U.S. Politics

maqroll

44 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The Intercept. 

What a great write, excellent spelling all the way through. It is missing an important detail, no. I am sure that this was accidental, just like the platform CNN gave him in recent days. Sans Greenwald and fired Poitras, it's turning into a propaganda outlet.

"Sullivan is also facing charges of rioting and criminal mischief in connection with an ongoing case about a June 30 protest in Provo where a truck driver was shot."

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/01/14/utah-activists-who-was-us/

Edited by villakram

I find the whole discussion about if so and so if a leftie or a rightie during a riot quite silly to be honest.

There is a whole raft of people in society who will attend every protest under the sun as long as they think there is a bit of trouble to be stirred and a good opportunity to set the mob on police and whatever authority figure is in the way. Professional agitators who will attach themselves to whatever cause it is as they have no actual interest in the cause, just in causing trouble. 

So I would absolutely expect there to be a number of people who were at the BLM protests AND at Trump rallies. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I find the whole discussion about if so and so if a leftie or a rightie during a riot quite silly to be honest.

There is a whole raft of people in society who will attend every protest under the sun as long as they think there is a bit of trouble to be stirred and a good opportunity to set the mob on police and whatever authority figure is in the way. Professional agitators who will attach themselves to whatever cause it is as they have no actual interest in the cause, just in causing trouble. 

So I would absolutely expect there to be a number of people who were at the BLM protests AND at Trump rallies. 

Many many years ago I was briefly skirting around the hunt sabbies.

It was clear straight away that some people were there for that specific cause, some just supported any left wing cause, some were there for the buzz, and some were there in the hope of a fight or some mischief. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like the opposite of a "crisis actor"?

Ohn things got interesting with Jacob Chansley. A new document was filed today, asking that he not be released from custody because a) he's a flight risk b) he intends to return for the inauguration c) he's a menatilst and on and on but that's not it. It's this bit...

Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States Government. Chansley left a note on the Senate Chamber dais, where Vice President Mike Pence had been presiding over the session just minutes before,warning “it's only a matter of time, justice is coming.”

Chansley Detention memo

First time I've seen that put out from an official source

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

His arrest warrant makes for amusing reading

Bearing in mind you get the impression that Sullivan thinks he's doing the Feds a favour by giving them this footage voluntarily, he's one dumbass

He seems like he's probably quite mentally ill.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

The Intercept. 

What a great write, excellent spelling all the way through. It is missing an important detail, no. I am sure that this was accidental, just like the platform CNN gave him in recent days. Sans Greenwald and fired Poitras, it's turning into a propaganda outlet.

"Sullivan is also facing charges of rioting and criminal mischief in connection with an ongoing case about a June 30 protest in Provo where a truck driver was shot."

I'm not sure why you think that he may be charged with an offence relating to a previous riot in Provo Utah would change any of the story in the Intercept article, quite frankly it's an irrelevance to what they were saying about him, it would be a footnote. I'm also unsure why you think this relevant but minor point turns the article into propaganda. They clearly say he organised the event and that a Truck driver was killed, whether he may or may not be charged with an offence in relation to that doesn't seem that major an ommission as from what has been said, it doesn't seem that he was responsible for that murder

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

He seems like he's probably quite mentally ill.

Oh I completely agree, there's definitely some sandwiches missing from the picnic hamper. You read what has been said about him, especially in that Intercept article and read the transcript of the interview and he's definitely coming across as someone who isn't quite all there

It's also like he'll infiltrate either side because he's actually an anarchist who doesn't really care what the cause is as long as chaos ensues. Giving a megaphone to a Proud Boy on BLM protest that he organised kinda sums all that up

• Like 1

Donny Jr in trouble now

Donald Trump Jr. wanted for questioning by DC attorney general on $1M overpayment to Trump hotel

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump Jr. was asked by the attorney general’s office in the District of Columbia to sit down for questioning in relation to a lawsuit claiming President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee illegally overpaid for events at a Washington hotel owned by his family business.

D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine sent a formal deposition request to Donald Trump Jr., spokesman David Mayorga said Thursday.

