Jimzk5

Chelsea have a fantastic history. When people say they aint got history their wrong, they have always been a big club. As for forest I agree that up until the late 70s they were a nothing club really but when you win the league then back to back european cups you will be considered a big club. They are by no means huge but they are a decent sized club who I'd love to see back in the prem. Same as wolves who I consider a big club.

For me it goes roughly in this order in terms of club size in the Midlands:

Villa

Forest

Wolves

Derby

West Brom

Leicester

Coventry

Notts County

Small Heath

Walsall

I am not counting Stoke, nor Shrewsbury, Northampton or Crewe either.

Edited by One For The Road

Why do so many people think Wolves are so big? Do they have a huge fan base? I'm new to the Midlands.

they are a big club, they are far from being huge though. Got a good history behind them and they have a pretty big fan base. They are bigger than some people think, but they aint as big as villa and wolves fans will admit to that, although I do have a mate who thinks were pretty equal. Deluded clearing in the woods.

For me it goes roughly in this order in terms of club size in the Midlands:

Villa

Forest

Wolves

Derby

West Brom

Leicester

Coventry

Notts County

Small Heath

Walsall

I am not counting Stoke, nor Shrewsbury, Northampton or Crewe either.

Agree with your top 4, but come on Birmingham City below Notts County is outrageous.I think Birmingham City and Leicester are pretty equal and both are bigger then Coventry.

Edited by Voinjama

Wolves have very good support, even in league 1 they're getting more than SHA are managing and back in the championship next year they'll comfortably average 20k +.

They are comfortably the second biggest club in the west midlands.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is impressive that they have come straight back up, you see a lot of clubs languish in League 1. Jackett has done a good job this season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them clear 100 points.

EDIT: just checked and this has only happened once since it became League 1 in 2004 (Charlton 101 points in 2011/12). Wolves are on 93 points with four games to play. This would have been enough to win the league in 4 of the previous 9 seasons, and enough for automatic promotion in every single one.

Edited by chappy
  • Like 2

Not really a special achievement getting that Wolves side out of League One, their wage budget is most probably bigger than the majority of Championship teams. He's simply doing the job that he should be doing.

• 4 months later...

Had a good chin wag with a long standing (read "old") Wolves season ticket holder this morning. Top bloke he is too, proper footie fan. Hates Manure and Blose, respects Albion as at least a club with some proper history and even has a soft spot for us.

Told me how he was looking after his 7 year old nephew during pre season and was at a loose end, so he took him to the Celta Vigo friendly at Molyneux. The lad had been brought up on Man U by his dad, but he loved it at Wolves and wants to go again. He bought him a shirt with his name on the back too which he's hardly taken off since.

Well done Unc I say.

• Like 1

Had a good chin wag with a long standing (read "old") Wolves season ticket holder this morning. Top bloke he is too, proper footie fan. Hates Manure and Blose, respects Albion as at least a club with some proper history and even has a soft spot for us.

Told me how he was looking after his 7 year old nephew during pre season and was at a loose end, so he took him to the Celta Vigo friendly at Molyneux. The lad had been brought up on Man U by his dad, but he loved it at Wolves and wants to go again. He bought him a shirt with his name on the back too which he's hardly taken off since.

Well done Unc I say.

It pains me to say it, but damn right. Chuck that Man United crap in the bin and support a proper football club.

Â