Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Basically we are f*cked.

If Lambert goes in the summer I hope we go for OGS again.   Shame thetrees isnt here, be quite fun to have another manager search going.

Doubt that will happen. If we were to go with OGS we should have approached him in december/january at least. The season in Norway starts March 16th and they have started training 2-3 weeks ago. I doubt we can get him in the middle of the season. Besides, he is probably aiming for his 3 league trophy before he leaves.

His aim one day is to become a Manchester United trainer so he has to start somewhere in England. 

Really nice and passionate guy, would have love to have him as a trainer. Unfortunately, he would probably get more criticism than Lambert would considering his short time as a manager. 

Charlie Wyett ‏@CharlieWyett

One of the season's myths is Aston Villa spent £22m. Was actually £14m including Benteke £6.5m, Vlaar £2.5m, Westwood £900k and Lowton £900k

Right, so he doesn't wish to include Bennett and El Ahmadi into that then?

Or was that supposed to be a joke that I missed? :-)

He's also the idiot that came out with this little pearler

Although it hurts, I think Arsenal have done some good business to get £22m for RVP. I don't think he will get double figures for Man Utd

• Like 1

One of the season's myths is Aston Villa spent £22m. Was actually £14m including Benteke £6.5m, Vlaar £2.5m, Westwood £900k and Lowton £900k

Although it hurts, I think Arsenal have done some good business to get £22m for RVP. I don't think he will get double figures for Man Utd

Oh dear! The guy knows nothing.

Wasn't Bennett like 5million on his own, with Benteke being 7mill? That's 12mill right there and I am fairly certain we paid more than 1mill for Lowton...

Then lets add agent fees onto that as well....

Yeaaaa, 14mill? Don't think so.

Wasn't Bennett like 5million on his own

Haha. Doubt it

If you add up the sums he's put there it doesn't come to £14m so he's obviously allowing for Bennett and KEA.

Wasn't Bennett like 5million on his own

Haha. Doubt it

You'd think that... But I actually think he was about 5million. He certainly wasn't the million or so that Lowton cost!

If you add up the sums he's put there it doesn't come to £14m so he's obviously allowing for Bennett and KEA.

Yea I know but those sums are wrong and Bennett and el Ahmadi were more than 3 million for the two....

"an undisclosed fee, believed to be around the £2.5million mark."

For Bennett.

Would imagine the same for KEA. 

So the real price we paid for all the players is probably closer to his figure than 22m. 

Its all about EFFECT is this player having an effect on our game/performace or not?

Under successsive managers we have bought players who have had arguable effect on what we do.

Whether it is poor training on the training ground or the quality of player was never there in the first place its hard to say..... but we all watch the games and they don't lie. 

We all watch for different things so opinions are bound to be different, but at the end of the day .....its results that matter and as our illustrious manager of the past would eloquently say its the "results business"

In my honest opinion... we have made too many bad decisions for too long ( most of them in the transfer market) but some with backroom staff and some with appointing Managers

Graham Carr is one that springs to mind to be envious of.....and our own Tony Barton...God if only we could find one of them.

David Dein would make a great acquisiton for the board.... but our own Steve stride was quality too.

For me too many decisions that have resulted in staff joining Villa with questionable EFFECT.

We do really need to up our game in every aspect of the club.

Edited by TRO

Lambert comes in as the 106th best manager in the English football pyramid this season according to the BBC.

Still, he narrowly edges out McLeish in 107th after McLeish's spell at Forest :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21372441

Not so much actual analysis done from the beeb though.

So not quite the 4th best manager in the league then !

Mat Kendrick's article in the Mail looking at Villa's relegation effort seems to be very very critical of Lambert.

He writes that although Villa had a horrendous 2nd half of last season, McLeish's first half of the season was fairly solid!

I reckon Lambert may be doomed as far as the local press goes now. I'm still behind him but cannot believe how badly it has gone during his time here after he came with such a good reputation and recent track record.

Also you can't deny that Lambert has made some very questionable decisions during matches.

of course he has, he isn't perfect and all managers make mistakes. I would argue his are highlighted more due to the circumstances surrounding the club

Also you can't deny that Lambert has made some very questionable decisions during matches.

of course he has, he isn't perfect and all managers make mistakes. I would argue his are highlighted more due to the circumstances surrounding the club

So taking Gabby off in the 92nd minute and replacing him with a fullback when we are trying to hold onto our lead against Everton was just a mistake ?

I call it a gross mis-management mistake.