U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The key thing about that video is that it demonstrates very clearly how he gets his information from two sources only: firstly, cable TV, especially Fox and OANN, which try as much as possible to put a positive spin on things and divert the conversation into culture war trivia, and secondly, from aides who are preparing him simple, sunny charts focusing on the positive and being as easy to comprehend as possible. To what extent they are doing that because of his stupidity, his (literal) short-sightedness, his dementia, or his chronic lack of curiosity is less important than the fact that he's a fool being told that all is well outside the palace walls.

That’s what I see as well. He lives in a bubble and is probably quite genuine when he can’t understand why he gets a hard time. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

That’s what I see as well. He lives in a bubble and is probably quite genuine when he can’t understand why he gets a hard time. 

Read a comment from  a White House aide a while back that, unless he is personally mentioned in any White House briefings, he simply doesn’t read them. He has the attention span of a 3 year old.

Edited by meregreen

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I watched the four part Channel 4 doc on him and in his younger years, while equally as odious, he did seem to be a lot more coherent and able to actually argue and make points.

Even if you go back and watch his performances during the GOP debates in 2015, the difference between then and now really is startling. He hasn't just 'lost a step', it's like a different person.

SWAN: How do you think history will remember John Lewis?

TRUMP: I don't know. I really don't know. I don't know. I don't know John Lewis. He chose not to come to my inauguration. He chose—I never met John Lewis, actually, I don't believe.

SWAN: Do you find him impressive?

TRUMP: Uh, I can't say one way or another. I find a lot of people impressive, I find a lot of people not impressive...He didn't come to my inauguration, he didn't come to my State of the Union speeches, and that's OK, that's his right. And again, nobody has done more for Black Americans than I have. He should have come. I think he made a big mistake—

SWAN: But taking your relationship with him out of it. Do you find his story impressive, what he's done for this country?

TRUMP: He was a person who devoted a lot of energy and a lot of heart to civil rights. But there were many others also.

• Confused 1

I keep just finding more and more favourite extracts.

TRUMP:  WE'RE TESTING SO MUCH BECAUSE WE HAD THE ABILITY TO TEST --
SWAN: OKAY, BUT --
TRUMP: BECAUSE WE CAME UP WITH TESTS
SWAN: BUT SOUTH KOREA --
TRUMP: JONATHAN, WE WEREN'T EVEN, WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A TEST. WHEN I TOOK OVER, WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A TEST. NOW, IN ALL FAIRNESS --
SWAN: WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A TEST?
TRUMP: THERE WAS NO TEST FOR THIS --
SWAN: THE VIRUS DIDN'T EXIST. HOW WOULD YOU --
TRUMP: EXCUSE ME.
SWAN: HAVE A TEST?
TRUMP: I WAS GOING TO SAY. OKAY. THERE WAS NO TEST FOR THIS NEW. WE DIDN'T HAVE A TEST. BECAUSE THERE WASN'T A TEST
SWAN: OF COURSE.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 31/07/2020 at 22:17, Genie said:

Could you imagine if she tried to leave him? He isn’t going to say it’s ok if that’s what she wants. She could be trapped with him because of what he could do if he wanted.

I reckon soon after he loses the next election, she will be gone. far far away 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2020 at 04:30, TheAuthority said:

I have zero sympathy for her. She's as shallow and as much of a scumbag as her husband. She has the same values as him which is why she chose to marry him.

F*ck her and that disgusting family. She's an absolute abolition as a role model for young women. She's an enabler of masculine toxicity and a selfish, self-obsessed bimbo who thinks she has something to say. The truth is she's a moron with a lust for money and no other redeeming qualities. I wouldn't get off my couch to piss on her if she was on fire next to the TV.

You can apply my same sentiments to Ivanka.

Dont get sitting on the fence, say what you really mean :)

• Haha 1

Couple of interesting primary results last night, but the most important was probably that Medicaid expansion passed in Missouri under a ballot initiative. Overnight, 200,000+ more people have access to healthcare than did so before in this fairly Republican state, and this follows not long from the same happening in Oklahoma as well.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

OMG watching these clips and reading the reports. I cant see how the guy remains in power. I am not a part of it and dont live in USA so maybe do not have all the facts and only see one side, I watch from the other side of the pond.

IMO Obama is an amazing man, so articulate when talking, certainly thought before he asked or answered, seems to be a caring person for all societies and nations and I thought he was liked by many. Am I so wrong How can trump undo all his policies etc and still spout stuff that is laughed at and ridiculed. Is everyone scared to death of him or does he have good points 

You should never argue politics or religion.

But I am genuinely interested, Does he have good points ?,  is he doing a good job in other areas I would like to hear from some one who supports his side and why they voted for him ?

Â