Paul Lambert

Pilchard

or Vidic from Man U on loan maybe, or Mertesacker from Arsenal?

Ba is probably on £50k a week minimum

What makes you think Carragher was available for loan?

Fantasy Football

Are you on a complete wind up here?

Ba has played like 2 professional games for Porto, just check his record http://www.foradejogo.net/player.php?player=199101010001&language=2

So how on earth would be on that much?????????????????????????????

• Like 1

The problem all you guys still backing Lambert are not considering, is, half the players in the team, Bennett, Lowton etc, have not improved one single bit under Lambert. This is a reason to hold Lambert responsible. Where's the direction??

We can see they are not good enough, why can't he. Drop Bennett, Lowton. I know what everyone thinks of Ireland, but his costing us alot of money, needs a good run of games to prove himself. If not, needs games so we can at least sell him in the summer. He maybe not great to a few of you guys but **** me, he shows more than the younger guys. Cannot understand why he would play Bannan over him. Its Lambert stubborness costing us!!!

To be fair Ireland has mostly poor this season.Lambert Dropped Bannan as soon as he was able. Agree on the purchases - Bentekke looks good - Bennett poor - with the others somewhere between.

I think Lamberts problem is the players he has available - some of thats down to his purchases - granted - but I don't think plonking steven ireland in the team is the start of a new dawn for us.

Time for Paul to do the Lambert Walk.

He is just a yes man,why did'nt he have the guts to say to Lerner that the $$$ he is handing over is nowhere near enough to run a PL team.

rocket polisher.

Do you think that would have pushed him to spend millions??

Lambert is not a yes man - The main problem (of many) this season is that Paul Lambert has completely wasted a good sum of money on shite like Bennett, Lowton, Vlaar, KEA and Westwood.

He is just a yes man,why did'nt he have the guts to say to Lerner that the $$$ he is handing over is nowhere near enough to run a PL team.

rocket polisher.

And get who in excatly ? You saying he should leave because he is a yes man, if he wanted to come and manage this club, revive our fortunes around despite the severe financial restraints randy has implemented I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. He is a top coach working under ridiculous conditions.

People conterminously question his signings, it is clear that when he arrived people had to leave, he had to bring 1/3 of a squad in on 20 million pounds and minimum wages. When people question his signings, which they are entitled to do it seems they completely forget the hoops he has to jump through.

Im not saying he hasnt made mistakes, he has. I want him as manager even if we go down, only coaches who are far far out of our league could do much better than Lambert and the crap he has to put up with. 

Edited by SuperJonno

And get who in excatly ? You saying he should leave because he is a yes man, if he wanted to come and manage this club, revive our fortunes around despite the severe financial restraints randy has implemented I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. He is a top coach working under ridiculous conditions.

People conterminously question his signings, it is clear that when he arrived people had to leave, he had to bring 1/3 of a squad in on 20 million pounds and minimum wages. When people question his signings, which they are entitled to do it seems they completely forget the hoops he has to jump through.

Im not saying he hasnt made mistakes, he has. I want him as manager even if we go down, only coaches who are far far out of our league could do much better than Lambert and the crap he has to put up with. 

My point is that when he was interviewed for the job at Villa and Lerner told him what he wanted and how much he would have to spend.Lambert should have had the balls to say, 

1- the money you are giving me to spend is not enough for a PL team

2-The wages you want to pay are not high enough for a PL team

3- If you intend to stay in the PL then you have to pay PL money.

By your logic no one would manage us who isnt a yes man. End of the day if Randy isnt willing to invest he wont. Lambert wanted to turn our fortunes around, who knows the extent to which he made away of future financial spending, although you would suspect it would of been made clear enough. 

I cant quite grasp your reasoning for him to walk.

I dont disagree with any of the three points you made, we do need more money in wages, we do need to invest more money but I cant believe your blaming Lambert for not saying that to him. 

this to me is obvious but I guess it depends what pov you want to take

Well, Lambert is not doing himself any favours by not stating the truth to Lerner, is he ?

