than us, and have somehow by hook or crook survived each year. However, they have not been cut adrift like us, and like you say Moyes will probably grind out some results to keep them up another season at least. A lot will depend on Defoe keeping going though.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I still think they will stay up. Moyes will grind out some unattractive results.

He will no doubt grind out some unattractive results.  His problem is that there is no other obvious dead duck in that league.   Even if Hull & Swansea do finish below them, and that's by no means a guarantee, then he still needs to finish above one of Allardyce's Palace,  Middlesbrough or Leicester, and those 3 are also well able to grind out results.  In a sense, this season's relegation fight is between relatively strong or well-matched teams.

Boros business has been poor. Relying on rudy and Bamford for goals is a recipe for disaster. I think boro could go down along with hull and swansea/Sunderland 

I think between those four. Be hilarous if Leicester went down but for me make it difficult for us to win the league of they come down next season. Don't fear the others at all

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Boros business has been poor. Relying on rudy and Bamford for goals is a recipe for disaster. I think boro could go down along with hull and swansea/Sunderland 

I think between those four. Be hilarous if Leicester went down but for me make it difficult for us to win the league of they come down next season. Don't fear the others at all

But they're not relying on Bamford and Gestede.  They've added those 2 to the goals they already had.  Not that they had great strikers by any stretch but they do have Alvaro Negredo as #1 and that Stuani bloke has been OK. 

I wouldn't like Leicester going down tbh.  I don't think they deserve that and I wouldn't like to see their remarkable story ending in that manner.  I'd rather they be an amazing feelgood story rather than some kind of cautionary tale of boom and bust.

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed the fans are starting to have similar discussions to what we had last season. Offer nothing to the league, sick of defeats every week, would like to win more games etc have been poor for years and mismanaged. Remarkable similarities. Most of them have pretty much decided they need to go down to rebuild. The owner also wants to sell.

On 31/01/2017 at 15:42, Demitri_C said:

Be hilarous if Leicester went down but for me make it difficult for us to win the league of they come down next season. 

Haha. What will make it difficult for us to win the league next season is the fact that we are a ******* rubbish.

Edited by One For The Road

• 3 weeks later...

Another appeal denied for Adam Nohnson.

Hopefully this grubby little club get what's coming to them this season after surviving on the back of someone they knew was a sexual predator awaiting conviction. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Another appeal denied for Adam Nohnson.

Hopefully this grubby little club get what's coming to them this season after surviving on the back of someone they knew was a sexual predator awaiting conviction. 

Agree mate. They are a disgrace for this

I may not be Steve Bruce's biggest fan, but I'm positively elated that at least we did not get Moyes at any time in recent years.

His latest quotes really sums him up for me.

" I decided I wanted Jack (Rodwell) and Gibbo (Darron Gibson) together.

I thought the game might suit more Britishness in the middle of the pitch."

Da fark does "Britishness" even mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I may not be Steve Bruce's biggest fan, but I'm positively elated that at least we did not get Moyes at any time in recent years.

His latest quotes really sums him up for me.

" I decided I wanted Jack (Rodwell) and Gibbo (Darron Gibson) together.

I thought the game might suit more Britishness in the middle of the pitch."

Da fark does "Britishness" even mean?

I'm going to hazard a guess that old Moyesy-pants meant a good honest attitude, no nonsense, some physicality and maybe a pint of Bombardier afterwards, huzzah!  Because obviously people who are not British can't do any of the above.

• Like 2

I honestly think they'll be fighting relegation to league one this time next year.

We've had our problems this season and not been that far above the bottom 6 for a good chunk of the season and we got a new owner, manager(s) and spent 50m + revamping the squad.

Can anyone really see Sunderland doing anything if they don't have their own takeover.

Another bottom half team in the prem will surely take Defoe and Pickford will go aswell.

Are they really going to challenge for top 6 with a squad of Billy Jones, O'Shea, Paddy McNair, Seb Larsson, Cattermole, Rodwell, Borini, Watmore etc.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that old Moyesy-pants meant a good honest attitude, no nonsense, some physicality and maybe a pint of Bombardier afterwards, huzzah!  Because obviously people who are not British can't do any of the above.

Isn't 'Gibbo' Irish? 

Moyes is a busted flush

• Like 1

Â