Paul Lambert

Pilchard

No one can blame Lambert for the budget. We clearly have to cut the cloth accordingly and he has to make the best of things.

Our defense, however, is inexcusable.

It's not just even the defence. It's the shape, tactics and motivation. Basically, everything the manager is responsible for.

It's not just even the defence. It's the shape, tactics and motivation. Basically, everything the manager is responsible for.

His tactics are awful and the fact that we're still freely conceding from corners is hilarious. He has seemingly done nothing to buck that trend.

Watching his post match interview brought home what a piss pot club we've become. Lambert looked rather happy to come away with a point despite screwing up a two goal lead (again). Shocking stuff really.  

When we lost to Newcastle, the first thing he had to say is that the team were clapped off. Like it's vindicating what he's doing. So infuriating.

Agreed.

I just can't believe that. I'm not being stupid and screaming conspiracy, but if I was in his position I would spend night and day looking for that player. As somebody mentioned earlier, I fail to see how there wasn't one affordable defender who fit the bit (I know I've been banging on about it but Scharner).

Also, to this

I'm going to humour him.

Lambert is an ex player who did his badges, which means he has the profile to become a professional manager. I'd be willing to put my neck out and say there are hundreds of brilliant coaches out there in the world, who don't have the profile and therefore won't ever get a big job. It's as simple as that.

So it's fair to say that he knows a little about the professional game then - that is why I have faith in his judgement. Posters who claim they have all of the answers to our current situation (and every other situation it seems under any manager you care to name) probably don't know much about the professional game - by comparison. I think that is a fairly solid argument. The witch-hunt that is starting is based on comments by people who are probably not qualified to point out what should have been done.

So it's fair to say that he knows a little about the professional game then - that is why I have faith in his judgement. Posters who claim they have all of the answers to our current situation (and every other situation it seems under any manager you care to name) probably don't know much about the professional game - by comparison. I think that is a fairly solid argument. The witch-hunt that is starting is based on comments by people who are probably not qualified to point out what should have been done.

So if you haven't played or coached professionally you are not allowed to comment.. May as well close the site

So it's fair to say that he knows a little about the professional game then - that is why I have faith in his judgement. 

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. If a Razor Ruddock or Vinnie Jones were to go into management, would you have faith in them?

Bollocks. Sharner is the experienced CB we need and he's back at Wigan. For what we saved with Hutton and Warnock, we could have got an MLS defender on loan. He just had no idea on targets and now is blaming everything but himself. Same as usual.

Lerner must be pissing himself.  Well played Randy, another bullet dodged

The problem all you guys still backing Lambert are not considering, is, half the players in the team, Bennett, Lowton etc, have not improved one single bit under Lambert. This is a reason to hold Lambert responsible. Where's the direction??

We can see they are not good enough, why can't he. Drop Bennett, Lowton. I know what everyone thinks of Ireland, but his costing us alot of money, needs a good run of games to prove himself. If not, needs games so we can at least sell him in the summer. He maybe not great to a few of you guys but **** me, he shows more than the younger guys. Cannot understand why he would play Bannan over him. Its Lambert stubborness costing us!!!

dawkins is probably making about £4000 a week

that probably explains it. i doubt it was dawkins OR a defender

Less than that I've heard

Dawkins is more or less a freebie

Lambert said he wanted to strenghten CM and CB - looks like he only had around a £1m to play with and thought that Sylla gave best VFM. Can't imagine he could have got a CB any better than Clark or Baker for that money

All this money saved from Warnock and Hutton going is probably imaginary as I would think we paid Warnock off and are paying the majority of Hutton wage still. Even if there was money saved why would anyone think that that would be handed over.

I was yelling about tactics as much as the next man Tuesday night but some things (like tactics) are within Lambert control and some things are clearly not.

Nice to see the Sylla backlash has started already too

I honestly think it was Dawkins or a CB. My reasoning that Lambert hasn't got a clue as manager of this club. We are conceding goals left, right and centre and he decides to when knowing fully Dunne was injured again he had to sign a replacement experienced CB incase Vlaar got injured again. 

What a bizarre thing to think.

Ba from Porto on loan and Carragher from Liverpool on loan

or Vidic from Man U on loan maybe, or Mertesacker from Arsenal?

Ba is probably on £50k a week minimum

What makes you think Carragher was available for loan?

Fantasy Football

Less than that I've heard

Dawkins is more or less a freebie

Lambert said he wanted to strenghten CM and CB - looks like he only had around a £1m to play with and thought that Sylla gave best VFM. Can't imagine he could have got a CB any better than Clark or Baker for that money

All this money saved from Warnock and Hutton going is probably imaginary as I would think we paid Warnock off and are paying the majority of Hutton wage still. Even if there was money saved why would anyone think that that would be handed over.

I was yelling about tactics as much as the next man Tuesday night but some things (like tactics) are within Lambert control and some things are clearly not.

Nice to see the Sylla backlash has started already too

Why did Lambert send him out as an AM when brought on yesterday if that is the case?

Its a dark day when we think getting carragher on loan is fantasy football :P Isnt that term usually saved for players that are actually good !!

He would never come though, nor would i want the slow illiterate arse hole.

Sent Sylla out as a AM ? When i was watching, and not shaking and covering my face with my hands I didnt think he was a AM :S he was pressing high at times to try and win the ball back, rather than sit back (which we did anyway) but the intention was to defend from the front. Massive difference.