Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I don't think there should be some random number of games, for me we are better than last season already, intuitively.

I agree and it should be obvious to all.

It might be boring, but its true and worth repeating. You cannot rectify two years of decay which saw us fall so low so quickly. We have a lot of young players and a lot of new players.

Yet already we're playing better football and actually look capable of winning a game. Hope is something novel. People can look at the Spurs result and say "no change on last year". But then we matched them for an hour and should have been two up. Goals change games and in the end their quality told. Now compare that to last November...

Its going to take time and I think we'll really gather pace after January, probably when Lambert has brought in a central player.

We're up and down and all over the place results wise at the moment. But you can see where we've progressed from the first two games. We will only get better.

• Like 2

Neither method is more reasonable; both are massively flawed! As I said when I originally posted this: you can manipulate stats to prove whatever you like, and there is no point comparing Lambert with Mcleish because the former is doing such a clearly better job.

Your method is the more flawed because it counts three sides - Norwich, Swansea and QPR - as proxies for last season's relegated sides as well as full members of the premier league in their own right, so counts all their results in twice. How odd is that?

It is clear that Lambert so far isn't doing much better than McLeish. Some fans are taking comfort from the fact that we have had a few more spells of fluent passing football than under Eck, but one league win out of seven is about par for the McLeish course.

I desperately want Lambert to succeed but it would be wrong to deny this has been a patchy and disappointing start, indicating in my view he hasn't been given the tools to do the job. Also maybe he is finding it a bit harder than he did at Norwich. I will be very happy if he proves me wrong.

Your method is the more flawed because it counts three sides - Norwich, Swansea and QPR - as proxies for last season's relegated sides as well as full members of the premier league in their own right, so counts all their results in twice. How odd is that?

It is clear that Lambert so far isn't doing much better than McLeish. Some fans are taking comfort from the fact that we have had a few more spells of fluent passing football than under Eck, but one league win out of seven is about par for the McLeish course.

I desperately want Lambert to succeed but it would be wrong to deny this has been a patchy and disappointing start, indicating in my view he hasn't been given the tools to do the job. Also maybe he is finding it a bit harder than he did at Norwich. I will be very happy if he proves me wrong.

Briny, you have always seemingly had difficulty with valuing performances.... you seem to just look for results only.In the main good performances lead to good results.Right now if you look only at results you will be naturally disappointed.We are work in progress, it will turn for the better and results will come. In terms of passing and moving, in terms of possession, we are well ahead of last year. If some of the away fans( opposition) are honest some of our games could have gone our way....we'll be ok.

Results-wise Lambert isn't doing much better than McLeish but in terms of performances he is. With performances comes points. People need to be patient.

Quite.

Who on earth judges - or panics about - the results of a New Manager and New Team after a handful of games.

It really is staggering.

Make no mistake about it, if we were losing every week but playing poorly, I'd be just as worried as the panicky amongst you all, but the performances have been so encouraging I can't believe people are questioning Lambert.

Honestly, it's mental. Did you see us last season? Have you seen us this? The difference is so big it's ridiculous. The only thing, ONLY thing that looks a little concerning is the strengthening others have done. Last season, we were horrible, but luckily we got early points and managed to keep out head above the slowly improving dross. This year, only Norwich looks especially poor. QPR have too many good players to be this bad all year, Reading have a bit of fight and if not the players, the team ethic to win games, and Southampton can score at the right end no problem.

Overall, happy. Yeah, we could be higher, but I'd rather be playing as we are with 5 points, than have 7 having ratted it against WBA but played shite in every game so far.

• Like 1

I'm not questioning him, but if he gets us relegated then he should be sacked. There should be no reward of managerial stability for chronic failure. He would have done something that none of his predecessors of recent years managed and that's to take us down.

Relegation = he goes down as the WORST manager in our PL history.

I'm not questioning him, but if he gets us relegated then he should be sacked. There should be no reward of managerial stability for chronic failure. He would have done something that none of his predecessors of recent years managed and that's to take us down.

Relegation = he goes down as the WORST manager in our PL history.

No he doesnt. Lambert would go down as having the worst finishing position in the PL (As if that is the only history that matters).

To mark a manager as the worst in history you have to take into account factors of what they were working with and the situation of the club at the time.

Can O'Leary finishing 6th be considered a better achievement than ONeil finishing 6th with far greate resources.

Crystal ball time again. At the moment no one can say for sure whether we will or won't be relegated unless one can see into the future.

Very true. It's a shame that same philosophy isn't applied to new signings by many on here though.

Reporters , the owners and even the team need to start asking him some tough questions and he needs to reply both on and off the pitch.

Hes picked the wrong line up time and time again, made the wrong substitutions, signed average players who aren't ready and has a tendency to laugh of problems in interviews.

We dont look like a team.

Its not good enough.