U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Similar to what?

Trump slagging off Khan, because he said now wasn't a time for Londoners to be alarmed, and his "political correctness". Trump does seem to continuously single our Sadiq Khan personally for criticism, but not other British politicians.

Edit: Khan said they shouldn't be alarmed when seeing more armed police on the streets. 

Edited by jon_c

Donald Trump keeps insulting us and we'll keep coming back for more. 

Theresa May should come out publically denounce Donald Trump's Twitter statement about Sadiq Khan.

That's no way to conduct diplomacy or an administration. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jon_c said:

Trump slagging off Khan, because he said now wasn't a time for Londoners to be alarmed, and his "political correctness". Trump does seem to continuously single our Sadiq Khan personally for criticism, but not other British politicians.

Edit: Khan said they shouldn't be alarmed when seeing more armed police on the streets. 

Thanks for the clarification. That was what I thought you meant, which was what I wanted to make clear, ie that Trump's tweet was totally misleading and out of context. What Khan actually said was completely normal boilerplate for this situation. As you say, Trump singles Khan out for criticism, not because he has any substantive point to make, but because Khan represents something Trump truly cannot stand. 

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Donald Trump keeps insulting us and we'll keep coming back for more. 

Theresa May should come out publically denounce Donald Trump's Twitter statement about Sadiq Khan.

That's no way to conduct diplomacy or an administration. 

It's a total disgrace, and it further trashes our relationship. A simple message of solidarity would suffice, but not with Donny Boy. Let's hope James Comey drops some bombs on Thursday so we can speed up Trump's removal.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It's a total disgrace, and it further trashes our relationship. A simple message of solidarity would suffice, but not with Donny Boy. 

Meanwhile the State Department  walks behind the skip-licker with a poop-a-scoop: 

• Like 1

I believe Mr. Khan may have made a comment or two during the presidential campaign. Trump is many things, but forgetful when it comes to personal slights (perceived or otherwise) is not one of them. Can't see how this surprises anyone by now.

40 minutes ago, villakram said:

I believe Mr. Khan may have made a comment or two during the presidential campaign. Trump is many things, but forgetful when it comes to personal slights (perceived or otherwise) is not one of them. Can't see how this surprises anyone by now.

Who do you think has indicated surprise?

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Who do you think has indicated surprise?

It's the constant huge headlines every-time, and then the race to condemn and be seen to condemn... I know it's how (social)media works but seriously: Trump calls XX who said YY about him "something not nice", wow - unprecedented (in the past 24hrs). 

Attacking the mayor of one of your aliies' capital city the day after a terrorist attack is pretty unprecedented, even for Trump.

(awkward phrasing but you get the idea)

Edited by StefanAVFC

So the FT is now floating a story stating that Qatar paid off AQ affiliated militias in Syria and Iran/Iranian militias in Iraq to the tune of $1B and that is why the Saudi government is so pissed. These were separate deals but are being floated as a joint thing. Just like that time Saddam was allied with AQ I guess.

Neo-cons are to cockroaches as cockroaches are to fruitflies! 

12 hours ago, villakram said:

So the FT is now floating a story stating that Qatar paid off AQ affiliated militias in Syria and Iran/Iranian militias in Iraq to the tune of $1B and that is why the Saudi government is so pissed. These were separate deals but are being floated as a joint thing. Just like that time Saddam was allied with AQ I guess.

Neo-cons are to cockroaches as cockroaches are to fruitflies! 

Are the Saudis doing the classic Trumpism of loudly accusing someone else of stuff that your doing in an attempt to deflect?

• Like 1

it's only today that I have found out that Donald Trump named his son....Donald Trump

if it carries on like this I can see me losing some of my respect for this President

• Like 1

Â