The Randy Lerner thread

CI

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've really had to divorce myself from this situation. 

At one point it was making me so angry that I was wishing nothing but death to this man. But then I realised, it just isn't worth it, this is a hobby, it's really a voluntary thing to support a football club, so why let it work me up so much? 

I really just do not care what happens for the reminder of this season. 

Cos we love this club and we don't need a tattoo to show off as proof.

Thanks Randy for saving me £72.

Logged into my online avfc account on Friday afternoon to potentially pick up a couple of tickets for me and my son.

It told me I didnt have the correct privileges to buy any... and today I see we had nearly 10,000 unsold tickets... WTF are your staff playing at?

P.s. Thanks for saving me the humiliation first hand.

• Like 1

When I think about what I don't like about my job and all the things that could change to improve how the business and employees perform, it always comes down to limitations imposed and short sighted decisions made by leadership. The atmosphere at this club had been described as toxic a few times, well that's what happens when managers aren't given what they need to get results and employees (players) in turn don't feel rewarded or trusted, they lose focus and motivation and belief in themselves. The bad smell has been around for 5 years, we cut away players, coaches, managers, CEOs (although **** Paul Faulkner, the useless word removed) and only one man has been here the entire time. We will never get rid of the losing culture because the man at the top of the pile is the biggest loser of all.

To think I used to defend this man, annoyed with O'Neill's misplaced spending and the emergence of Man City. 

• Like 1

It's a miracle how he has been so successful in business. Surely anyone with any business acumen would have realised this was one of the worst seasons to go down if you are trying to sell the club. It didn't take a genius to work out we only stayed up last season because of Benteke. Why on earth are the clowns who spent the transfer money on a group of players, none fit to play in the premier league still in post. I wish my boss would give me £35million to waste and still be able to keep my job.  Randy if you have any jobs going in your company i'm available.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've really had to divorce myself from this situation. 

At one point it was making me so angry that I was wishing nothing but death to this man. But then I realised, it just isn't worth it, this is a hobby, it's really a voluntary thing to support a football club, so why let it work me up so much? 

I really just do not care what happens for the reminder of this season. 

Cos we love this club and we don't need a tattoo to show off as proof.

why am I being made to post this again? I quoted a different post and it gave me the previous reply I did,..

Â