Racine’s office sued in January 2020, claiming that Trump’s inaugural committee made an unjustified payment of more than $1 million to the Trump hotel for events from Jan. 17, 2017, to Jan. 20, 2017, after failing to consider less expensive alternatives.

The Oregonian

Shouldn't let the big current story bury this, the story has been ongoing for a year but this bit today is new

Hunter Biden Burisma Report

It's 87 pages so I'll just paste the conclusion.

XII. CONCLUSION.

As the Chairmen’s report details, Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board negatively impacted the efforts of dedicated career-service individuals who were fighting to push for anticorruption measures in Ukraine. Because the vice president’s son had a direct link to a corrupt company and its owner, State Department officials were required to maintain situational awareness of Hunter Biden’s association with Burisma. Unfortunately, U.S. officials had no other choice but to endure the “awkward[ness]” of continuing to push an anticorruption agenda in Ukraine while the vice president’s son sat on the board of a Ukrainian company with a corrupt owner. As George Kent testified, he “would have advised any American not to get on the board of Zlochevsky’s company.” 429 Yet, even though Hunter Biden’s position on Burisma’s board cast a shadow over the work of those advancing anticorruption reforms in Ukraine, the Committees are only aware of two individuals who raised concerns to their superiors. Despite the efforts of these individuals, their concerns appear to have fallen on deaf ears. Former Secretary Kerry’s December 2019 denial of having any knowledge about Hunter Biden or Burisma is inconsistent with the evidence uncovered by the Committees. Kerry was briefed about Hunter Biden, Burisma and Christopher Heinz the day after Burisma announced Hunter Biden joined its board. Additionally, Secretary Kerry’s senior advisor sent him press clips and articles relating to Hunter Biden’s board membership. This appears to be yet another example of high-ranking Obama administration officials blatantly ignoring Hunter Biden’s association with Burisma. Several witnesses highlighted efforts to enable a successful investigation of Zlochevsky, and also noted that the U.S. decision to condition a $1 billion loan guarantee was made in part because of the then-Ukrainian prosecutor general’s failure to pursue a case against Zlochevsky. But at the end of the day, between 2014 through 2017, despite the concerted effort of many U.S. officials, not one of the three different Ukrainian prosecutor generals held Zlochevsky accountable. The Obama administration and the Democrat lobby shop Blue Star Strategies had consistent and extensive contact with Andrii Telizhenko over a period of years. Yet despite these well-documented contacts with Democratic officials, Democrats have attempted to impugn this investigation for having received some Blue Star-related records from Telizhenko. Some Democrats have even (incorrectly) identified Telizhenko as the Committees’ “star witness.”430 Although he produced a small number of Blue Star-related records to the Committees, the Committees never interviewed him as part of this investigation.431

429 George Kent Testimony at 110. 430Ranking Member Ron Wyden, Wyden Takes to Senate Floor to Address Russian Disinformation in Flawed Congressional Investigation, 2020 Election (Sept. 16, 2020), https://www.finance.senate.gov/wyden-takes-to-senate-floor-to-address-russiandisinformation-in-flawed-congressional-investigation-2020-election. 431 The Committees received a small number of records from Telizhenko related to his communications with and subsequent work for Blue Star Strategies. Ranking Member Peters and Ranking Member Wyden have access to these records but have refused to receive or review them. Had they done so, they would have observed that the State Department, National Archives, and Blue Star Strategies (after it received a subpoena) produced most of the same records to the Committees. They also would have noticed the emails and text messages that Blue Star failed to produce to the Committees.

