Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Swinging wildly between relegation to europe based on the last game played is "scientific"? Really?

I'm sorry. I know you're shocked.

But do you think it would be possible to point out exactly where I've changed my opinion to we will now qualify for Europe? Would really appreciate that.

Whats wrong with being fickle ?

Basically if Lambert creates a villa team that wins a good deal of his matches I will like him.

If he creates a team that regularly gets stuffed then my enthusiam for him will cool ?

Thinks that goes for the majority of us ?

You're only as good as your last game ;-)

Let's see what Swansea brings

Haha yeah, I was thinking about having no inbetween in my attitude and swinging from very high to very low depending on our latest performance :) Although I feel I may be naturally too optimistic to carry it off well.

I do like Lambert so far though. He seems to back his decisions and isn't afraid of taking risks.

• 2 weeks later...

The passion and enthusiasm he showed on the touchline today was unbelievable. You can see the desire to win pouring out of him. He seems to be quickly transmitting that over to the players and its fantastic to see.

At the end of the game today he went up to the Holte, clapped the fans who to a man applauded him back and he pointed to the players as if to say give your support to them guys. Fans seem to be right behind him, and rightly so as only a fool wouldn't be, with plenty of Paul Lamberts Claret and blue army chants the likes of which we haven't seen since O'Neill.

Today it felt as though it was a mini rebirth of this great club. It was far from a full house ( 34k ) but the fans were behind the team and the manager throughout and the players gave their all on the pitch whilst playing some lovely stuff.

Lambert I have always felt is a perfect fit for this club and given decent backing will do great things for us. Today started to confirm that.

Lambert I have always felt is a perfect fit for this club and given decent backing will do great things for us. Today started to confirm that.

I agree. And I really think and hope he will get the backing he deserves.

He has already gotten 20 mill, and so far it looks like wise money spent. I am sure that Lerner will get more confident and keep backing him.

There is also room for getting more resources out of selling players. We can probably free up some solid money next summer when Dunne is out (45 k a week) and maybe sell N'Zogbia (don't know what wages he has, but have heard reports of between 50 and 60). Even Given might be off, which would make room for wages to new and better players.

Here you go Paul, have a few of these:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Like MON, but with tactics, genius signings and use of subs.

A proper, top classs manager.

Dropping Given for Guzan looks like a genius decision.

Signing Vlaar, KEA, Lowton looks inspired, and Benteke showed some promise today (and hopefully the goal will calm him down). Ca't wait to see the others - Bowery will probably have a dozen goals by May!!!!

In Lambert we trust.

Really good stuff. Clearly had us closing Swansea down high up the pitch and it worked great Towards the end of the first half and start of the second half they didn't have a clue what to do because we were so in their face, gave away so many throw-ins through us rushing their passes.

I like his touchline demeanor- the way he hugs players he's substituted, full of encouragement...he seems to have them starting to play from a place of calmness and conviction rather than fear...I see no reason why we can't scalp a few big names along the way this year!

I agree. And I really think and hope he will get the backing he deserves.

He has already gotten 20 mill, and so far it looks like wise money spent. I am sure that Lerner will get more confident and keep backing him.

There is also room for getting more resources out of selling players. We can probably free up some solid money next summer when Dunne is out (45 k a week) and maybe sell N'Zogbia (don't know what wages he has, but have heard reports of between 50 and 60). Even Given might be off, which would make room for wages to new and better players.

Yep, Zog has got to go, he's proven at this point he's second rate. When you dribble the ball into two defenders while not even bothering to look up, and you do it again and again, match after match, you are shit.

PL you have made my life take a turn for the worse, last year under AM I had a wonderful quality of life and I think we sold get back to this style ASAP! I'd wake up on a Monday morning nice a refreshed from my weekend of early nights and plenty of sleep and now I have late Saturday nights to look forward to, currently the game kicks off at midnight, but that will soon change to 2am which isn't good when you have a 3 year old! This means Monday mornings will be a red eye affair again for the majority of the season and I will be back to my sleep deprived lifestyle once more...

Thank f@ck I don't like sleeping as the way he has us playing is a joy too watch and Saturday nights are a joy once again :cheers::D:clap: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :cheers: