Jimzk5

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don Goodman came back from a similar injury and played for about 10 years, was talking about it on WM yesterday. Also Petr Cech from more recent times although he dosen't tend to go up for headers with position he plays and he could wear headgear.

Hopefully Raul can come back but certainly not going to be at any point this season. Guess he'll try in pre season and will be closely monitored.

I also heard Don speak last night and wasn’t aware of the difference between his head fracture, and that of Ryan Mason.  The worry here for Raul is that he’ll likely be 30 before being back to any kind of fitness I suppose and you have to then way up the risks against playing career?

It’s a worry whether he’ll be able to come back to top level football or even football at all but I really do hope he makes a speedy and full recovery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, a-k said:

Rivalries aside, this is great to see.

Compton park was part of Wolverhampton polytechnic college. I went there in the mid 80s as day release from my job with Birmingham city council. It even had student accommodation onsite. Nice leafy part of the city.

I feel really old now ☹️

• Like 1

Don't want to sound too harsh here seeing as we just beat them... 

Traore is at his level, EL chasing best of the rest type club, still blows hot and cold, still beats his man then does nothing, Semedo isn't good enough, the big fee and coming from barca will get people excited but he was beat by mcginn and Jack with ease

I like the look of podence and neto, good players, moutinho is quality, the kid up front did OK but looks very young, he's 3 years away from chest hair, coady is quality, very physical with Watkins, good positioning and very tight, obviously no neves or jimenez

But tactically and just in terms of wanting it they've seemingly regressed massively, we were equal to them for a lot of that game which wasn't the case last year, first time I've properly watched it but the back 4 wasn't as good as the 5, despite the flashes of quality they didn't look as well drilled as what I've seen previously, hard to say how wolves play and what they're trying to do

• Like 1

I thought they played pretty well tbh, would've certainly scored if Jimenez was on the pitch with all the crosses and openings they created.

They're in that tricky position of selling a few key players and changing shape of the team. Boly dropped today, Neves regularly on bench this season and thought Coady looked a liability in their 4 today so he's another who may come under threat before too long.

Not sure they'll finish in top half this season with the increased competition but they won't finish below 12th. They're a bit like we were in 10/11 I think but without the long winless runs we had under Houllier.

Edited by VillaChris

They've had an amazing run of signings.  OK how they came across them is a bit shady but pretty much everyone they have signed has been a hit.  That is really rare. 

As stated above they are in transition now and a lot will depend on replacing those tried and tested players with other hits. They surely must sign a few duds soon. 

• Like 1

I think their budget is mostly going on the upgrade of the ground and training facilities. Like us FFP is being a bastard with them. Transfer budget is being affected. Also like us and alot of teams this lockdown is affecting home performances. And as a side so used to 3 at the back it takes an adjustment period to go 4-4-2. They'll be fine though. Good mid-table side, something so like the idea this season of us being.

• Like 1

Interesting looking at a Wolves forum, there's some calls from their fans that seemingly want Nuno out which is just bonkers. I'm sure it's not a true reflection of how their fanbase feel, but it's nice to know that we're not the only club that has crazies for fans. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting looking at a Wolves forum, there's some calls from their fans that seemingly want Nuno out which is just bonkers. I'm sure it's not a true reflection of how their fanbase feel, but it's nice to know that we're not the only club that has crazies for fans. 

They have hit the ceiling. Nuno can't take them any further.

Frustrations of fans who wants progression is understandable but they won't find a better coach.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

They've got more points now than they did after twelve games last season, and the season before. This is still their best start to a season since getting promoted.

When you are doing well on a consistent basis fans expectations will raise.

It's only human nature.

4 minutes ago, deeps said:

Just don’t think the new system suits them. Could work over time, mind. Still a good side. 

Expect some random Portuguese transfers come Jan from them. 

Full backs in particular, Semedo isn't good enough for a 4 and this exciting hot prospect theyve loaned in for LB is also better in a 5 so he's hardly playing 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

They probably think Mourinho will come and rescue them if they have a bit of turbulence but that's pretty unlikely with him doing well at Spurs.

If they want to go up another level they're going to have to become less reliant on Mendes for transfers, most of their squad is made up of either players that he represents or ones that have come from clubs where he has a big influence, it's served them well up to this point, but it will only get them so far, unless Mendes starts giving them his elite players, which seems unlikely, they're going to have to look further afield for players that will take them to the next level.

Edited by useless

Â