Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I thought the plan was to pack the midfield, stifle Fulham's attacking play and settle for a 0-0 draw, with maybe a nicked 1-0 if we were lucky. TBF, I wouldn't have minded that if we'd come away with a point (we need to get points from somewhere) but it does seem a little the same as last season with a manager, mention of whose name was for a time banned from this site.

What plan ? There was no plan yesterday. Or was that the plan ?

Sometimes, just sometimes, someone needs to think further than planning for just the next game, or even for just the next season

Dont you think its about time we got out of this silly knee jerk short termism rubbish which has led us to where we are?

• Like 1

I actually think he did well in the summer transfer window, to bring in 4 internationals and an England under 21 plus a few others for 20m was decent business. There are aspects to our play that I do like and over time we will benefit from but sadly the players haven't been able to keep it up for 90 minutes in any game really. I think his biggest mistake was leaving Bent out against the Baggies, for their good start to the season it was a winnable game and the way we dominated the first half if Bent was playing I'm sure we would have been ahead. As I said before having only 3 out of 8 games at home hasn't helped the start. The fans need to hold their nerve, I'm sure the side will pick up from January, especially if a couple of players come in.

Sometimes, just sometimes, someone needs to think further than planning for just the next game, or even for just the next season

Dont you think its about time we got out of this silly knee jerk short termism rubbish which has led us to where we are?

I have no idea what you're talking about but it seems to make sense.

I have to admit im starting to get concerned, but i still think this team can get a lot better. Although its not the hardest start in the world its hasn't been the easiest either. and Weve only played 3 home games to 5 away, and Newcastle, Spurs and Fulham are some of the hardest places to pick up points. I remember we were battered at Fulham last season and picked up a point, yesterday was pretty even, they have only dropped 10 points in 15 games now.

I try to look at everything to be positive or negative about anything. We're a point down on last seasons like for like fixtures (given West Ham is Wolves and Southampton is Blackburn), i think generally our performances are better, but remember this club has only won 3 games in the Premier League in 2012. I think we might need to go again in January and buy some experience, also once fit put in Dunne.

Having a useless **** owner has led us to where we are.

yeah, yank rocket polisher just throwing millions and millions of pounds at our club!! what a clearing in the woods for trying to break the top 4 by backing MON with easily enough money to acheive that goal!! total muppet for then trying to turn us into something that can sustain itself!!

he was a bit of a dick for hiring mcleish i'll admit. apart from that though can't see much to complain about really. back on the PL topic, keep the faith this lad will turn us around.

• Like 1

if anyone thinks Redknapp could work his 'magic' with our current squad, then i think they're alittle insane. We dont have issues with personalities in the squad, and we don't need players brought on side to get the best out of them, the sad thing is the players we have now currently aren't very good.

they will hopefully grow as players, this will happen under Lamberts steward ship. while Harry would come in a sign a similar bunch of player as Mark Hughes has at QPR.

No i didn't mean with our current squad who i agree are very poor. I actually meant if arry was still available in January then bringing him in would firstly mean the sale of Bent to help fund a spending spree on decent players who would take us away from the trap door. I also don't agree with your assumption that he would bring in the type of players Hughes has at QPR.

yeah, yank rocket polisher just throwing millions and millions of pounds at our club!! what a clearing in the woods for trying to break the top 4 by backing MON with easily enough money to acheive that goal!!

Go and have a look how much money it took city to get into the top 4 and then repeat rubbish like that again.

i like Lambert but every single week i watch villa suffer another shit defeat im left thinking the same **** thing...

this narrow midfield is utter utter bollocks and it has to change..

why oh why does he persist with it week in week out after watching us get bummed on the wings...

you play with wingers against Villa and you win, simple as that..

so frustrating to see it every week and Lambert doesn't address the problem

and his post match comments are equally as retarded, I'm sure during his time at Norwich he hung around too much with their most famous radio presenter coz he is begininng to sound more and more like Alan Partridge..

"We will bounce back! We will bounce back!"

We haven't bounced back though have we Paul

• Like 1

How do you know that he didn't try to sign these "proven quality" players but their clubs weren't prepared to sell.

Just about every club in the league seemed to manage it.

If we had a choice of Redknapp or Lambert when the ginger one was sacked who would you have chosen?

Redknapp of course but there's history with villa fans and him and I doubt he'd ever join villa.

Go and have a look how much money it took city to get into the top 4 and then repeat rubbish like that again.

Flawed argument, city was never about breaking into top 4 for them it was about winning the league, RL put a lot of money in that was wasted. The only thing I blame him for was the bizarre mcleish appointment. Lambert has my support because I believe what his doing is right for the club long term. We may go down, we may not, but I believe we will be fine.