Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Also you can't deny that Lambert has made some very questionable decisions during matches.

of course he has, he isn't perfect and all managers make mistakes. I would argue his are highlighted more due to the circumstances surrounding the club

I've read your posts with interest Richard since Lambert has joined the club and in particular lately when opinion has turned significantly against Lambert.

You have highlighted the fact recently that in your opinion we will go down yet you keep defending the manager by finding excuses for him which are in some cases just bordering on the ridiculous. The above post quoted being one.

While we all are entitled to our opinion, for the first time on here, i feel some of your more recent posts are for effect only as you cannot expect fellow posters to accept Lambert's mistakes have been noted due to what is happening around him. Lambert's mistakes have been noted due to the performances of the team and have been highlighted because of that and nothing else. It is his players, his team and his tactics which have put us in our current position when a better manager would not have adopted tactics which have more than exposed our weaknesses. 

And not starting Weimann against Newcastle, second top goalscorer and you don't start him. Makes no sense.

Benteke and Weimann should be starters, clearly they have a bit of a partnership developed, why mess with that?

I see your point but I think you would have to drop either Gabby or CNZ from the system Lambert is currently using which is harsh as all have been playing well as of late. To play them all you would have to switch to 442 with Gabby and CNZ on the wings, however I dont think that would provide much cover for the full backs - who are clearly quite shit!

Also you can't deny that Lambert has made some very questionable decisions during matches.

of course he has, he isn't perfect and all managers make mistakes. I would argue his are highlighted more due to the circumstances surrounding the club

So taking Gabby off in the 92nd minute and replacing him with a fullback when we are trying to hold onto our lead against Everton was just a mistake ?

I call it a gross mis-management mistake.

WTF? Replacing a forward with a defender when trying to defend a lead is a gross mismanagement mistake?

Please find a real stick.

• Like 3

Interesting that you did not give former managers the same option.

Lambert comes in as the 106th best manager in the English football pyramid this season according to the BBC.

Still, he narrowly edges out McLeish in 107th after McLeish's spell at Forest :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21372441

Not so much actual analysis done from the beeb though.

That has to be up there with the most pointless articles I have ever seen.

Mat Kendrick's article in the Mail looking at Villa's relegation effort seems to be very very critical of Lambert.

He writes that although Villa had a horrendous 2nd half of last season, McLeish's first half of the season was fairly solid!

I reckon Lambert may be doomed as far as the local press goes now. I'm still behind him but cannot believe how badly it has gone during his time here after he came with such a good reputation and recent track record.

The fact that Lambert can't even boast a good first half season makes it quite clear that he is **** useless. Not won a home game since November, not won any sort of league game since mid December. What a **** up!

Interesting that you did not give former managers the same option.

the previous two you mean? Is it really that interesting? I mean they were different people for whom I had different opinions,

Houllier I just didn't like or rate. Out of the game for a while due to ill health, always a manager with a dubious reputation when it came to managing people and signing players. Just for me so obviously the wrong man at the wrong time

Was I wrong about him by the way do you think?

Mcduff, so wrong it was untrue. A truly awful manager regardless of where he came from. Successful in relegation and coming third in a two horse race that is Scottish football. Negative, not one clue about building for future success, did I mention negative?

Was I wrong about him by the way either?

Whether or not I am wrong about lambert remains to be seen, but after the last two I believe he is working under entirely different objectives so for me it is far too early to judge , where on the other two judgement could be made sooner due to the circumstances and the managers they were.

So different people, different scenarios . Not really that interesting at all really unless people are trying to score a point that is.

The fact Lambert has taken over from one of the worst managers in football, added over £20M worth of players, but still continued to break several unwanted records along the way, whilst also failing to beat McLeish on any positive stat (up to this point of the season) makes it early enough for me to think he's shite and way out of his depth.

• Like 3

The fact Lambert has taken over from one of the worst managers in football, added over £20M worth of players, but still continued to break several unwanted records along the way, whilst also failing to beat McLeish on any positive stat (up to this point of the season) makes it early enough for me to think he's shite and way out of his depth.

Take a bow son!.. Spot on...

That would make sense if the team was the same.

Villa this season are basically equal to a promoted team, their first season in the premier league.

Eck, had a premier league team and was still shite.

• Like 1

Villa this season are basically equal to a promoted team, their first season in the premier league.

Oh right did Mcduff sign all our new players then?..

I think you will find it was lamberk the clown that brought them in and assembled our current squad!..

Silly billy...

What a load of bollocks.

Lambert inherited the bulk of the team that was left behind by McLeish.

The fact that he has chosen to exclude a number of them from playing most games and brought in his own shit (Benteke possibly excluded) is his own doing and everything to do with his failures and incompetence as a PL manager.

The spelling of sentences.
No capital on God.
Filling a Paul Lambert thread with non Lambert posts.
The assumption that we are getting relegated.
There's probably more errors, I apologise, but those darn dots really cut deep.

• Like 1