87 Even though almost all of the Committees’ records are from U.S. agencies and U.S. officials or persons, Democrats have repeatedly misconstrued the facts of this investigation and have smeared it as a Russian disinformation campaign. In doing so, they conveniently have ignored their own long history of meeting with Telizhenko and his yearlong work for a Democrat lobby shop. If Democrats are concerned that Telizhenko presents any risk of advancing disinformation, it is notable that the Ranking Members have not expressed any curiosity about his work with the Obama administration or Blue Star Strategies. The records acquired by the Committees also show that Hunter Biden and his family were involved in a vast financial network that connected them to foreign nationals and foreign governments across the globe. Hunter Biden and Devon Archer, in particular, formed significant and consistent financial relationships with the corrupt oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky during their time working for Burisma, and their firms made millions of dollars from that association while Joe Biden was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy. Rosemont Seneca Thornton, an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden, received $3.5 million in a wire transfer from Elena Baturina, who allegedly received illegal construction contracts from her husband, the then-mayor of Moscow. Moreover, Archer’s apparent receipt of money for a car from Kenges Rakishev of Kazakhstan while Vice President Biden was in Kyiv is especially concerning in light of the timing. And finally, Biden and Archer’s work with Chinese nationals connected to the Communist regime illustrate the deep financial connections that accelerated while Joe Biden was vice president and continued after he left office. The Chairmen’s investigation has faced many obstacles from the minority and from executive agencies that have failed to comply with document requests. Accordingly, there remains much work to be done.

On 09/01/2021 at 03:10, TheAuthority said:

I asked you if you wanted to ban guns for the general public and you said "stop being silly." For me, that is not silly.

Then you tell me I know I am silly?!?!?!

I believe we should get all guns out of peoples hands. If militias et al. refuse. Arrest them. I don't care about Waco happening again. Go in and shut these right wing idiotic militias down. They don't want to live with the majority of society great! go and live in the woods - you just can't have guns and automatic weapons to come into our communities and kill our loved ones. And half nut jobs who want an arsenal at home can't have it. Sorry - no guns at Walmart anymore.

Why should my family risk being shot by some idiot? I'm deadly serious - not being silly. Australia did it after a mass shooting. That "my right, Amurica freedom is total bullshit." Get the weapons out of the hands of the idiots. Thats not stupid or silly - thats sensible.

It's a very serious issue to me. My son. will go to school soon in a state that has had 3 of the worst mass school shootings in history. Should I teach him how to shoot and cary a weapon at 4 years old?

On 09/01/2021 at 03:28, Brumerican said:

I wouldn't worry so much. It's mostly spontaneous Karate riots that break out these days.

Psychics GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villakram said:

The Intercept. 

Am i missing something? The Intercept article mentions he's facing charges in Utah, and links to another article that covers that in more detail.

• Like 1

Jennifer Ryan, not missing a marketing opportunity here:

'Open source searches also uncovered a now-deleted Facebook live video taken by RYAN as she entered the Capitol building via the Rotunda entrance. The video was captured prior to deletion and reposted to YouTube for public viewing. The video shows RYAN in a large crowd attempting to walk through the entrance to the Capitol, which had visibly broken windows at the time. At the beginning of the live video, RYAN is heard stating, “we are going to f---ing go in here. Life or death, it doesn’t matter. Here we go,” as she approaches the top of the stairs in front of the columns immediately in front of the doors on the West side of the U.S. Capitol building. RYAN then turned on her rear facing camera--exposing her face-- and stated, “y’all know who to hire for your realtor. Jenna Ryan for your realtor.'

more on link: https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2191/f/Jennifer Ryan Statement of Facts.pdf

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jennifer Ryan, not missing a marketing opportunity here:

'Open source searches also uncovered a now-deleted Facebook live video taken by RYAN as she entered the Capitol building via the Rotunda entrance. The video was captured prior to deletion and reposted to YouTube for public viewing. The video shows RYAN in a large crowd attempting to walk through the entrance to the Capitol, which had visibly broken windows at the time. At the beginning of the live video, RYAN is heard stating, “we are going to f---ing go in here. Life or death, it doesn’t matter. Here we go,” as she approaches the top of the stairs in front of the columns immediately in front of the doors on the West side of the U.S. Capitol building. RYAN then turned on her rear facing camera--exposing her face-- and stated, “y’all know who to hire for your realtor. Jenna Ryan for your realtor.'

more on link: https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2191/f/Jennifer Ryan Statement of Facts.pdf

Most of MAGA began life in the the realtor game .

Best Modern Family Quotes GIFs | Gfycat

Â