Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We've been a bit unlucky that we've only had 3 out of our first 8 games at home, but maybe that could count in our favour later on. Our November is a bit minging however. I think we'll be in the bottom 4 come January so I wonder if another SOS for Robbie Keane could be on the cards? We are really missing that kind of player, as well as wingers and central midfielders and goalscorers.

We've been a bit unlucky that we've only had 3 out of our first 8 games at home, but maybe that could count in our favour later on. Our November is a bit minging however. I think we'll be in the bottom 4 come January so I wonder if another SOS for Robbie Keane could be on the cards? We are really missing that kind of player, as well as wingers and central midfielders and goalscorers.

We will be bottom 4 if Norwich keep their lead against Arsenal, and that is before we play Man United, Man City and Arsenal on the trot in a few weeks. Before that we have Norwich at home and Sunderland away, where we need something like 4 points to avoid being under the relegation line very soon. We have won 1 game out of 8 without meeting the top dogs, this start of the season has been extremely bad and I am fearing relegation even more this season. Six goals in 8 matches is piss poor, and our attacking players are way better than that if you ask me. The problem is obviously the management and tactics, which is thus far amonst the worst in the league.

I thought we looked ok today but alas it wasn't to be.

Waiting for inexperienced players in key positions to get their experience is a dangerous philosophy and one that might mean we are bottom six for the rest of this season.

The Norwich game is a season deciding one now...

Top manager who needs time to sort out the shite that villa have been in the last 2.5 years.

We have to stick with him and see this through come what may

This is what I think. It's odd because I do think we will go down but also I would want to stick with Lambert even if we did. I wouldn't blame him (and I certainly don't blame him from what's going on at the moment)

• Like 1

The problem is when you go on a run of not winning games like we have it gets very difficult to get out of it and with the inexperience we have in the squad it doesn't bode well.

As each game goes by and we drop points/don't win the confidence drops that bit more and it shows on the pitch.

In Lamberts first season in the premier league with Norwich

The first 8 games turned out like so:

3 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws - leaving Norwich with 11 points

Our first 8 games turned out like so:

1 win, 5 loses and 2 draws - leaving Villa with 5 points

Thats pretty abysmal if you ask me. Thing need to start picking up or else we are going down. It's as simple as that.

He's come into a mess of a club but he's not doing much to help himself at the moment.

This ridiculous diamond style midfield does not work.

martin jol sounded pretty scared by it, listen to his post match interviews. he felt he was forced into what coulg be considered a negative change to combat the numbers we had in midfield and especially ireland "always looking for space". he said he felt releived to get a win out of todays game too. doesn't sound that ridiculous to me to be honest, sounds like a massive improvement on last years woefull ineptitude in keeping the ball for more than 2 consecutive passes.

Top manager who needs time to sort out the shite that villa have been in the last 2.5 years.

We have to stick with him and see this through come what may

totally, he sounds confident that if we stick to our guns in terms of what he's tryign to do with the playing staff then we'll start to turn this around. i'd go along with that, results have been really disappointing but we've shown signs that we could turn in to a good footballing side, which after last season is a **** miracle.