U.S. Politics

maqroll

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

Joe Biden was one of the prime movers behind the 1994 crime bill, and numerous crime bills in the 80s. That he is considered as salvation is some form of weird sense of humor.

I don’t think the change in odds is a result of any kind of new found love for Biden. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And if you were looking for a measurable achievement from black lives matter and even some kind of step towards ending racism that statue is a good example 

living in Germany I don’t walk down Rudolph Hess Strasse past the Goering statue on my way to Himmler High

Great Post. Sums up a lot about why this is a repetitive cycle in America. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Great Post. Sums up a lot about why this is a repetitive cycle in America. 

I did look it up, there’s 109 schools in 15 states that bear the name of a confederate general, looked at statues and road names and parks and public spaces etc...there’s too many of them to start counting, Alabama alone has 107 public spaces with a confederate monument 

the state flag of Arkansas still has confederate stars on it 

12 states have a confederate Memorial Day, Texas and Florida call it confederate heroes day, you get a day off work to remember those who went to war to keep slavery (I appreciate the simplicity of that - keep the “southern way of life”)

thats madness 

• Like 1

what was the guy at the end arrested for?

and I watched that on the rueters website following the link, the video rolled on to a news report from Vegas about 5 cops being shot and a guy being shot by police after he turned up outside a government building with a couple of guns and wearing body armour

Edited by villa4europe

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If trump gets voted out he will need to go into hiding the rest of his life. I'm surprised they have not started on his buildings.

If Trumploses the election, he will be arrested. The statute of limitations hasn't run out on all his crimes by the time he leaves office

12 hours ago, villakram said:

Joe Biden was one of the prime movers behind the 1994 crime bill, and numerous crime bills in the 80s. That he is considered as salvation is some form of weird sense of humor.

I don’t think he is. I think a lot of people realise he’s not a particularly good candidate. 

But he’s not Trump. And that means a lot. I imagine a dog in a suit would be getting a lot of support if it was the Democrats’ nomination

Less than a month ago a bunch of heavily armed men 'protested' inside government buildings because of the lockdown. They were left alone.

Now we've seen entirely unthreatening purple getting beaten, arrested, fired on. A bloke on his knees begging for dialogue picked up and arrested. Elderly people pushed to the ground. Journalists fired on. People taking tear gas cannisters to the face from point blank range.

...I wonder what the difference is?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think he is. I think a lot of people realise he’s not a particularly good candidate. 

But he’s not Trump. And that means a lot. I imagine a dog in a suit would be getting a lot of support if it was the Democrats’ nomination

As ridiculous as it sounds I'd have given The Rock more chance of beating Trump when there were rumours he wanted to run for the Democrats.  It's a weird era of the cult of personality you don't normally get in democracies.

Police behaviour has long term consequences as to how large swathes of the public will view them. In the areas of Britain that were formerly the heartlands of the coal mining industry, to this day, the memories of the thuggery that Thatchers police did, is still an open sore. The damage being done by some officers to their status in America will possibly take decades to repair. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If Trumploses the election, he will be arrested. The statute of limitations hasn't run out on all his crimes by the time he leaves office

In 2008, when Bush lost, and people left his administration, there were people guilty of a wide range of actionable crimes, including authorising torture techniques and implementing secret warrantless wiretapping. Nobody got prosecuted, and there is no reason to think that anybody from the Trump administration will be prosecuted either, and certainly not the man himself. Biden - who is, after all, no radical - will conclude that for the benefit of 'healing', 'the country needs to move on' and absolutely nothing will happen to Trump.

• Like 3

Worst thing that will happen to Trump if he loses is that he might get banned from Twitter.

Granted that will sting more than a little for him.

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

As ridiculous as it sounds I'd have given The Rock more chance of beating Trump when there were rumours he wanted to run for the Democrats.  It's a weird era of the cult of personality you don't normally get in democracies.

I thought The Rock was republican?

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Worst thing that will happen to Trump if he loses is that he might get banned from Twitter.

Granted that will sting more than a little for him.

Saw a few days ago; there's an account who just tweeted exactly what Trump posted.

Suspended him

Found it now

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â