U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just listening to Trump's speech at NATO right now. Uses Manchester bombing to attack immigration, (when he said "beautiful little girls", it was creepy as hell)  then went on about other countries owing money to NATO, like he doesn't understand how NATO works. The faces of all the other leaders were just completely incredulous. 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's funny because I was just watching this yesterday

He was bring a grade A a-hole then too. Could it be there same reporter?

That was Paul Lewis. I guess he was the 'last guy who came here' that was referred to in the recording.

I watched that video, too. I was rather taken aback when the bloke told him that he 'didn't look British' at one of the guy's rallies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

The US pays the bills for NATO and provides the muscle. Ya, Trump is the idiot here.

Turkey for example doesn't meet the 2% criteria, yet has the second biggest deplorable military in NATO by far.

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Turkey for example doesn't meet the 2% criteria, yet has the second biggest deplorable military in NATO by far.

Not my problem as I didn't sign an agreement promising to spend 2% of GDP on offence... and deployable troops are an interesting concept until you actually have to deploy them, e.g., Iraq. Who knows what condition the Turkish military is actually in now after the coup attempt.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's comical how much of a cartoon villain asshole he is

In his attempt to appear statesmanlike, he fails spectacularly, but succeeds in confirming the Ugly American stereotype.

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Expanded on the previous page's image...

DAnsUfAXUAIWcXm.jpg

As funny as it is, I feel sorry for the Pope being in this photo. He's the only one that's wholly innocent.

Â