Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I've read a few match reports today and i have to admit I couldn't help but smile when reading Pardews comments about the work rate and the reports of how hard they worked for each other. It's kind of renewed some of the optimism I felt earlier on in the summer.

My frustrations have calmed a bit since the end of the window and I'm feeling slightly more positive about the approach we've taken.

It is only 1 point so I'm not doing a full on 180 but I can see myself looking forward to games more.

And to be honest, surprisingly I'm actually very excited to see bennett, Westwood and Benteke come into this team.

Pretty fickle of you to be honest, I guess that's the power of a good performance.

if we lose the next one he'll be telling us we're cast iron certainties for relegation

I've read a few match reports today and i have to admit I couldn't help but smile when reading Pardews comments about the work rate and the reports of how hard they worked for each other. It's kind of renewed some of the optimism I felt earlier on in the summer.

My frustrations have calmed a bit since the end of the window and I'm feeling slightly more positive about the approach we've taken.

It is only 1 point so I'm not doing a full on 180 but I can see myself looking forward to games more.

And to be honest, surprisingly I'm actually very excited to see bennett, Westwood and Benteke come into this team.

Pretty fickle of you to be honest, I guess that's the power of a good performance.

now now!

fair enough, i'd have been critical if he'd insisted we were **** and going down and it was randy's fault!

seems reasonable enough to me. newcastle was just the start though. we'll have days where the nice move that finished with ireland blazing over goes in, weimann nets his good chance and bent gets one of his chances in the net too...

that was away from home, and they are just getting to grips with what lambert wants, and we have reinforcements and competition for places now :) i'm not saying we're going to be in europe next year but we have good reason not to have to be looking over our shoulders this year and try and finish as high as we can to make sure we can kick on next year with an improved bank balance...

Heat maps from yesterdays game, he has got them working hard in the middle of the park.

Here

Like it! Half of that is Holman ;)

He was everywhere.

Are we saying Newcastle had a player on both corner flags for the whole game, or is the map totally useless?

I was wondering what that was too. Did both teams run and celebrate their goals in that corner or something? How did they come up with that analysis?

Carefull now chaps.

Regardless of how we've played, it's 1 draw and 2 losses against non-championship competing sides.

Let's not overshoot the mark with regards to optimism.

Nah. We will make Europe this season.

That's the thing. Trying to be as objective as I can, I don't think we'll be far off.

Honestly I have been changing my mind dramatically game to game. Exciting.

I haven't said I've completely changed, i'm still concerned but it would be pretty stupid to come and moan after a decent performance and a good result. If a stranger on the Internet thinks I'm fickle, oh well.

At the end of the day I'm season ticket holder, of course I'm going to get enjoyment from a decent performance.

if we lose the next one he'll be telling us we're cast iron certainties for relegation

I'd rather give an honest opinion on what I see than just be a blind optimist.

If I see improvements I'll comment on it, if I see negatives I'll comment on it.

If I see improvements I'll comment on it, if I see negatives I'll comment on it.

if your honest opinion changes so quickly, so often, you have a problem somewhere along the line

if your honest opinion changes so quickly, so often, you have a problem somewhere along the line

Yeah my opinion of the club has changed week in week out over the last two years. :bonk:

Anyway thought you were off after your little tantrum towards anyone negative.

Like i said if strangers on the internet think i'm fickle because i've commented on an improvement and enjoyed a good performance, oh well.

:wave:

I might be lost in translation here, but wouldn't it be fickle if he kept being pessimistic and moan after a good performance? Or maybe it's fickle to get on his back for changing his view?

Can't see anything wrong with changing your view after you see a positive change. John surely had some valid concerns. And we'd all share his view if there were another manager who shall not be named in charge doing the same signings. I have faith in Lambert, but as much as I hate to admit it that faith is more or less blind, however I prefer to remain naively positive then negative.

Does Fickle always have to be a bad thing?

Yes.

If you look at the definitions at Thesaurus.com, synonyms are:

arbitrary, capricious, changeable, cheating, coquettish, double-crossing, faithless, fitful, flighty, frivolous, inconstant, irresolute, lubricious, mercurial, mutable, quicksilver, sneaking, temperamental, ticklish, two-timing, unfaithful, unpredictable, unstable, unsteady, untrue, variable, volatile, whimsical, yo-yo

Antonyms are: aware, cognizant, constant, faithful, reliable, stable, steady.

So fickle is distinctly dodgy.

Don't actually think BJ10 is being fickle however. He is changing his views for a reason - a better performance. That's quite scientific in my view.

Don't actually think BJ10 is being fickle however. He is changing his views for a reason - a better performance. That's quite scientific in my view.

:shock:

Swinging wildly between relegation to europe based on the last game played is "scientific"? Really?

I would have thought a scientific approach would be based on the evidence or common facts over a number of games (e.g. possession rates, shots on goal, etc), not a one-off result.

We may have spent 20 million but we have also got rid of a few players which kind of reduces the spend, why should we not be optimistic, for 3 years we have been fed crap football, no hope and no team spirit, we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, may take a while to reach it, we may not even get there but we sure as hell see it, lets just enjoy the journey.