U.S. Politics

maqroll

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup! :D 

Have you read the thread? The guy who wrote the OP is an absolute airplane. He really believe this nonsense.

Haven't read recently but read the Voter Fraud-thread quite frequently some weeks after the election.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Haven't read recently but read the Voter Fraud-thread quite frequently some weeks after the election.

Check this one out, it's pretty out there even for Flashback. It's called "Imorgon kommer militären i D.C gripa alla som förått USA..Trump har vunnit" and it's on the top page.

58 minutes ago, sne said:

Then again I just read a thread on a Swedish forum where some dude was certain that the military that is deployed in Washington is actually there to round up the enemies of Trump as traitors and put them all in jail. It's called Operation Storm apparently :D So you never know...

Looking at most of the MAGA and Proud Boys I've seen, they should call it Operation Dessert Storm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Up to 20k troops in and around DC... to protect who from whom I wonder.

Imagine the reporting if Xi or Putin deployed the military in such a manner to protect their inauguration.  Strange times.

Bearing in mind most civil occasions in Russia and China are celebrated by huge military parades I would think they would probably have a bit of a giggle at a mere 20,000 troops to be honest with you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Check this one out, it's pretty out there even for Flashback. It's called "Imorgon kommer militären i D.C gripa alla som förått USA..Trump har vunnit" and it's on the top page.

Amazing stuff. They have changed their story about what is going to happen so many times but this one is really out there.

• Haha 1

What do you do though? If you live in the U.S. and you want to do the right thing, I guess you’ve almost got to ignore the national and state politics and just do your own thing and live some sort of life of example.

330 million people and a two party state with both parties owned by monied backers.

As a model of democracy, at that macro level its not great is it.

So I guess you almost have to just go down to the micro level and try to influence the people you personally come in to contact with.

• Like 3

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55709261

What is Biden planning to do?

A briefing note seen by Canadian and US media says Mr Biden will sign an executive order revoking the permit for Keystone XL on Inauguration Day - 20 January.

He will also return the US to the Paris climate agreement - a global pact on cutting carbon emissions - reversing another decision by Mr Trump, who took the US out of the accord on 4 November last year.

@maqroll you must be happy bud?

So today is the day of truth re Trump's pardons. Media reports seem to be suggesting that he *won't* be pardoning himself or his associates, but *will* be pardoning Lil Wayne. However, I haven't seen any reports addressing his likelihood of pardoning rioters, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Doubtless there will be some grizzly pardons among the bunch.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

So today is the day of truth re Trump's pardons. Media reports seem to be suggesting that he *won't* be pardoning himself or his associates, but *will* be pardoning Lil Wayne. However, I haven't seen any reports addressing his likelihood of pardoning rioters, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Doubtless there will be some grizzly pardons among the bunch.

Justice for Joe Exotic.

• Haha 3

Â