U.S. Politics

maqroll

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Because if Climate Change happens it's because God made it so.

I don't believe that rapture nonsense is the main motivator. There's a pigheadedness, tribalism, a '**** you and your modern ways' about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coda said:

Why is this climate denial so popular with bible bashers?

Because climate change as a result of man as a consequence of our actions is bit problematic for those who think a sky fairy got all Craig David an knock out the world before chilling on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coda said:

Why is this climate denial so popular with bible bashers?

Because the god squad self-select for a lack of interest in scientific evidence in favour of an asinine belief that everything will be alright.

I can't get my head around otherwise rational people thinking a giant man in the sky created everything in the universe in 6 days.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

theres already a huge action underway by a growing list of states, universities, and businesses who are negotiating with the UN to stay in the agreement. this is the side of America that I love- organized, sane and capable. i think the world can survive 4 years of trump. i'm just sorry it came to this.

Won't happen with the Uni sector (if what you mean is directly working against Trump) as they are way too dependent on federal research dollars, which are all to easily threatened. Bush played this game, so they all know the rules unfortunately. Now, I don't see Trump stoping independent organizations acting as they please. Really interesting times.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ah so the poorer red states can die quicker and the richer blue states can live longer?

I like that idea! (tongue firmly in cheek)

Well, life expectancy in the US has dropped in recent years. Now were one to analyze the data, one would see that the poorer you are the lower your life expectancy. Actually, it's really just the life expectancy of the poor that has dropped. Not done by Trump btw, both sides of the aisle are neck deep in blood on this.

• Like 1

Just now, villakram said:

Well, life expectancy in the US has dropped in recent years. Now were one to analyze the data, one would see that the poorer you are the lower your life expectancy. Actually, it's really just the life expectancy of the poor that has dropped. Not done by Trump btw, both sides of the aisle are neck deep in blood on this.

I was making the point that these red states that consistently vote Republican are often the ones who need the most help from the government.

On 6/2/2017 at 16:58, StefanAVFC said:

I was making the point that these red states that consistently vote Republican are often the ones who need the most help from the government.

Ya, I know... I was basically agreeing with you and providing what I consider to be horrific detail.

On 6/2/2017 at 20:57, villakram said:

White Americans in their 50's are dropping dead at an astounding rate due to poor health, drugs/alcohol and suicide. It's pretty hopeless out there.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-2 at 22:57, NurembergVillan said:

If he's God, why did it take him so long?

Because I wasn't on that particular job with him ;)

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I wonder if the mayor of London wasn't a muslim, would he be getting attacked by Trump?

Did Andy Burnham say anything similar over Manchester? Because if so, there's your answer. 

Â