U.S. Politics

maqroll

So glad I'm not an American...... 

That's not having a go at the people themselves, I'm sure there  are some good ones. 

But as a country you are the laughing  stock of the world bar maybe the DPRK

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So glad I'm not an American...... 

That's not having a go at the people themselves, I'm sure there  are some good ones. 

But as a country you are the laughing  stock of the world bar maybe the DPRK

It's terrible. I became a citizen so I could vote in the last election. Everyone I know is just hoping that the Justice department and the intelligence community have enough on them to bring this administration to a halt as soon as possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I don't think the US is formally legally signed on, as I if I remember correctly, Obama had to engage in executive shenanigans to get it past the luddite Republican congress. Hence, Trump can now play that same game. 

I don't think this will matter a great deal as world events will bypass this decision. Those investing in large fossil fuel projects are playing with fire as any year now the last hugely profitable venture will begin... if that hasn't happened already (e.g., the Aramco IPO). It's such an awful look for the US though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

It's terrible. I became a citizen so I could vote in the last election. Everyone I know is just hoping that the Justice department and the intelligence community have enough on them to bring this administration to a halt as soon as possible.

Yes his idiocy is stretching far and wide. Seriously thinking of selling all my shares cos this lunatic could destroy the market in one dumbass moment. 

I feel sorry for all the Americans who didn't vote for him.

Yes your only hope is that he destroys himself before he destroys the whole country. 

• Like 1

He can't be a healthy man. Physically I mean. The mental side is there to see for everyone.

Many a golf course has seen a heart attack.

Just a shame the word removed behind him is as bad and more competent.

13 minutes ago, villakram said:

I don't think the US is formally legally signed on...

I think they ratified it, didn't they?

Whether congress would pass the policies to see them comply is a different matter, surely?

Edit: I agree that it's not a good look - I'd also say that 'look' might apply to any and all international treaties and obligations. ;)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

My mate just told me to watch the pope and Trump on YouTube cos Trump tries to hold his hand. I thought he was joking, 

Totally. What. The. %$#@ was that. The guy is a total flipping nutbag.

This reign on power is going to end badly, only question is how badly. 

It won't make any difference because endorsing anthropogenic climate-change is now part of the liberal catechism.

Every single one of last night's debaters, except Paul Nuttall, trotted out the script, which proves it is an entrenched "truth".

As such, consumers are primed to accept the extra costs and capitalism is gearing up to supply the kit.

There will be some small businesses who have been enjoying the subsidies by flogging the boondoggles and they will be hurt but the renewables project will go forward.

Tesla shares are over-priced which represents the belief in the viability of the product rather than the value of the company and BMW are claiming that all their models will be electric by 2025, so the public have internalised the message.

Trump's decision may be very bad news for the Green lobby business, and it is a business, but movement towards alternatives to fossil fuels looks unstoppable right now.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

I think they ratified it, didn't they?

Whether congress would pass the policies to see them comply is a different matter, surely?

Edit: I agree that it's not a good look - I'd also say that 'look' might apply to any and all international treaties and obligations. ;)

All treaties require ratification by congress. My understanding is that Obama, knowing this was impossible, instead defined it as let's say "an agreement", which is most definitely not a treaty, pinky swear. He then went about laying the ground work for implementation via the EPA, and various executive orders with the understanding that the next democratic president would be able to protect and entrench these decisions. Thus creating a reality that congress could do feck all about. As with healthcare... whoops :(

Edited by villakram

25 minutes ago, villakram said:

All treaties require ratification by congress. My understanding is that Obama, knowing this was impossible, instead defined it as let's say "an agreement", which is most definitely not a treaty, pinky swear. He then went about laying the ground work for implementation via the EPA, and various executive orders with the understanding that the next democratic president would be able to protect and entrench these decisions. Thus creating a reality that congress could do feck all about. As with healthcare... whoops :(

Imagine being surrounded by, and reliant upon, the type of people who made that course of action a necessity.  Absolutely bonkers.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, villakram said:

All treaties require ratification by congress...

Righto. Showing up my lack of knowledge about the internal workings of the US. All ratifications (by the Pres) require ratification by both the Senate and the House, then?

Blimey, doing a deal with the US sounds like a very time-consuming and complicated business. Coming to an agreement on an FTA sounds like it may not be that easy. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Righto. Showing up my lack of knowledge about the internal workings of the US. All ratifications (by the Pres) require ratification by both the Senate and the House, then?

Blimey, doing a deal with the US sounds like a very time-consuming and complicated business. Coming to an agreement on an FTA sounds like it may not be that easy. ;)

As long as it contains plenty of freedom and trickle down, it'll pass easy and that May-Trump signing ceremony will be one for the ages.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Every single one of last night's debaters, except Paul Nuttall, trotted out the script, which proves it is an entrenched "truth".

Still, at least you and a certifiable moron in Paul Nuttal are here to give us sheeple the truth with your wealth of experience in the field, right?

• Like 1

Â