What I am trying to say is that Lerner wants a PL team with the expenditure of a Championship or League 1 team.Lambert should have had the guts to say, you can not have a PL team on that sort of money.By saying yes to Lerner he is either too stupid to realise that himself ( which I dont think for 1 minute ) or he is a yes man.

When it all falls to bits and we go down, Lambert will look like a manager who could not keep a team in the PL when in actual fact he was not given a fair chance because of Lerner and his childish grasp on Pl expenditure.

So, instead of saying yes. He should have stated the truth.It can not be done,period.

Well, Lambert is not doing himself any favours by not stating the truth to Lerner, is he ?

What I am trying to say is that Lerner wants a PL team with the expenditure of a Championship or League 1 team.Lambert should have had the guts to say, you can not have a PL team on that sort of money.By saying yes to Lerner he is either too stupid to realise that himself ( which I dont think for 1 minute ) or he is a yes man.

When it all falls to bits and we go down, Lambert will look like a manager who could not keep a team in the PL when in actual fact he was not given a fair chance because of Lerner and his childish grasp on Pl expenditure.

So, instead of saying yes. He should have stated the truth.It can not be done,period.

How do you know he hasnt asked for more investment ? End of the day its not down to Lambert, its Lerner, if he doesnt want to invest he wont. 

If he said it cant be done, he wouldnt be our manager and he clearly wanted to be, he believed he could do it. If he said it no, someone else would of come in under the same circumstances. Its not as if Lerner would invest a bucket load of cash just because a manager wants more investment. 

rocket polisher.

And if he walked out, he would get similar abuse as to what MoN did, and accused of jumping ship. We would then have the situation of dumb and dumber looking for a replacement which fills me with dread.

Im not fully behind Lambert and feel some of this is his fault, but i think we are aiming our bullets in the wrong direction.

3 of the back 4 were signed by him.

2 midfield players sitting in front of the defence were signed by him.

He coaches them

He is 100% responsible for the shocking state of our defence.

Same old crap argument and same old debate time and time again - last season we had, for example, Hutton earning £40k a week at right back, this season we've got Lowton earning a quarter of that. We had Warnock earning £50k a week and Bennett earns less than a fifth of that. Warnock and Hutton were shit, so players that you are able to pay a fraction of that are not likely to be world beaters are they

Lambert's signings are all compromises and gambles - given the money available to him they had to be. I'm certain Lambert would love to have bought Sissoko like Newcastle or Samba like QPR but they are out of our realm now

Lambert is trying to put together a team made up of misfits and youngsters - for 12-18 months it is going to look like it's held together with string and sticking plasters but we've got to stick with it and hope it comes good

Nice to see that the informed view on Sylla has already been expressed by many on here too

Lambert's tactics and formations are hard to understand sometimes - sometimes I think they are mistakes, but occasionally I think that working with the players and coaches every day he might just know a little bit more about it than me

First of all, what is it Lambert has done for you to have nothing but admiration for him? Did you believe that at the beginning of the season Villa were destined to go down anyway and therefore Lambert has punched above his own weight with the results he has achieved, has the team been playing above themselves and is he doing a fantastic job?

As for the "top coach you mention", What is it has he done to deserve this wonderful accolade you have bestowed on him. Is it the confusing team selections and tactics week after week? The way he has been unable to coach the defensive errors from set pieces out of the team? The fact that the players appear to be as confused as the fan's during games as to what they are supposed to be doing?

I understand Lambert hasn't come into the club at the best time with the reduction of wages investment etc. However you go on like he's god! He has been shit at best and you have this idea that he is the best manager out there that Villa could get! He has had decent money and arguably has only spent 10-12m wisely, failed to strengthen in the right areas with quality instead opting for youth, especially on the flanks, and then also choosing a formation that exposes them. Absolute genius!

Lerner is most to blame for our current situation due to his typical yank gung ho attitude and inability to hire the right staff. Lambert however has done exactly the same thing with the team, gets paid a shit load of money in the process yet has an expectancy level of zero?! And to claim he has put up with a load of shit is nonsense. He has had massive backing from everyone at the club, especially the fan's.  He is very much to blame for our plight and the words admiration or top coach would be the last in the english dictionary I would use to describe him.

