Jimzk5

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Circus attraction? Wtf. He'd easily be your best player of he came and he'd be up there for us too. He had a superb season last year and has come on leaps and bounds as a player.

Dunno, every game this season he comes on, has the kit man lube up his biceps while the commentators salivate over what a unit he is, the whole thing is a side show to watching Wolves.

Then he proceeds to run down corridors and lose the ball. I'll keep Raphinha

16 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Dunno, every game this season he comes on, has the kit man lube up his biceps while the commentators salivate over what a unit he is, the whole thing is a side show to watching Wolves.

Then he proceeds to run down corridors and lose the ball. I'll keep Raphinha

Genuine question, did you not watch him last season?

On 24/12/2020 at 01:52, Keyblade said:

Circus attraction? Wtf. He'd easily be your best player of he came and he'd be up there for us too. He had a superb season last year and has come on leaps and bounds as a player.

And then this season looks like he's regressed back to what he was

He was garbage last night, couldn't get in to the game at all and when he did he was poor, said in the match thread he has this weird thing of receiving the ball in space but rather than choosing to cross or pick out a pass he slows the play down allowing the defender to stand him up, he wants to run, he wants to beat his man... When he doesn't need to because he already had space... Was incredibly one dimensional 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He was garbage last night, couldn't get in to the game at all and when he did he was poor, said in the match thread he has this weird thing of receiving the ball in space but rather than choosing to cross or pick out a pass he slows the play down allowing the defender to stand him up, he wants to run, he wants to beat his man... When he doesn't need to because he already had space... Was incredibly one dimensional 

The whole team plays different now, they've regressed from the last 2 years. He doesn't really have a place in it anymore from what it looks like. They rarely try to play him in behind and so he always has to come short.

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Our Traore is the best Traore in the league.

There's 4 months age difference between them, Bertrand being slightly older.

Adama has 10 first-team league goals in his career, Bertrand now has 50.

Just had to check this as was doubting it was right (ages and scoring rate).  

50 league goals for a wide forward in quite incredible really for someone of Bert’s age.  Good European experience as well.  17m doesn’t seem so bad after all. 

Talk of Adama being valued by Wolves at 70m is outrageous really. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

50 league goals for a wide forward in quite incredible really for someone of Bert’s age.  Good European experience as well.  17m doesn’t seem so bad after all. 

It is very good, but it's worth noting that most of those goals came from a centre forward position.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tyler commentating like he is Lionel Messi everytime he got the ball

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I had to count twice!

A good chunk of Adama's appearances were in the Championship too, whereas Bertrand as you say was playing in the top flight.

• Thanks 1

I mentioned this in the Grealish thread a few days ago, so apologies for repeating myself. But last year a guy who owns a shop I visit regularly, and who otherwise has always seemed knowledgeable about football, told me that Grealish "might be a decent addition to the wolves squad" before calling me crazy when I laughed at the suggestion. 

Having lived in the black country for a decade or so now, that is just one example of these deluded plums. Even when we were a PL team and they were still in the championship almost every Dingle I know we're absolutely adamant they were a far bigger club. 

Can't wait till it all goes arse up and they are back were they belong. 

What's happened to Neves by the way? Lauded as the next big thing, now struggles to get a game.

BBC

Slightly less unlucky is the player with the most shots without scoring, because you, yourself, are responsible for where the shot goes.

The guilty man is Wolves' Ruben Neves, who has had 47 shots in the Premier League - 42 of them from outside the box, naturally - in 2020 without seeing a single one of them go in the goal.

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

What's happened to Neves by the way? Lauded as the next big thing, now struggles to get a game.

BBC

I asked exactly this a couple of pages back.  I thought Juventus etc wanted him after his first season.  I wonder if he is fed up with Jota gone and Raul out of the team at present? 

He’s still a very good player but totally out of form right now.

Â