The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I agree with a lot of that I just don't believes he's massively dropped the price and is willing to take a big loss.

Something needs to happen because the way football is now he's doing more long term damage than the last useless owner.

Its too much all or nothing in terms of change at the moment.

Either we get a new owner new manager and investment,

or

we have Lerner and lambert and no investment.

Why does it have to be like this? Its so difficult to accept how bad we are when you know nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future.

Randy, I know you want out, so it makes no sense for me to tell you to get out.

But since you can't get out, take care of the club you own with some respect. Please understand that investing funds is for the interests of both the fans and you yourself. You have to find funds for acquisitions now.

And you have to change the manager to get us a lift. Things need to change big.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Until he's alienated our best manager ever, dismantled a european cup and title winning side and got us relegated then no, he's not as bad as Ellis yet.

He does need ot either grow a pair and invesst or cut his asking price to a level that will atttract a new owner though,

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 1

But stripping the club back to the bone and keep a poor manager in charge regardless of results means the club's value and attractiveness diminishes

if he changed the manager and invested, it might make us competitive again and someone will buy us, it might mean the club's value goes up.

But who is going to buy a club with Elmer Fudd managing it and the cast from The Only Way is Relegation representing us on the pitch?

I don't know why, but he doesn't get this...and I don't think he's ever, or ever will "get" it.

I honestly think he is happy enough to just leave lamber in, someone who has agreed to work with minimal funds and not complain / bare the grunt of fans when we're shit.  As long as lambert keeps doing that, I think randy is just fine to wait it out until it sells.

Somebody please buy us...

Has to back Lambert with significant funds or sack him.

Worse than Ellis

Ridiculous.

I'm no fan of Lerner by the way - far from it.

is it though? at least Ellis cared for the club. Showed his face despite the abuse and he got alot more of it.

Lerner is a coward.

Has to back Lambert with significant funds or sack him.

Worse than Ellis

Ridiculous.

I'm no fan of Lerner by the way - far from it.

is it though? at least Ellis cared for the club. Showed his face despite the abuse and he got alot more of it.

Lerner is a coward.

On the grand scheme of things I really couldn't care less about them showing up - there are much bigger things to worry about.

Not that I don't want Lerner out of course. Nothing will change until he goes.

I HATE Lerner; he's ruined my club. I may only be old enough to have known the Premiership years (first game in 93) but Ellis at least made decisions - he did back or sack. Not always correctly but I don't think he would let us get relegated, Lerner doesn't care other than for the cash. Name another club in the country where the former owner turns up to more games than the current one?!

I bet there were loads of blues fans who thought the same when Clark was doing a poor job.

Ah so one example where a new manager has come in and turned things around (and it's still early days yet) suddenly invalidates this view that Lerner is the main problem at Villa (not that Lambert isn't also a problem)?

There are plenty of other cases where new managers have come and gone but nothing's changed because of ownership. I'm not even necessarily saying that we shouldn't get rid of Lambert (we won't though), all I'm saying is that I think Lerner is the single biggest problem at the club at the moment.

I HATE Lerner; he's ruined my club. I may only be old enough to have known the Premiership years (first game in 93) but Ellis at least made decisions - he did back or sack. Not always correctly but I don't think he would let us get relegated, Lerner doesn't care other than for the cash. Name another club in the country where the former owner turns up to more games than the current one?!

But we actually were relegated under Ellis...

I hate having to defend Lerner by the way - my opinion of the way he's running the club couldn't be lower but I just find the revisionism a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Mantis

I bet there were loads of blues fans who thought the same when Clark was doing a poor job.

Ah so one example where a new manager has come in and turned things around (and it's still early days yet) suddenly invalidates this view that Lerner is the main problem at Villa (not that Lambert isn't also a problem)?

There are plenty of other cases where new managers have come and gone but nothing's changed because of ownership. I'm not even necessarily saying that we shouldn't get rid of Lambert (we won't though), all I'm saying is that I think Lerner is the single biggest problem at the club at the moment.

But we actually were relegated under Ellis...

I hate having to defend Lerner by the way - my opinion of the way he's running the club couldn't be lower but I just find the revisionism a bit ridiculous.

Give it 6 months.......... and relegation will be on the cards. He needs to back his manager or sack him. Its simple. At the moment hes not making a decision as hes trying to save a bit of coin which could ultimately send us down. Club will be worth next to nothing. As a businessman i would expect him to protect his investment. As a so called 'fan' i would expect him to care about the clubs future. He does not. You cant accuse Ellis of that. Randy's heart is not in it and its telling by his actions. 

Worse than Ellis

I agree, Lerner just had some of Daddy's money to spunk for a bit before he got bored. At lest Ellis knew what he was doing. He wouldn't have stood for this.

Never thought I would say this.

Worse than Ellis

Revisionism at it's greatest.

If nothing else (and there is plenty that we have been over before) at least Randy knows when it's time to leave.

If you're willing to pay a rediculous price for it. He's not going anywhere if you haven't noticed.

If you're willing to pay a rediculous price for it. He's not going anywhere if you haven't noticed.

Unlike his predecessor, he has put money into the club. He has the right to attempt to recoup some of that money and demand what he thinks it is worth - especially when that price is much less than some of the ridiculous reported prices on other clubs like Tottenham (£1billion).

Unlike his predecessor, he has put money into the club. He has the right to attempt to recoup some of that money and demand what he thinks it is worth - especially when that price is much less than some of the ridiculous reported prices on other clubs like Tottenham (£1billion).

You mean he put Daddy's money into the club. Then got court with his trousers down and realised he couldn't afford his new toy anymore, so let it rot away into nothingness, not even willing to try and find a way of making it work...he just sits there waiting for it to rust away into nothingness.

• Like 2

Â