• Like 1

I have always admired him as a coach for his respective achievements long before he came to us. I respect him because he was, as far as i was aware prepared to leave a cushty job with much lower expectations to try and turn our fortunes around despite the severe financial implications, and because of this I talk about him like a god ? Take you long to come up with that ? Because I dont slate him and think all this is his entire fault I must worship him.... :huh:  I even stated a little higher that he has made mistakes. 

No I never believed we would go down, I believed we would be there or there abouts and we are. My faith in staying up was a presumption on my behalf that we would invest further in January. We havent. Why are you continuously making out like im sucking Lambert off ? I never actually said how I think he is performing this year my posts referred to the restrictions he has to face. I think its impossible to asses his tenure fairly without considering the shit he has to deal with. 

Well apart from his previous accolades, I understand the systems he wants to implement. Sadly, for us, we dont have the players able to do so in the squad or the money to bring them in. I totally agree that in certain games he has made mistakes but I disagree that week in week out he makes baffling calls. Our set piece record is alarming, however ratio wise its not the worst in the premier league, its just we give so many corners away ( Lamberts fault ofcourse ) that it increases the likelyhood of conceding, that being said we do need to improve. Not arguing that.

I think he was one of the best we could get, he is attempting to install progressive football but the players aint good enough, but his decisions, and at points throughout the season his stubborness may of cost a point or two.

He had to bring in 1/3 of a squad with 20 million for christ sake, with limited wages who the hell was he going to bring in after two seasons on the decline we hardly a massive attraction! He was thinking long term and I like that, do you not think given more resources he would of liked to sign better players ??? Jesus wept! People like Hutton and Warnock had to leave regardless of what he thought, they were shite and on high money, he brought in players which were younger have the potential to improve and on half the wages, financial restrictions are the obvious issue. If we had more money, we would probably have better players.

How many of his signings were actually youth ?? People make out like we signed tons of lower league 18 years old but we didnt. The issue is not age, but quality and we dont have the resources to go out and buy players who are far more likely to succeed.

There is more to football than playing 4-4-2. Its an evolving game and I understand the concept behind his formation and tactics. Sadly, we are chucking players in at the deep end who might not be ready, with a few better players around it might not be so bad but its the situation we find ourselves in due to our owner.

When i refer to the shit he has to deal with, im talking to reduction in wages, limited investment ( 20 million for 1/3 squad is nothing special ), players who arent good enough, players who dont care. Ofcourse he has the backing of the club and fans and rightly so.

3 of the back 4 were signed by him.

2 midfield players sitting in front of the defence were signed by him.

He coaches them

He is 100% responsible for the shocking state of our defence.

Same old crap argument and same old debate time and time again - last season we had, for example, Hutton earning £40k a week at right back, this season we've got Lowton earning a quarter of that. We had Warnock earning £50k a week and Bennett earns less than a fifth of that. Warnock and Hutton were shit, so players that you are able to pay a fraction of that are not likely to be world beaters are they

Lambert's signings are all compromises and gambles - given the money available to him they had to be. I'm certain Lambert would love to have bought Sissoko like Newcastle or Samba like QPR but they are out of our realm now

Lambert is trying to put together a team made up of misfits and youngsters - for 12-18 months it is going to look like it's held together with string and sticking plasters but we've got to stick with it and hope it comes good

Nice to see that the informed view on Sylla has already been expressed by many on here too

Lambert's tactics and formations are hard to understand sometimes - sometimes I think they are mistakes, but occasionally I think that working with the players and coaches every day he might just know a little bit more about it than me

rocket polisher.

From his reputation he is anything but a yes man

So your hope is that Lambert goes and then what? Big Ron maybe? John Gregory? Get a grip

So you're point of view is that no manager could keep Villa in the premiership given the level of investment available

If that is the case why the constant criticism of Lambert - because as you state no-one could do better on the funds available