Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Me three, top bloke really really engaging personality and a fabulous manager.

hey Richard, second time i've seen you say that, and the penny has just dropped....

soooo, when did you meet him and what did you chat with him about? what did he say?

Quite simply Lambert must not fail - if he does there is knowing how low we could go. By some distance he was the best available manager that we could feasibly hope for. Perhaps aside from David Moyes there isn't anyone else I would like at the helm. We needed an influx of players after lambert arrived and we got it - had we brought in 8 premiership players you could have probably trebled our outlay. Sadly we don't have that kind of dosh.

I think some people quickly forget just how bad things were under mcleish - we barley had a shot in a good percentage of our games. True the points haul so far isn't great - but IMO the performances are massivley improved.

I will still be backing lambo even if we go down - I just don't see an alternative.

Harry Redknapp!

we've been rubbish against spurs and against southampton 2nd half the only common denominator is Stephen Ireland was missing. We need him back desperate. He's the best midfielder. I know some people don't like him but he always plays the simple ball. When we get him fit again we'll pick up points.

• Like 2

For me no. We need managerial stability. We cannot keep changing manager every 12 months. I'd argue even if we went down we stay with lambert. He is here clearing up 3 or 4 years of other peoples errors. (Genuine Answer)

So basically what you are saying CI is that if Lambert relegates us, something even the ginger one couldn't do, you'd want to stick with him.

I'm all for stability. I've been preaching about that very issue with the team for quite some time now but if relegation is to be rewarded with managerial stability even though according to some on here that we are better than last season, then dear help us.

we've been rubbish against spurs and against southampton 2nd half the only common denominator is Stephen Ireland was missing. We need him back desperate. He's the best midfielder. I know some people don't like him but he always plays the simple ball. When we get him fit again we'll pick up points.

This all day long. It will be a godsend to have Ireland back in the lineup. Delph has done okay there, but Ireland is the spark we need there and really makes things tick, certain we will climb up towards midtable when he gets back.

we weren't that bad against spurs to be honest, if we'd taken our chances we'd have probably got a point. way, way, way, better than last years effort. we had a shit 15 mins int eh second half against southampton after earning our lead in a decent first half.

getting SI back will be good as it gives us a bit more quality, i kinda hope bannan will eventually be giving him some competition or a fit GG maybe.

anyway, richard, when did you meet him and what did you chat about!

This all day long. It will be a godsend to have Ireland back in the lineup. Delph has done okay there, but Ireland is the spark we need there and really makes things tick, certain we will climb up towards midtable when he gets back.

So basically what you are saying CI is that if Lambert relegates us, something even the ginger one couldn't do, you'd want to stick with him.

I'm all for stability. I've been preaching about that very issue with the team for quite some time now but if relegation is to be rewarded with managerial stability even though according to some on here that we are better than last season, then dear help us.

In theory yes, in reality I don't think any manager could survive a relegation

we weren't that bad against spurs to be honest, if we'd taken our chances we'd have probably got a point. way, way, way, better than last years effort. we had a shit 15 mins int eh second half against southampton after earning our lead in a decent first half.

getting SI back will be good as it gives us a bit more quality, i kinda hope bannan will eventually be giving him some competition or a fit GG maybe.

anyway, richard, when did you meet him and what did you chat about!

we were not too different to the season before oddly enough. this season we had 44% possesion and 8 shots on goal and spurs had 23 shots on goal.

last season we had 41% possesion and 5 shots on goal and spurs had 20 shots on goal. we lost both times 2-0. Almost identical stats wise, letting a team have 23 efforts is way too many at this level.

we were not too different to the season before oddly enough. this season we had 44% possesion and 8 shots on goal and spurs had 23 shots on goal.

last season we had 41% possesion and 5 shots on goal and spurs had 20 shots on goal. we lost both times 2-0. Almost identical stats wise, letting a team have 23 efforts is way too many at this level.

I was at the infamous Spurs surrender last year and the only thing close to a scoring opportunity we had was a Bent header from the edge of the area which was easily collected by the keeper. The other shots we had must've been speculative long shots because. On the contrary against Spurs this time we at least made some clear cut chances.

I was at the infamous Spurs surrender last year and the only thing close to a scoring opportunity we had was a Bent header from the edge of the area which was easily collected by the keeper. The other shots we had must've been speculative long shots because. On the contrary against Spurs this time we at least made some clear cut chances.

thats why i put oddly enough in the sentence. statistically the games are not to o different. It also didnt seem like spurs had 3 more attempts this year.

either way we are letting teams have a go at us way to much. we must be one of the worst in the league for giving up chances

thats why i put oddly enough in the sentence. statistically the games are not to o different. It also didnt seem like spurs had 3 more attempts this year.

either way we are letting teams have a go at us way to much. we must be one of the worst in the league for giving up chances

And this is what the problem is with a lot of people - they only focus on statistics. Statistically yes the game wasn't much different to last year but if you actually WATCH both of the games you'll see that we were vastly improved on the last time we played Spurs away almost a year ago.

And this is what the problem is with a lot of people - they only focus on statistics. Statistically yes the game wasn't much different to last year but if you actually WATCH both of the games you'll see that we were vastly improved on the last time we played Spurs away almost a year ago.

exactly the same outcome though, and I think even weaker as a defensive unit. While not as bad to watch I dont think there will be any improvements results wise

It's the Sky Sports News disease. People who don't understand football try to make sense of it using the numbers rotated round all day on a 35 minute loop. Poor form.

exactly the same outcome though, and I think even weaker as a defensive unit. While not as bad to watch I dont think there will be any improvements results wise

See! Not a scoob.

But do you not accept that when performances have improved so too do the chances of getting better results, eventually?

It's the Sky Sports News disease. People who don't understand football try to make sense of it using the numbers rotated round all day on a 35 minute loop. Poor form.

See! Not a scoob.

maybe u would like to point out our improvements results wise as we sit with 5 points from 7 resulting in our worst ever premier league start?

But do you not accept that when performances have improved so too do the chances of getting better results, eventually?

While we might be more adventurous going forward I think we are much worse at the back. I think how much we have got worse at the back outweighs how more adventurous we are. we will still struggle to pick up points

While we might be more adventurous going forward I think we are much worse at the back. I think how much we have got worse at the back outweighs how more adventurous we are. we will still struggle to pick up points

That will improve with time as the team gel together.

So is 7. ;) I'm constantly seeing this "worst start to a Premier League season" stat bandied around and then people coming to the conclusion that this will be our worst Premier League seaosn overall. What people forget is that the league is played over 38 games not 7.

So is 7. ;) I'm constantly seeing this "worst start to a Premier League season" stat bandied around and then people coming to the conclusion that this will be our worst Premier League seaosn overall. What people forget is that the league is played over 38 games not 7.

Exactly,its not the first 7 games that count, its the first 38