Paul Lambert

Pilchard

A little bird told me that Shaun Teale had offerd his services to help coach the defence....and villa declined.

anyone else heard ?

It was mentioned on Radio WM the other day.

Would never happen, since accepting would be accepting that our defensive coach is shit ;)

Shaun Teale was a good defender but who is to say he is a good coach - I'm sure every out of work ex-centre half would be happy to come in and coach but that doesn't mean they should

On corners, I don't understand why we don't put a man on each post? Old fashioned thinking? don't know?

The whole Teale thing is just a gimmick. He comes across has somebody whom wears his heart on his sleeve, so is prone to making gestures like that.

On defending.

I just think we need Dunne back in there, or a more experienced Baker. Vlaar and Clark are pretty awful in the air and thats our major problem, since they are prone to let crosses come across them. Dunne would hopefully solve that.

A little bird told me that Shaun Teale had offerd his services to help coach the defence....and villa declined.

anyone else heard ?

Would never happen, since accepting would be accepting that our defensive coach is shit ;)

Shaun Teale was a good defender but who is to say he is a good coach - I'm sure every out of work ex-centre half would be happy to come in and coach but that doesn't mean they should

On corners, I don't understand why we don't put a man on each post? Old fashioned thinking? don't know?

The whole Teale thing is just a gimmick. He comes across has somebody whom wears his heart on his sleeve, so is prone to making gestures like that.

On defending.

I just think we need Dunne back in there, or a more experienced Baker. Vlaar and Clark are pretty awful in the air and thats our major problem, since they are prone to let crosses come across them. Dunne would hopefully solve that.

Clark is the problem IMO. The way he was practically inside Anichebe for his goal at the weekend, and some of his position play, is just crap for a PL centre-back. I think we'd be best off moving Clark into midfield alongside Sylla or Westwood into a 4-2-3-1 formation when Baker  or Dunne are fit.

anyone else heard ?

Well clearly our defensive coach is shit. How much more proof do people want.

As for £10m for X and £8m for Y how about a lot less for a loan?

Just think how much RL is going to pocket this Summer when we go down?

Bent (£12m) Benteke (£17m) Weimann (£8m) Gabby (£8m) Vlaar (£6m) theres £51m back straight away to repay off the loans he has made to us. Does that suddenly not make us more attractive to purchasers for £50m?

Edited by Denis_B

Clark is the problem IMO. The way he was practically inside Anichebe for his goal at the weekend, and some of his position play, is just crap for a PL centre-back. I think we'd be best off moving Clark into midfield alongside Sylla or Westwood into a 4-2-3-1 formation when Baker  or Dunne are fit.

Agreed. He'd be a much better DM where his 1-on-1 marking and lack of pace aren't as exposed and his ball control and passing can come to the fore. He played some of his best stuff for Villa as a DM partnering Bannan - albeit that was 2 years ago now.

anyone else heard ?

Bent (£12m) Benteke (£17m) Weimann (£8m) Gabby (£8m) Vlaar (£6m) theres £51m back straight away to repay off the loans he has made to us. Does that suddenly not make us more attractive to purchasers for £50m?

Hahahahahahahaha

£12m for Bent

£8m for Gabby

£6m for Vlaar

£17m for Benteke would be a push if we stayed up

:crylaugh:

anyone else heard ?

Hahahahahahahaha

£12m for Bent

£8m for Gabby

£6m for Vlaar

Not so sure about the Benteke one. I think we could easily ask for 17m for him.

But the others, yeah, I agree,

anyone else heard ?

Hahahahahahahaha

£12m for Bent

£8m for Gabby

£6m for Vlaar

Not so sure about the Benteke one. I think we could easily ask for 17m for him.

But the others, yeah, I agree,

Not if we went down!

Probably looking about 12M imo

I don't think he'd go to be honest. As much as we love him, there's a reason we don't have offers coming in for him left, right and centre and it's not because of his loyalty to the Villa. The only way he'd leave the club is if we were so desperate for cash we forced him out. Although he hasn't been prolific in the Prem in recent years, I reckon he'd murder the championship.

Yeah, I'm stupid - Wolves sold a crap CF to Sunderland for how much?

Hes not crap though. 

Fletcher scored a similar amount of goals last term to that of Gabby over the past 3 years.

January shows that nobody wants Bent and why would they.

Vlaar hasnt shown anything to prove hes worth the 3m we paid for him.

I don't think he'd go to be honest. As much as we love him, there's a reason we don't have offers coming in for him left, right and centre and it's not because of his loyalty to the Villa. The only way he'd leave the club is if we were so desperate for cash we forced him out. Although he hasn't been prolific in the Prem in recent years, I reckon he'd murder the championship.

Did'nt see him murder Bradford?

Yeah, I'm stupid - Wolves sold a crap CF to Sunderland for how much?

Hes not crap though. 

Fletcher scored a similar amount of goals last term to that of Gabby over the past 3 years.

January shows that nobody wants Bent and why would they.

Why pay through the nose in January when you can get Bent for almost nout after we go down?

Bet you there will be one or two sniffing around once our fate is sealed.

You know what ?

We are turning into a nursery for the other clubs in the PL, nothing more.just a nursery club for the big boys. 

To be fair, this has very little to do with Lambert. Unfortunately the advent of the "Champions League" always meant this was going to happen, whatever the FA hand over in prize money for the Premier League. It is and always has been a closed shop for the big boys and unless you're in it you will never be able to compete with them financially. The EUFA FFP rules are spun as a way of protecting clubs from themselves but in reality make it even harder for a team to ever bridge that gap and help to protect the marketable brands for years to come. 

Sadly true... Been becoming clearer for me since the last World Cup. Good fan, or bad fan, I'm not paying Premier League prices to watch Championship and League 1 players 'attempt' (lamely) to compete. We're being ripped off right now and it's breaking my heart.

As far as i'm concerned, Gabby will need to take a pay cut if we do get relegated. We will see how loyal he is to Villa then.