Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Well I agree with Lambert's philosophy and am 100% behind it. Even if we go down (which im starting to think we will). Things were always going to be extremely difficult before they got better and we're still very much in that now. I have to say I thought we'd have won more games then we have, but I think generally our squad is still very poor. Needs improving massively.

Really think we need to go back to 4-5-1 through November as the games are so tough.... and have KEA and Bannan playing deep. At least there is a chance of creativity when Bannan is on the pitch. He must have the most assists for us this season?

Well I agree with Lambert's philosophy and am 100% behind it. Even if we go down (which im starting to think we will). Things were always going to be extremely difficult before they got better and we're still very much in that now. I have to say I thought we'd have won more games then we have, but I think generally our squad is still very poor. Needs improving massively.

Really think we need to go back to 4-5-1 through November as the games are so tough.... and have KEA and Bannan playing deep. At least there is a chance of creativity when Bannan is on the pitch. He must have the most assists for us this season?

What is his philosophy??? play a formation that doesnt work week in week out, sign cheap low league players who he says are young and hungry and have have a team that has no quality whatsoever.???

Watch your your team not create one shot on target and then say we played great and were unlucky???

How can lambert scrap the diamond formation ? - play Albrighton and Nzog wide ? - neither of those fill me with confidence TBH. However we shuffle the existing pack ..it doesn't come up good. We can only hope it gels.

I think our best bet is that Lambert sticks with what he knows best - and we just hope and pray it comes good. The only feasible alternative is a spending spree on experience players in Jan - but that's really not what Lambert is about or what he was brought for.

After we beat Swansea - I was really hopeful for lift off - but Swansea's results and our since - have really put that result into perspective.

The league table makes scary reading tonight. We are the lowest scorers in the league.

Im still backing Lambo to turn it around - if he doesn't we are set for a decent spell in the wilderness. I can't see a change of manager improving things - not that it should be considered at this point.

His philosophy seems to have been "spend £20m on lots and lots over poor players", repeat "we'll pick ourselves up and go again" after every defeat, and er, that's about it.

8 games. poor return in 5 points is true. no argument there.

starting to see some people who were positive towards the possession style now chiming in with the negative voices. we can and will turn this around though, it might take us till after christmas to find some sort of consistent form, but we'll get there.

What is his philosophy??? play a formation that doesnt work week in week out, sign cheap low league players who he says are young and hungry and have have a team that has no quality whatsoever.???

Watch your your team not create one shot on target and then say we played great and were unlucky???

as has been said elsewhere, the stats say differently, jol himself said he felt releived to come away with all 3 points.

When we appointed Lambert I said that I felt he could have a similar impact to what Graham Taylor did when he took over in 1987. The club like it did in 1987 needs a complete overhaul.

Interestingly Graham Taylor had a similar start to Paul Lambert. In his first 7 games we took 5 points. The only difference was we were in the second tier having just been relegated.

We should have gone down last season. We were that poor. Just as Taylor in 87 couldn't be expected to turn things around in 3 months neither can Lambert. But just as in 87 I had a feeling that things would eventually come good under Taylor I have that same feeling with Lambert.

What we need at the moment is patience and what will be needed in January is for Lambert to be given 15 - 20 mill to spend on 2 or 3 proven players. If both them things happen then we will be fine and it will be onwards and upwards.

• Like 3

When we appointed Lambert I said that I felt he could have a similar impact to what Graham Taylor did when he took over in 1987. The club like it did in 1987 needs a complete overhaul.

Interestingly Graham Taylor had a similar start to Paul Lambert. In his first 7 games we took 5 points. The only difference was we were in the second tier having just been relegated.

We should have gone down last season. We were that poor. Just as Taylor in 87 couldn't be expected to turn things around in 3 months neither can Lambert. But just as in 87 I had a feeling that things would eventually come good under Taylor I have that same feeling with Lambert.

What we need at the moment is patience and what will be needed in January is for Lambert to be given 15 - 20 mill to spend on 2 or 3 proven players. If both them things happen then we will be fine and it will be onwards and upwards.

He could have spent £20m on proven quality this summer, but he didn't, he bought a right load of old shite. Vlaar's the best of the bunch, and he's strictly lower Premier League quality.

knackers. vlaar will become a villa legend.

He's lucky he's got a good nickname and a surname that rhymes with "ooh ah". Other than that I haven't seen too much to get excited about.

He's lucky he's got a good nickname and a surname that rhymes with "ooh ah". Other than that I haven't seen too much to get excited about.

I havent seen anything to suggest he is much better than Collins. As for him becomig a legend I doubt that, nowhere near as good as Laursen or McGrath

All this crap about changing the team to suit the circumstances and having different players and formations for different occasions is utter bollocks, Lambert has to find his best eleven and best tactics/formation soon or we won't win anything.

Rating the team so far.

Guzan 7: Has looked the part

Lowton 6: Has been largely decent enough, still learning and guess we need to forgive his mistakes

Vlaar 6: Hard to rate, sometimes he looks good but most of the time you wonder if he is any better than Dunne or Collins

Clark 5: I'm just not convinced his positional sense and decision making is up to scratch

Baker 6: Looks like he could really come on this season, but doubtless is now crocked for months

Bennett 5: Has potential but we don't have the time and luxury to let that blossom on the pitch

Lichaj 4: Some shocking tackles, has gone backwards under Lambert

Gardener 5: Awfully unlucky with injury although he was poor when he did play

Delph 5: Looks better than before his injury, but doesn't really influence the game enough

KEA 5: Has showed promise but the bigger picture is he really doesn't do enough

Ireland 6: Still isn't the player we need him to be although shows flashes of quality

Bannan 5: You know we are crap when people think playing wee Barry is the answer, and then the same people slate him for his Hollywood balls etc.

Holman 5: Does effort make up for lack of skill and end product?

Albrighton 5: Hasn't recovered the form of his breakthrough season

Herd 5: Another one of the golden generation who should be playing a league below

Westwood 3: Looked dross when he has played, but we need to see more of him to really judge

Zog 5: Runs at 4 players, loses ball.

Bent 5: Needs to stop sulking and score some bloody goals

Gabby 6: Not been back long, one good game against Man City though.

Benteke 4: Has good presence and wins balls well, but looks about as likely to score as my dead nan.

so far no player has managed to put in more than one half decent performance, let alone two players putting in the same in one game.

I do believe in Lambert, but i struggle to believe in this squad.

The biggest problem at the moment is creating chances. We are simply not doing it. But i would say i prefer Benteke missing chances than Bent just got getting any. The creativity in the team is supposed to be Ireland and Holman at the moment, and im not going to be very popular when i say both are failing miserably. Now Holman is very popular because he works so hard, but in the games ive watch hes created very little. I cant really have a go at Irelands work rate, but for an attacking midfielder and our number 1 creative spark there is nothing there.

Possession is pointless unless its in the final third and in or around the box. This is a poor team at the moment and it all revolves around the midfield. BUT it does have the ability to get better. We know more can come from, Gabby, Bent and maybe even N'Zogbia. BUT we need to stop losing games. 1 point out of 12 is atrocious, and yesterdays game seemed very similar to the West Ham game...we aren't improving.

Some of the comments here are ridiculous. Today we lost to Fulham who have one of the best home records in the league. That's nothing to be ashamed of, many better teams will go to Craven Cottage and walk away empty handed.

There is a lot to be encouraged about from our start to the season, we haven't picked up the points yet but I'm certain we will end the season strongly