Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I think if we were looking safe for next season this is the kind of signing I'd be pretty pleased with.

Right now it looks like we're going to rely on him to massively improve us and I worry its asking a lot.

Good luck to him though.

Lets hope he's a midfield Benteke.

Fact is, I doubt anyone on here has seen him play, so it's pretty impossible to make informed opinions either way on this signing. All I'll say is he plays in a position we need to strengthen so let's hope he's a success in strengthening it!

lol, no point getting excited, if its true, he wont make the ounce of difference at all, he wont save us from relegation, just another arrogant french @@@@ looking for the money, plus the fact hes young hes got as much experience as the smack rats in our youth set up, give it a couple of months he will go back to france on loan, somewhere like lyon

EDIT: cant see why you are all saying hes the DM we need, yes we need a DM, but we need one with experience, who can pick out a pass, lead the attack and turn a game around, that sort of thing costs money

next...

I only logged in coz i heard on the radio we were actually gonna sign someone and a DMC too :) I was so happy, my missus said it was great to see me smile for the first time since xmas, maybe its not so bad after all, maybe lerner and lambert have a plan after all, maybe - just maybe we wont end up in the championship - didnt last long though eh!!

Cheer up mate, we're gonna turn them wheels, fight like hell, not lie down (always an advantage in football methinks), give it a right good go and then we'll be fine. 

YAY

Happy to admit I was wrong in thinking we wouldnt sign anyone in the window. they've gone and made me look a bit sylla now ;)

Division 2 and only one under 21 cap, also he's 22 years old. I'm not sure how he's the next big thing, so I do have my reservations.

However on the flip side, a few 'big' clubs and been looking at him and he's coming here on the cheap.

Not at all the sort of signing to save our season (or at least it appears) but could well be a good player. I don't really know what to make of it, happy we're signing someone but we need more than this if we want to stay up.

Don't know what to make of it?

He isn't Bannan. Or Ireland. Or Delph (who has improved a bit of late). Or Holman. Or KEA. 

That is a perfect start.

Edited by Pez1974

Fact is, I doubt anyone on here has seen him play, so it's pretty impossible to make informed opinions either way on this signing. All I'll say is he plays in a position we need to strengthen so let's hope he's a success in strengthening it!

Switters speaks the truth IMO - and lets face it he's already our best defensive midfielder even though we haven't seen him yet :)

I'm delighted with this signing think he's bit of Steele for the midfield but he won't save our season buddy

I'm not suggesting he'll save our season but at least it might contribute to giving us a fighting chance. It's addressing the area of greatest need in the team.

I know some of the fans have given up and after the recent run that's understandable, but there's 42 points left to play for. If we keep playing as we are we'll end up bottom, no doubt - we're a really poor team. But so are Wigan and Reading. We don't really know how the new bloke is going to do at Southampton - they could easily go on a dodgy run. And QPR, for all the money they're throwing around (again) are 4 points behind. 

I'd rate our survival chances at about 40%. It's worse than it's ever been in my time supporting the club but one thing it ain't is all over

he's french, 6 foot whatever and he's centre midfield so he's the new patrick viera.

Well it doesn't always work out like that. Batty, Keane and Mascherano  are/were great DM.

He's french 2nd div for a reason.

We need proven prem experience.

he's french, 6 foot whatever and he's centre midfield so he's the new patrick viera.

Well it doesn't always work out like that. Batty, Keane and Mascherano are/were great DM.

No idea what you're trying to say...

Well it doesn't always work out like that. Batty, Keane and Mascherano  are/were great DM.

Like Karl Henry? haha

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â