Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I hope he stays here long enough to make us successful. Top class manager who, I fear, will leave us for bigger and better things

While I do admit I fear this, if he was such a big success I dont see where he could go? Dont think the two Manchester clubs would go for him, nor Chelsea or Arsenal, so really there is only Spurs & Liverpool. I'd like to think that both of those are on a downward spiral at the moment and we are the opposite. I'll tell you what with the inconsistency in this league and the last two performances we could definitely challenge for the top 6 this year.

Downward Spiral? perfect reason for him to move.

We were hardly on the way up when he arrived.

Anyway let's just enjoy the moments we have at the moment :D

Fair point but Spurs seem to look for more of a continental approach and I'm certain PL would not like the set up of buying players at Spurs. With the owners at Liverpool I don't think they are attractive for him. Also, Villa are potentially a huge club, it would be tough to say the same for Norwich.

Plus why would a manager want to keep moving to clubs on a downward spiral. At sometime they want to win things and we are as good a bet as Spuds and Plop outside the top 4 to have a crack.

For those who are taken in by 'transition seasons' - and 'root and branch culture change' - look at what Lambert has done in 4 games !

Whilst every manager needs time - I think you know pretty quickly if you have a good one.

Guys a legend !

Just seen motd... How predictable that they said that lambert was very mon esque... Just shows how poor they are mon would never have got the tactic like that. Lambert is completely different for the better

I think the comparison was in regards to the effort the players are showing which was the same for MON. The big difference for me is are the influence on the team his signings have made already. Vlaar and El Ahmadi are already looking like out best players and Bentake has potential to be a villa legend. Lowton is also looking the best right back we have had for several years. All this for 1/6 of what MON spent in 4 years.

Still very early days but the sign are looking good for the future with this man in charge.

There's so much to like about Lambert. He was obviously going to have an advantage coming in after McLeish, Houiller & how MON left but I mean, the players he has brought in have been for peanuts, look at it this way, Lowton, Bennett, Vlaar, KAE & Westwood for the price of Fletcher. What I really like though is how fair he is, had any of the previous managers going back to as far as Gregory I'd imagine witnessed the poor form of a first choice goal keeper I don't think many would have dropped him, Lambert just seems so fair. Not dropping Lichaj even though he's not a left back by trade after spending a couple of million on Bennett, thing is now lads know if you're doing the business you'll get a chance, and I don't think they're many young lads or new signings who want to sit on the bench. Easily our best signing in years!

And to think 80%+ Villa fans wanted OGS in charge, I can proudly say I was in the vast minority who voted for Lambert :)
Just becuase lots of Villa fans wanted OGS (and I was one of them) doesn't mean we weren't happy with Lambert either.

I wanted OGS, but was happy with PL.

We'll never know what OGS would have done at Villa, so it's all academic. PL is certainly looking promising, but we can be sure there will come a bad patch at some point, there always does.

Right now, I'm very happy with what he's doing.

I hope he stays here long enough to make us successful. Top class manager who, I fear, will leave us for bigger and better things

The Villa job is still widely regarded as among the best in the world, really. With a Villa side actually winning things, I see no reason why any manager would leave.

The Villa job is still widely regarded as among the best in the world, really. With a Villa side actually winning things, I see no reason why any manager would leave.

Doubt it. We'll have to do a lot to keep him if he succeeds here. I mean, even David Moyes looks like he could leave the Everton job at some point.