U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

So Trump ignored all advice on election night apart from the stuff coming from a drunk Guliani when he decided to just declare victory. 

Great work Donald. 

And 70% of Republicans believe Trump/Giuliani.   And that figure won't change much after the hearings because:

1.   Fox News is not only not showing it, but they're parroting Trump's lies that it's a partisan witch hunt and somehow implying that the violence at some BLM protests was worse and should be having hearings also.

2.  Most of them wouldn't watch even if Fox News did show it.

3.  Even if they watched it they would look for pro-Trump shills for justification as to why they shouldn't believe any of it in order to confirm they're pre-existing bias.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Hopefully Trump will die soon, maybe his cult will dissipate after. 

I saw a video of Qanon plebs marching with JFK flags saying he was still alive.

These people can vote. Frightening.

12 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I saw a video of Qanon plebs marching with JFK flags saying he was still alive.

JFK was far from the saint some would like to imagine, but he would have had nothing to do with those idiots. 

21 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Hopefully Trump will die soon, maybe his cult will dissipate after. 

More like martyrdom and a national Trumping day in honour of his lifetime achievements from half the country.

This Jan 6th panel seems frustratingly like gun laws in the States.  Loads of compelling evidence, all the great and the good saying what a terrible thing it was, and no one seeming to actually do anything about it.  Without a prosecution, all they have done is make a sequel to White House Down.  Whilst there are details and evidence being presented now that are new, the overall story of how Jan 6th came to be was known on the same day it happened, because most of what happened the perpetrators were not trying to hide. 

FFS, we know Trump was at the heart of it, is anyone surprised Giuliani was there pissed up? Most of the people at the heart of the coup are still at the heart of politics now, and Trump has managed to go this long without even giving evidence.  As things stand now, he is more than likely to run for President again and has a damn good chance of winning (even if he doesn't win).  I've seen tweets from Hillary going all "I told you he was trouble" and I look at it and think, we know, do something about it!  All she can think about is how she should have been Pres and what she wants.  Anyone who is anyone in the Dems are saying that the Republican party right now present a clear threat to democracy in the USA then when asked what to do about it they all sorta shrug and say it's down to the Justice Department.  The same Justice Department which seems to not even have started it's own investigation, instead they are waiting for this committee to finish to make a decision.

The Dems are holding these 2 positions

1 - Trump and his gangsters were within a hairs breadth of ending American democracy and continue to be a threat to this day.

2 - We can't do anything about it because it may be seen as partisan.

Defending American democracy by fainting with the vapours and waiting for someone else to rescue them.  It's a level of pathetic that can only be rivalled by Ted Cruz.

Why the **** is he cycling? The man can barely walk anymore. 

Someone in his entourage needs to have a word.  Everytime something like this happens he just looks more and more like a fading old man. 

Hats off for getting up and back on though. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why the **** is he cycling? The man can barely walk anymore. 

Someone in his entourage needs to have a word.  Everytime something like this happens he just looks more and more like a fading old man. 

Hats off for getting up and back on though. 

Yep, it’s like when he’d jog to the podium for no apparent reason other than “look, I’m not dead”.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Plenty of 79 year olds well able for a cycle, he's just an old 79.

My understanding is that it's not like a regular hobby for him, more of a photo op.

I'll admit to not knowing any other 79 year olds that cycle.

I googled "79 year old cyclist" and all nine stories on the first page were of 79 year old cyclists that were killed or died on the road and now I feel bad.

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Forcing a 79 year old man out cycling in order to make him look less like a 79 year old man is a very poor decision by someone.

Could be his own idea, and as he’s the boss they kinda have to make the most of it.

Just now, Genie said:

Could be his own idea, and as he’s the boss they kinda have to make the most of it.

I always think of the President as being the front facing position, not the boss. The actor, not the Director.

I'm sure he has to agree, but I doubt it's something he'll have suggested.

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I always think of the President as being the front facing position, not the boss. The actor, not the Director.

I'm sure he has to agree, but I doubt it's something he'll have suggested.

Did you think that with the last bloke too?

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Did you think that with the last bloke too?

To an extent, he was obviously more dangerous because he was more a cult personality and prone to just doing his own thing - but if you look at his first policy groups and advisors, they were exactly who you'd expect doing exactly what you'd expect while the big orange monster was paid to make a noisy distraction. A different role and a temperamental superstar who keeps trying to change the script maybe.

Â