U.S. Politics

maqroll

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's getting pretty tiresome having this kind of response when you post something that provokes lots of questions and then you decide not to answer any of them, tbh.

I'm not sure what you get out of these exchanges. Admittedly some of the responses can occasionally be hostile, but a lot are fairly straightforward questions, and time and time again, you ignore them until it's time to post something else that provokes just as many unanswered questions. It's a very strange loop.

What's there to respond to.

The inauguration of the new president has resulted in the deployment of at least 2 divisions, though some are now saying it is closer to 3, to protect what? This is a large scale deployment on domestic territory. This has never happened before in peacetime. In a supposed democracy? Though we know that's not the case and the US is closer to a fascist plutocracy.

What am I supposed to do if the response to that from people is to cheer.

Edited by villakram
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, villakram said:

The inauguration of the new president has resulted in the deployment of at least 2 divisions, though some are now saying it is closer to 3, to protect what? This is a large scale deployment on domestic territory. This has never happened before in peacetime. In a supposed democracy? Though we know that's not the case and the US is closer to a fascist plutocracy.

“To protect what?”

Where have you been for the past few weeks man.

6862AE65-7631-487C-9309-D4375AEE5025.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, villakram said:

The inauguration of the new president has resulted in the deployment of at least 2 divisions, though some are now saying it is closer to 3, to protect what? This is a large scale deployment on domestic territory. This has never happened before in peacetime. In a supposed democracy?

First time for everything. I'm going to guess that it's because hundreds of alt-right lunatics stormed the Capitol two weeks ago. That had never happened before either. So you react to a change in the landscape. 

What's your theory of why they are there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villakram said:

In a supposed democracy? Though we know that's not the case and the US is closer to a fascist plutocracy.

Yes it is a democracy and fortunately the fascist didn't succeed in his attempt to usurp the fairly won election. 

But the troops are needed because the wanna be Hitler has roused his mercenaries to try and interfere again. 

• Like 1

Unless you think ‘iTs AnTiFa!!!!’

635D075F-6BB4-43BA-9298-A330A25159DE.jpeg

D4883543-F432-425D-9F6D-5E32F2CBDB60.jpeg

• Sad 2

Mistakes... Orwell weeps.

2 million imprisoned. I believe there was some fuss over the summer related to this. Biden was intimately involved in the construction of this system.

I wonder what the people of Iraq (for example) think about his mistakes?

I can't imagine how I could destroy so many lives and have it called a mistake and then be told "don't worry about it", because I'm a nice guy or something.

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's getting pretty tiresome having this kind of response when you post something that provokes lots of questions and then you decide not to answer any of them, tbh.

I'm not sure what you get out of these exchanges. Admittedly some of the responses can occasionally be hostile, but a lot are fairly straightforward questions, and time and time again, you ignore them until it's time to post something else that provokes just as many unanswered questions. It's a very strange loop.

I literally answered some of your points VK in my original posts. You're really gonna lay a huge blame for Iraq disaster on Biden (a minority vote) not Wolfowitz, Cheney, Condy, Colin Powell or Bush? Orwell also came up with the idea of "Double Think" you know.

The main thrust of my post was the entitled privileged white folks who hate their own lives of mass consumerism so much that they had to find Q et al to give their lives some meaning. Those people are the big problem - so lazy and entitled they have no idea how good they have it. But you conveniently ignore that so you can  continue your own slanted narrative.

• Like 2

The US passes 400k deaths. That is trump's legacy. I can't help but suspect that covid deaths will be a greater priority to republicans within a couple of weeks.

It'll almost certainly be time to heal the nation and work together as well.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The US passes 400k deaths. That is trump's legacy. I can't help but suspect that covid deaths will be a greater priority to republicans within a couple of weeks.

Our ratio of deaths to population is worse isn’t it? 
Goven how different our healthcare systems are it’s pretty incredible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Until Thursday morning when the GOP wake up and start blaming Biden for 4000 deaths a day.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Yeah the US has a huge population. On a deaths per 100,000 basis they are still high up there but lower than the UK, Italy, Belgium etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I've been thinking about this.  They've not just failed to manage it, they've actually deliberately ignored it and a big chunk of population have made a point of going out of their way to challange the disease. 

I think the answer might be because of how densely populated the UK is.  There are very few genuinely isolated places and a tiny population living in rural communities. 

The US has about 35 people per square km compared to 270 per square km in the UK.  I'm pretty sure that must play into the figures. 

They've got masses of people living in quite isolated and in some cases extremely isolated places. We. Don't really have that, hardly anywhere in the UK is truly isolated. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I literally answered some of your points VK in my original posts. You're really gonna lay a huge blame for Iraq disaster on Biden (a minority vote) not Wolfowitz, Cheney, Condy, Colin Powell or Bush? Orwell also came up with the idea of "Double Think" you know.

The main thrust of my post was the entitled privileged white folks who hate their own lives of mass consumerism so much that they had to find Q et al to give their lives some meaning. Those people are the big problem - so lazy and entitled they have no idea how good they have it. But you conveniently ignore that so you can  continue your own slanted narrative.

Biden held a key committee level leadership post during the build up and we know how he voted.

Are any of those named individuals in a current position of power? War criminals the lot of them.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They've got masses of people living in quite isolated and in some cases extremely isolated places. We. Don't really have that, hardly anywhere in the UK is truly isolated.

The US has 14 cities with over 1m in them (plus another 5 >930,000), versus 1 in the UK. . We’ve struggled to constrain the virus in London and the SE all along. Imagine if we had 3,  4 or 5 major cities? 

Edited by Genie

Â