Paul Lambert

Pilchard

This is a long term project, at leist Lambert is a man with a vision, he's already planning for the january transfer window, and know we're a work in progress, we will come good eventually, i've seen enough bright sparks in our season to beleive that.

Apart from Everton and 2nd half at Southampton, i don't think we've been out of touch with our opponants, we've just failed to capitilise while on top, 1st half against Baggies proved this, dominant first 45 mins, then got suckered by them and spent the rest of the game fighting to get back into it.

I've witnessed some great periods of possesion and passing play as well as great spirit within the squad. I'm very hopeful for the future.

Oh and one final positive:

2524368060.jpg

Quite simply Lambert must not fail - if he does there is knowing how low we could go. By some distance he was the best available manager that we could feasibly hope for. Perhaps aside from David Moyes there isn't anyone else I would like at the helm. We needed an influx of players after lambert arrived and we got it - had we brought in 8 premiership players you could have probably trebled our outlay. Sadly we don't have that kind of dosh.

I think some people quickly forget just how bad things were under mcleish - we barley had a shot in a good percentage of our games. True the points haul so far isn't great - but IMO the performances are massivley improved.

I will still be backing lambo even if we go down - I just don't see an alternative.

This is a long term project, at leist Lambert is a man with a vision, he's already planning for the january transfer window, and know we're a work in progress, we will come good eventually, i've seen enough bright sparks in our season to beleive that.

Apart from Everton and 2nd half at Southampton, i don't think we've been out of touch with our opponants, we've just failed to capitilise while on top, 1st half against Baggies proved this, dominant first 45 mins, then got suckered by them and spent the rest of the game fighting to get back into it.

I've witnessed some great periods of possesion and passing play as well as great spirit within the squad. I'm very hopeful for the future.

Oh and one final positive:

2524368060.jpg

Stick some long ears on him, and he's a dead ringer for a Night Elf.

The only notable mistake Lambert has made, in my opinion, was leaving Bent on the bench again on Sunday. Puzzling move.

But I don't see how people can have too many gripes with him.

We wanted two new fullbacks, we got them. We wanted a holding MF, we got one. We wanted a CB to replace Collins, we got one.

We also have a team that plays a better brand of football than last season's horror show.

I think we're in a similar situation as Liverpool, actually. New, young managers trying to implement a new system with many young players. Their results have been as poor as ours, but they are playing decent football, like us.

I can only see them improving, and I feel the same about us.

Close to how I see it.There isn't too much wrong (except the results) for a "work in progress" team....it will turn.

Loving what Lambert has done so far.

We've played some great stuff and have a fresh look about our team.

We will improve as the season goes on and strengthen again in January.

Bent being on the bench is because we're working harder as a team from the front and he doesn't do that. We're not good enough at the moment to be providing him with the 4 chances he needs to get a goal, so bench it is. I think it'll shock him into putting it in to be honest, and I think that's another bonus of dropping him twice in a row.

I am not convinced to be honest.. I still have trust in him but it's fast running out each week and after each poor result.

Performance wise it's an improvement from last season I guess which is a good thing.

But I fear we are just we are just easy 3 points for big teams and to small/struggling teams we are "those teams" that they believe they can pick up 1/3 point/s from.

Me too. I suspect we won't be in the majority.

Me three, top bloke really really engaging personality and a fabulous manager.

Well I pray he still keeps benching Bent.

If he has a feud going on with him or even just a dislike of him, he'll be out of Villa quite soon.

What good do you think it does coming on here trying to have a go at Lambert? I mean do you think it will make us all say "Oh god lets get him out he has to go" ?

If he has a feud going on with him or even just a dislike of him, he'll be out of Villa quite soon.

You really are quite bitter and twisted aren't you

One minute you claim you're being treated unfairly on your own forum and the next minute you're trolling on here. Strange behaviour.

I am not convinced to be honest.. I still have trust in him but it's fast running out each week and after each poor result.

Interesting take. For me, the trust part is what makes it possible to stomach poor results. If poor results are already wearing you down, that's just like any other manager. If we continue to struggle late into this season, would you want him replaced? (Genuine question.)

Interesting take. For me, the trust part is what makes it possible to stomach poor results. If poor results are already wearing you down, that's just like any other manager. If we continue to struggle late into this season, would you want him replaced? (Genuine question.)

It depends, if we string a couple of good results and I see improvements then I see no reason to change managers.

If we are still seeing the same Villa we are seeing at the moment come late on at the end of the season then yeah I think questions would have to be asked about his future, some managers just don't fit in some clubs it happens.

Obviously i'm hoping this isn't the case and we improve and the results late into the season are good.

For me no. We need managerial stability. We cannot keep changing manager every 12 months. I'd argue even if we went down we stay with lambert. He is here clearing up 3 or 4 years of other peoples errors. (Genuine Answer)