Paul Lambert

Pilchard

He's here for three years.. This year he gets us competitive.. Next year he gets us top 6.. His final year he keeps us top 6 and pushes for top 4. I mean if he gets us top 6 at any point in his final 2 years here then I can see him agreeing to a contract extension. If we are still sitting around 15th place not doing much then he may accept we are a lost cause and try to repair Liverpool or another club.

I hope he stays here long enough to make us successful. Top class manager who, I fear, will leave us for bigger and better things

He's done that throughout his career so far and that's how he came to us, so ultimately it's something we'd have to accept if it were to happen.

maybe but if he was to move onto a bigger club it will mean he will have done one hell of a job at Villa :)

he was my first choice and so far he has done as i thought he would. its still early days but i think we will be a hell of a lot better than last season. there will be a few hiccups along the way

but if we all stick with lambert and get behind the team every team will fear coming to villa park. when villa park is rocking there are not many better grounds. lets get the fortress of villa park back!

I hope he stays here long enough to make us successful. Top class manager who, I fear, will leave us for bigger and better things

He's done that throughout his career so far and that's how he came to us, so ultimately it's something we'd have to accept if it were to happen.

maybe but if he was to move onto a bigger club it will mean he will have done one hell of a job at Villa :)

Exactly.

If a bigger club wants him he'd have had to have done a really good job here.

And other these conditions, i.e. spending much more within our means, we'll be in a much better position for someone else to take over and carry on, as opposed to when MON left and it all went tits up.

has anyone actually suggested we'd be close to top 6 this season at all?

2 pages back:

I'll tell you what with the inconsistency in this league and the last two performances we could definitely challenge for the top 6 this year.

2 pages back:

I'll tell you what with the inconsistency in this league and the last two performances we could definitely challenge for the top 6 this year.

just the one?

there's no chance we'll be in the top 6, we might look like contenders for a few months in the middle of the season, but with such a young squad featuring so many new players, we'll never last the full length. 8-12th would be a great turnaround, but this season the position doesn't matter - it's all about getting the team playing to a system, because once we have that core of well drilled players, adding in the summer will be a lot more straightforward for lambert. rather than needing to bring in a whole heap of first teamers, he can focus his funds on a smaller number of better players, then one or two young lads from the lower leagues

for the first time in as long as i can remember, we're doing it properly - both on and off the field - and that's bloody exciting, because if you do it properly there's no glass ceiling

2 pages back:

Just me? :D I think we have a shot, if he cant get that Norwich team within a whisker of top ten, what can he do here. Liverpool & Spurs under new management don't look great either, I'd ay right now we are in a bundle with Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Fulham, with maybe WBA, Stoke, as all established teams who wont get top 4 but wont be much between many of them.

I've backed them at 20/1 for top 6 only a tenner mind, & also 50 at 7/2 for top ten. After the last few years you can't help get excited. Newcastle, Liverpool & Spurs arent the same teams as last year, Everton I'm not so sure about either.

Well good luck to you Folski, I hope you win!

I'm happy with what we've seen in the last couple of games (3 if you include Tranmere) - but we definitely need to dispatch Southampton to make me think that top ten could be on. I'm not writing anything off though as I can't believe how quickly the look of the side has changed.

Well good luck to you Folski, I hope you win!

I'm happy with what we've seen in the last couple of games (3 if you include Tranmere) - but we definitely need to dispatch Southampton to make me think that top ten could be on. I'm not writing anything off though as I can't believe how quickly the look of the side has changed.

Thanks Lexicon, I'm not saying I think we will get top 6 but I think we have a great chance of challenging for it, much like Spurs were challenging for the title last year for more than two thirds of the season. Ya, we definitely need to go out and batter Southampton, for too long we've dropped points against the Southamptons, Sheffield Uniteds & Wigans of the world, especially away. I think we will beat them for what it is worth. They might have a point to prove after Arsenal but if we play like the last 3 games we should win comfortably. I'd definitely start Benteke as well considering how shaky their defence looked versus Arsenal.

This season I see us beating most teams outside the big 4 at home - picking up a moderate amount of points from smaller clubs on the road. There will be the odd shocker - as to be expected with so many young players in the team....

I d really like Bent to hit a bit of form - that would be the icing on the cake.

Lamberts made some big calls so far - yean none of us rated Warnock or Hutton - but to field a defence of youngsters and inexperience shows balls IMO - chuffed its worked out so far....