Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I can see us playing this team, if we go for the 4-3-1-2 that Lambert has used before.

(With Westwood playing where Herd had been for the first two games of the season).

---------------- Bent ---- Benteke ------------

-------------------- Ireland --------------------

Bannan/ Delph -- El Ahmadi ----- Westwood

Bennett ----- Clark ------- Vlaar ---- Lowton

---------------------- Given --------------------

---------------- Bent ---- Benteke ------------

-------------------- Ireland --------------------

Bannan/ Delph -- El Ahmadi ----- Westwood

Bennett ----- Clark ------- Vlaar ---- Lowton

---------------------- Given --------------------

Should give us so much control through the midfield area, And finally some Attacking,Quick Fullbacks/WingBacks Bennett and Lowton.

Can't wait for the swans match!

I would probably put Holman instead of Delph or Bannan just because of his workrate and his effort on ...forechecking? I'm not sure what's it in english in football terms but he kept space and time off from the newcastle midfielders which we will need against Swansea.

My guess is bent and agbonlahor up front. Ithink it will take a while before benteke starts.

I doubt whether Lambert has brought in Benteke at £7m to put him in the reserves for ages and Agbonlahor has hardly set the world alight over the last few seasons.

I expect Benteke to feature quite soon.

Carefull now chaps.

Regardless of how we've played, it's 1 draw and 2 losses against non-championship competing sides.

Let's not overshoot the mark with regards to optimism.

Nah. We will make Europe this season.

That's the thing. Trying to be as objective as I can, I don't think we'll be far off.

I've read a few match reports today and i have to admit I couldn't help but smile when reading Pardews comments about the work rate and the reports of how hard they worked for each other. It's kind of renewed some of the optimism I felt earlier on in the summer.

My frustrations have calmed a bit since the end of the window and I'm feeling slightly more positive about the approach we've taken.

It is only 1 point so I'm not doing a full on 180 but I can see myself looking forward to games more.

And to be honest, surprisingly I'm actually very excited to see bennett, Westwood and Benteke come into this team.

I've read a few match reports today and i have to admit I couldn't help but smile when reading Pardews comments about the work rate and the reports of how hard they worked for each other. It's kind of renewed some of the optimism I felt earlier on in the summer.

My frustrations have calmed a bit since the end of the window and I'm feeling slightly more positive about the approach we've taken.

It is only 1 point so I'm not doing a full on 180 but I can see myself looking forward to games more.

And to be honest, surprisingly I'm actually very excited to see bennett, Westwood and Benteke come into this team.

1 week ago he could see nothing but black - now he faces future without fear - he has been saved ! - welcome aboard brother John.

Re the swansea game - have treated the whole family to tickets - this is going to one of those 'I was there' games - don't want anyone to miss it.....I reckon a goal feast awaits .......5-1 villa me reckons ....

Pretty fickle of you to be honest, I guess that's the power of a good performance.