Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Despite everything Lambert should remain as manager.

He still has my patience and backing for the next 2 1/2 years.

Right with you... The fear of who's coming next alone makes me say that. I've see the varied opinons of who is at fault for our situation right now - and whilst PL is not blameless, my axe is grinding at the owner and his side-kick.

Show some ambition - or quit. You are killing my club and it's fan base.

You know what ?

We are turning into a nursery for the other clubs in the PL, nothing more.just a nursery club for the big boys. 

To be fair, this has very little to do with Lambert. Unfortunately the advent of the "Champions League" always meant this was going to happen, whatever the FA hand over in prize money for the Premier League. It is and always has been a closed shop for the big boys and unless you're in it you will never be able to compete with them financially. The EUFA FFP rules are spun as a way of protecting clubs from themselves but in reality make it even harder for a team to ever bridge that gap and help to protect the marketable brands for years to come. 

Sadly true... Been becoming clearer for me since the last World Cup. Good fan, or bad fan, I'm not paying Premier League prices to watch Championship and League 1 players 'attempt' (lamely) to compete. We're being ripped off right now and it's breaking my heart.

Football clearly has problems that go far beyond club level, whether talking about the manager, the chairman, or anyone else. While Lambert clearly hasn't got everything right, and Lerner could have invested more, the best we could have hoped for in recent years is to tread water in mid-table and the odd Europa League campaign - hardly inspiring stuff. 

How many players signed by Houllier will be sold for more than we paid for them?

How many players signed by Mcduff will be sold for more than we paid for them?

How many players signed by Lambert will be sold for more than we paid for them?

How many players signed by Houllier will be sold for more than we paid for them?

Bent? Benteke? Holman (signed on a free, wasn't he?) Westwood?

If we sell any of the lads that came through our academy and signed under 1 of those managers, does that count as a profit?

Bent? Benteke? Holman (signed on a free, wasn't he?) Westwood?

If we sell any of the lads that came through our academy and signed under 1 of those managers, does that count as a profit?

How can you think we'd get more than what we paid for Bent??

you missed out:

How many Stephen Irelands signed by Faulkner will be sold for more than we "paid" for him?

:D

As for £10m for X and £8m for Y how about a lot less for a loan?

That's a fair point, but it brings into question the options we could have had on loan.

If we're talking about players that were a certainty to succeed and improve us, then we would probably be talking about Premier League players.

How many Premier League teams would have loaned us a player that would have improved us? How much would we then be contributing to wages?

If we did loan a player, would he then simply return to the other club, improving them (like Kyle Walker) and it would simply be a case of postponing the 're-build'.

I wonder how many here would have been happy with bringing in Andy Carroll instead of buying Benteke?

I'm going to guess here, but:

several. You'd already get a load more for Benteke. Lowton would be worth more. Ditto 'Tim' Westwood.

But that is to be expected when you are primarily signing young prospects from the lower leagues. Some will come good and be worth more, others may not.

How many players signed by Mcduff will be sold for more than we paid for them?

How many players signed by Lambert will be sold for more than we paid for them?

Whether Lambert's method of buying foreign or lower league players, and therefore increasing their value, will be beneficial, will be determined at the end of the year when we see which league we're in.

I don't think many are doubting that Lambert has been good in the transfer market when compared to his predecessors, but when it comes to managing the team he has been found seriously lacking.

How many players signed by Mcduff will be sold for more than we paid for them?

How many players signed by Lambert will be sold for more than we paid for them?

Whether Lambert's method of buying foreign or lower league players, and therefore increasing their value, will be beneficial, will be determined at the end of the year when we see which league we're in.

No, it'll be the following spring when we see what our accounts look like after they've all gone ;)

I don't think many are doubting that Lambert has been good in the transfer market when compared to his predecessors, but when it comes to managing the team he has been found seriously lacking.

But for Benteke I would argue hes been worse.

But for Benteke I would argue hes been worse.

Lambert has made some very poor signing. Benteke has been good, the rest are pretty awful

No matter which way you look at it or how many excuses you can think of to exclude Lambert from criticism, our current position reflects the quality of our team, the abilities of those players within that team and the manager who signed and is dictating the system in which those players play in.