U.S. Politics

maqroll

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You mean like Trump was by all media except Fox?

Sure. But I get the impression that the typical Trump voter got his fix from Fox and the National Enquirer, rather than CNN and the Washington Post. 

The youth vote is a good point though. 

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Musk and the Disney chap have quit their governmental advisory positions.

I'd give Musk credit, but it doesn't half look like he was prepared to hang on until Trump did something that may have an effect on Tesla.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xann said:

California, New York and Washington have stuck two fingers up at the prick and formed the United States Climate Alliance.

So individual states are free to choose for themselves.

Seems like a fairer solution to me.

11 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So individual states are free to choose for themselves.

Seems like a fairer solution to me.

Why, have you secured an agreement from greenhouse gases to stay within state lines?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

For the voters in the individual states. 

Ah so the poorer red states can die quicker and the richer blue states can live longer?

I like that idea! (tongue firmly in cheek)

In other news, the vice President states Climate change is "a paramount issue for the left"

And you have to laugh:

Several business leaders including the heads of Shell and BP as well as former Exxon Mobil CEO and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson all urged Mr Trump to stay in the Paris Agreement. 

Batshit insane. The American right make our right look like luvvies.

He currently has one of his stooges, Scott Pruitt, Head of the EPA defending the decision at the White House daily press conference.

His arrogance and hypocrisy is flabbergasting. Orwellian double-think is the only way to describe it.

theres already a huge action underway by a growing list of states, universities, and businesses who are negotiating with the UN to stay in the agreement. this is the side of America that I love- organized, sane and capable. i think the world can survive 4 years of trump. i'm just sorry it came to this.

• Like 2

Â