U.S. Politics

maqroll

He was in the Louis Theroux docum

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he is the one I was thinking about from the Louis Theroux documentary.

The weirdest thing about these people for me is that they're largely idiots operating out of their garages in a massive country - and yet they seem to very quickly be able to become a very loud voice or to actually matter on the political landscape - it's bonkers.

He was one of the characters in Theroux’s Forbidden America documentary. He has a radio show and was arranging a rival Republican conference for the more extreme Republicans in the episode he featured in.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

error-cant.gif

Kanye is a tool for him. He can use Kanye's clout to amplify himself, and use him as a shield against the accusations of white supremacism. Which he is. He's careful how he say things but he hates everyone but white people.

He's also a massive religious zealot. Hardcore Catholic.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he is the one I was thinking about from the Louis Theroux documentary.

The weirdest thing about these people for me is that they're largely idiots operating out of their garages in a massive country - and yet they seem to very quickly be able to become a very loud voice or to actually matter on the political landscape - it's bonkers.

Maybe it's the case that they find fame and notoriety because the media insist on giving them exposure, by parading them as an example of an extremist?

The oxygen of publicity and all that!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Maybe it's the case that they find fame and notoriety because the media insist on giving them exposure, by parading them as an example of an extremist?

The oxygen of publicity and all that!

They don’t need “The Media” Unless of course you include the internet itself as part of the media.

12 hours ago, bickster said:

They don’t need “The Media” Unless of course you include the internet itself as part of the media.

Now that Godwin's law has been rendered moot by the overuse of a certain accusation, I think the MSM needs to take notice before the individual is granted sufficient notoriety.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

So Trump has called for the US Constitution to be ripped up because he was conned out of the election? 

I actually think he's gone insane. 

even Seb Gorka, one the highest and public of pro-Trump isn’t impressed or buying this, based on anything that’s been revealed so far.

On 04/12/2022 at 13:57, sidcow said:

So Trump has called for the US Constitution to be ripped up because he was conned out of the election? 

I actually think he's gone insane. 

Gone insane?
Think that ship sailed many a moon ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I suppose the important question is whether the result of the election would have been any different if the public had known about the content of Hunter's laptop.

That's even if it actually was his laptop. 

Some how he drops it in to a MAGA lunatic who has access to Rudy Gulliani. 

I suppose the important question is whether the result of the election would have been any different if the public had known about the content of Hunter's laptop.

I'm not sure 99% of the US electorate know to this day what the actual content of the hard drive was.

I still come back to the point that Hunter wasn’t running in the election anyway so does it even matter. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure 99% of the US electorate know to this day what the actual content of the hard drive was.

Not just 99% of the electorate but 99% of politicians. If it is Hunters laptop, then the amounts of hands it’s been through and copies at various stages that could have interfered with it, I’m guessing only a hand full of people have the original data and one of those being the FBI.  Hunter has issues, everybody knows that but Trump kids have different but no less relevant issues.  Not sure what it has to do with Joe, apart from the speculative link of the big guy comment which again is speculation on speculation on speculation.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not just 99% of the electorate but 99% of politicians. If it is Hunters laptop, then the amounts of hands it’s been through and copies at various stages that could have interfered with it, I’m guessing only a hand full of people have the original data and one of those being the FBI.  Hunter has issues, everybody knows that but Trump kids have different but no less relevant issues.  Not sure what it has to do with Joe, apart from the speculative link of the big guy comment which again is speculation on speculation on speculation.

Yep get all that but I still think 99% of the electorate couldnt tell you what was alleged to be on there.

30% might say, something to do with Ukraine but that is as much as they know (and it's not far off what I know)

And given the current Ukraine situation, I doubt many of them care that much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Democrats take the Georgia spot in the senate. 

Did you see that Republicans tried to dissuade voters by running an ad about the Democratic candidate running over his wife's foot with a car? Ffs.

• Shocked 1

Â