U.S. Politics

maqroll

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He did what he was elected to do, apparently. Did he build that wall? Did he season that swamp? Did he lock her up? Did he make America great again?

He put through enormous tax cuts for his billionaire backers and enabled the stacking of the judiciary from the Supreme Court down (influencing social justice decisions for a generation), all while keeping the masses focused elsewhere on one liberal outrage or another.

So yeah, I'd say he did what he was put there to do, and pretty effectively as well. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This was well put-together.

But to actually enjoy it one probably needs both a like for musical theatre and a tolerance for James Corden, which I appreciate is going to have limited demographic crossover here...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

But to actually enjoy it one probably needs both a like for musical theatre and a tolerance for James Corden, which I appreciate is going to have limited demographic crossover here...

I am that demographic. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Don't mind musical theatre but my tolerance of James Corden is less than zero. I lasted 1 minute... 

5 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Don't mind musical theatre but my tolerance of James Corden is less than zero. I lasted 1 minute... 

I'd be the same in most cases. Talk-show James Corden and mid-2010s, shit-ITV James Corden I have very little time for. 

Theatre actor James Corden on the other hand is decent. 

15 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Don't get the hate for him

I hear he can be a bit of a cockwomble , but he's quite charming and funny on screen (the Patrick Stewart embarrassment aside)  , snippets i've seen of his US chat show he seems to have a very good format and repertoire with the guests

mind you I have zero tolerance for Alan Carr and Michael McIntyre , so I'm hardly one to talk :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Don't get the hate for him

I hear he can be a bit of a cockwomble , but he's quite charming and funny on screen (the Patrick Stewart embarrassment aside)  , snippets i've seen of his US chat show he seems to have a very good format and repertoire with the guests

mind you I have zero tolerance for Alan Carr and Michael McIntyre , so I'm hardly one to talk :)

Off topic: I find him to be utterly unfunny and annoying but he thinks he is, much like Alan Carr & Michael McIntyre (you've saved yourself with this :)). Jimmy Carr is similar as he is constantly laughing at is own jokes. He does save himself though a bit by actually being funny sometimes. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's pardoned some Hippity Hop singer for firearms offences. 

Truly the party of law and order. 

Some suggestion that he's been receiving $2m donations in exchange for a pardon. Even for a man of his low moral standing, that feels like a transgression too far.

• Shocked 1

Â