Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I like the fact that despite the club clearly making massive progress under him that according to him they are still 3 million miles away from where he'd like them to be. Now that is ambition as quite honestly I'd be happy if Villa played like they did today every game, but Lambert wants even more..

He seems to have a combination of MON and Houllier's positives (and then some) while possessing very few of their negatives. McLeish had no positives so I won't even mention him. I really think we can go places under him.

He's his own man, and we'd do well to forget MON and GH at this point...onward and upward I say!

He has already improved us so much and you know its only going to get better. The future looks bright with PL!

I'm over the moon right now, TBH...just watching the way we close down the opposition when they have the ball...always moving, working for each other...a little bit of swagger even. It's been a while since things have looked so good. Results could go down the toilet at some point, and they will, but we will finish safely mid table, and who knows? Maybe a UEFA Cup spot and a League Cup trophy? Why not?

The most incredible thing is that it took only two games to him to transform the team from a boring, unwatchable, defensive formation that played long balls with the CB that limited to belt the ball clear to an attacking side that starts to build from the back and plays an entertaining, exciting, passing football.

Lamberts character is already starting to show through. He's pretty unassuming, but there is a smouldering steeliness to him that could be infectious across the whole club. The nightmare that was the past couple of seasons will take some exorcising, but there already seems like theres a breath of fresh air flowing through VP.

It will take time, but.........mighty oaks from little acorns, maybe?

I hope he stays here long enough to make us successful. Top class manager who, I fear, will leave us for bigger and better things

He's done that throughout his career so far and that's how he came to us, so ultimately it's something we'd have to accept if it were to happen.

I hope he stays here long enough to make us successful. Top class manager who, I fear, will leave us for bigger and better things

While I do admit I fear this, if he was such a big success I dont see where he could go? Dont think the two Manchester clubs would go for him, nor Chelsea or Arsenal, so really there is only Spurs & Liverpool. I'd like to think that both of those are on a downward spiral at the moment and we are the opposite. I'll tell you what with the inconsistency in this league and the last two performances we could definitely challenge for the top 6 this year.

While I do admit I fear this, if he was such a big success I dont see where he could go? Dont think the two Manchester clubs would go for him, nor Chelsea or Arsenal, so really there is only Spurs & Liverpool. I'd like to think that both of those are on a downward spiral at the moment and we are the opposite. I'll tell you what with the inconsistency in this league and the last two performances we could definitely challenge for the top 6 this year.

Could go to Germany.

But that is all academic, We have got Lambert and that's all that matters. Lets enjoy for the moment.

Downward Spiral? perfect reason for him to move.

We were hardly on the way up when he arrived.

Anyway let's just enjoy the moments we have at the moment :D

Downward Spiral? perfect reason for him to move.

We were hardly on the way up when he arrived.

Anyway let's just enjoy the moments we have at the moment :D

Fair point but Spurs seem to look for more of a continental approach and I'm certain PL would not like the set up of buying players at Spurs. With the owners at Liverpool I don't think they are attractive for him. Also, Villa are potentially a huge club, it would be tough to say the same for Norwich.