Jimzk5

Wolves have underachieved a lot over the years. Just 4 top flight seasons in the last 30 years isn't it?

Very well supported, Molineux is one of my favourite away grounds and can easily be extended further as was the plan when they were in the prem and probably another club who'll go down regenerating the surrounding area like Man. City and Xia is claiming he'll do....Wolverhampton certainly needs it.

There's no law saying Wolves can't be like a Stoke or Southampton nestled in the top 10 most seasons if they invest wisely and build things up.

• Like 1

Historically, they are a bigger team than they have been recently. 

I'm kind of gutted that they're being taken over by someone so stinkingly rich, but there you go. I don't mind Wolves really. Imagine if it were SHA getting that owner. 

It seems like they're getting taken over but that it's going to be Li, is just speculation at the moment. Could be someone completely different. Whoever it is, it seems they're brining in Lopetegui, so must be pretty ambitious. I don't think we've got anything to worry about, Xia is hardly a pauper.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I might go and open a decent tailors in China...

robin.jpg

You may be onto something.

But that, even with the bad cut, looks like Saville Rows finest compared to Xia.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

buying wolves doesnt make sense to me, the future development of that place is solely foreign, they've got incredibly little potential to expand in this country

Most people said the same thing about Chelsea and Abramovich, They were no bigger than West Ham at the time.

Chelsea had been finishing in the upper regions of the Premier league and had recently won a few FA Cups, West Ham were pretty much a yo-yo club at best if I remember rightly.

Chelsea had spent the previous couple of years filling the team with some old but really big names, Zola, vialli, Hughes, desailly, poyet, desailly, deschamps etc they'd won the cup winners cup, FA cup and were in the champions league a couple of years before he bought them, they'd redeveloped most of the ground in the 90s, they've got London tourism in an affluent area of London and on top of all of that they were going cheap

like I hinted I truely believe Man city got bought to have the rivalry as an instant global marketing brand, they expanded at a rate of knots largely thanks to the existing global Utd brand 

I can see both sides of it with villa, potential growth here and abroad but we're a hard sell, wolves will be even harder

Kenny Jacket has pretty much confirmed the rumours by saying that transfers are delayed because of potential changes at the top and that the details of the takeover have already come out in the public.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Wolves is a good brand. But, they need to get a shake on, all the best players will be gone in the next few weeks. 

Hope someone is saying the same thing to Uncle Tone!

On 04/07/2016 at 22:48, useless said:

Li owns Baidu which is the Chinese equivalent to Google, and apparently Baidu's meaning in Chinese is very similar to the Wolves motto 'out of the darkness comes the light'.

Nah.

7 minutes ago, legov said:

Nah.

I can see where Useless is coming from

Many people have asked about the meaning of our name. 'Baidu' was inspired by a poem written more than 800 years ago during the Song Dynasty. The poem compares the search for a retreating beauty amid chaotic glamour with the search for one's dream while confronted by life's many obstacles. '...hundreds and thousands of times, for her I searched in chaos, suddenly, I turned by chance, to where the lights were waning, and there she stood.' Baidu, whose literal meaning is hundreds of times, represents persistent search for the ideal.

from wiki

The literal translation doesn't match, but I can see how they could relate that explanation to Wolves' motto

I was only echoing what I'd read elsewhere, albeit on a Wolves forum, so they're probably looking for any reason/explanation possible why Li, might be buying them.

Edit: And I did say 'apparently' to begin with. I've no knowledge of the Chinese language whatsoever.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can see where Useless is coming from

from wiki

The literal translation doesn't match, but I can see how they could relate that explanation to Wolves' motto

Okay, granted the poem is written in literary Chinese, and my ability to read that is almost nil...best I can tell (from reading explanations of the poem in vernacular Chinese) it is a love poem, and that particular line refers to subject of said poem looking for a girl in a crowded place.....so no, not sure it's particularly apt here.

Sorry, Chinese-English translations are really my pet peeve - Chinese does not translate well into English. At all :)  and part of me gets worked up every time I come across an opportunity to translate a Chinese text. There are lots of subtle nuances that are just impossible to get across, I'd say.

Edited by legov

Â