Jimzk5

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Best maybe biggest you are having a laugh.

Villa 

Wolves

Forest

West Brom

Leicester 

Derby 

Coventry 

Blues

Notts County 

Walsall 

Blues overachieving again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nor me, the east have their own thing going on, every now and then they get dragged in the west but it doesn't seem to stick, bit like Stoke 

Never seen anything from their fans either, they don't seem to care about us like we don't care about them 

Exactly... East Midlanders don't even sound like Midlanders... They have ridiculous accents like other Northern types...

Not like the normal, coherent and eloquent Brummie accent

• Like 2

On 13/12/2020 at 05:13, avfcDJ said:

Currently.

Is it even possible to be "currently" the biggest club?

As someone else has said, Leicester are currently the best team in the Midlands, but they cannot lay claim to being the biggest. Nor can Wolves. 

Villa are a significantly bigger club than both and Leicester having a good team hasn't changed that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

They are really going to struggle for goals without Jota and Jimenez 

Yes it shows how average they are without jimenez. The last few seasons they have been very lucky with no injuries to key players.

I think we have closed the gap massively on them this season

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes it shows how average they are without jimenez. The last few seasons they have been very lucky with no injuries to key players.

I think we have closed the gap massively on them this season

I’m not sure there is a gap.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I’m not sure there is a gap.

My only concern is that it all depends on three things

a) we sign barkley permanently 

b) luiz stays (unlikely unfortunately)

c) we sign a striker that can compete with watkins up top

I think our backup players like taylor elmo nakamba davis are not good enough if we want to push on

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My only concern is that it all depends on three things

a) we sign barkley permanently 

b) luiz stays (unlikely unfortunately)

c) we sign a striker that can compete with watkins up top

I think our backup players like taylor elmo nakamba davis are not good enough if we want to push on

That’s the future, it’s always uncertain. I’m talking right now, right now there is no gap and in fact you could argue our squad is better.

We don’t know who we may lose in the future neither do they.

I do feel they peaked last season though as with our curve reaches far higher.

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Huge fine incoming for Nuno with his comments on Lee Mason, potentially a tougher penalty. I just hope the FA don’t stop Lee Mason having their games like they used to allow Fergie to pick the refs he didn’t want.

what did he say?

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

what did he say?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55405256

"It is his job. He has to improve, he has to get better," he told BBC Sport.

"Football is a physical game, a game of contact and referees taking the decisions and being fair. But the referee is not good enough to whistle; Lee Mason is not good enough.

i think nowadays you can say the ref had a bad game. but to say he's generally not good enough and even worse question their integrity tends to land you in hot water.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That’s irrelevant, he can’t say that about a ref on a professional level and it’s quite unpleasant on a personal level. 

In every single Nuno interview I’ve ever seen he has never, ever commented on, or criticised, a referee.  Even when he had good grounds to do so.

So either he’s undergone a complete change (pressure?) or he’s got a strong case, so strong that it kind of surpasses individual errors and (not) commenting on them.

On your point, you’re right that he’s not permitted to comment like he has, but I sympathise with him. Hopefully Mason will take the criticism and actually improve. The truth hurts.

30 minutes ago, blandy said:

In every single Nuno interview I’ve ever seen he has never, ever commented on, or criticised, a referee.  Even when he had good grounds to do so.

So either he’s undergone a complete change (pressure?) or he’s got a strong case, so strong that it kind of surpasses individual errors and (not) commenting on them.

On your point, you’re right that he’s not permitted to comment like he has, but I sympathise with him. Hopefully Mason will take the criticism and actually improve. The truth hurts.

I didn’t see the game so can’t comment on the merits or otherwise of views he expressed, ultimately that doesn’t really matter though. You seem to be of the view the criticism of Mason is valid and the truth, I’m less clear on that.

What I would say is that Nuno in his time at Wolves has enjoyed almost constant success, there have been very few set backs and as a result not a great deal of pressure. That changed I think with the loss of Jimenez and their form since, they are in relative terms struggling at the moment and unless they get a striker in January will continue to struggle.

I think it’s interesting that as soon as this happens Nuno seemingly changes in a similar way to Klopp changes when everything isn’t going his way. I don’t think you can form an opinion on someone when everything is going well, you see their real character when things are going badly.

So for me it’s a reflection of pressure and potentially the old favourite deflection tactic for managers. Either way you simply can’t question an officials professional competence like that and he will be charged.

• Like 1

Â