U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, villakram said:

What a day for democracy,

A new president takes power in front of his loyal following of insiders and corporate sponsors, protected by 25000 armed troops. A pretorian guard of sorts. Meanwhile, approximately none of the 80 million who voted for him turned up. They are currently banned from entering the holy city, for their own protection, of course.

Something, something hunger games. 

Ok. Tell us what you really think for once.

Do you think this month's sedition didn't deserve a response to threats it'd happen again?

Do you think 80m people should have turned up to the inauguration, in spite of a pandemic that killed 2,800 Americans yesterday? About half of the days this month have had more covid deaths in the US than deaths caused by 9/11, but it ain't no thing in your world. 

Full of anger about Biden's corporate sponsors, didn't have a bad word to say about Trump diverting federal funds straight in to his business.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FrenchVillaLova said:

He didn't declare war on any State/engage the US in another conflict. A novelty for a US President. 

Not for lack of trying, as John Bolton and others have stated. 

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

on the side as Bolton, go take a shower.

Laughable, totally nonsensical, really quite idiotic. But I understand, I know this is a bad day for you. Will you join your local militia now? Maybe you can make a friend doing that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Answer a **** response man.

I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Trump spends months spreading bullshit and actively trying to undermine an election - silence, no concern over democracy. The Capitol gets invaded by a load of Trump supporters because of his incendiary rhetoric - no concern over democracy

Inauguration of Biden that had troops guarding it (because of what happened at the Capitol) but no public (because of a worldwide pandemic) - massive concern over democracy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a fair comment that if Trump had had a Speer style light show it would have been condemned.

I mean, Trump was a sick joke, a foul stench of a human.

But if you think CNN is good neutral news, you might be part of the problem.

• Like 1

So, anywhere attacked today?

Obviously Washington had slim to zero chance of a full scale attack but there were whispers of attacks elsewhere. 

Overhyped threat or effective pro active policing nipping it in the bud? 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

So now he has gone, its probably the wrong forum to ask, but, did Trump do anything good while in office? 

A broken clock is right twice a day, so was just wondering if there was anything that could be considered a good decision? 

Possibly the First Step Act  ?

Â