West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

I'm confused why David Wagner appears to be such a figure of ridicule on this forum, specifically. Were people perhaps expecting the unstoppable juggernaut of [checks notes] Huddersfield Town to roar into the top half of the Premier League or something?

He got a patently rubbish team promoted, and then kept them in the Premier League for a season before an absolutely inevitable relegation. It's hardly worthy of ridicule.

• Like 3

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I'm confused why David Wagner appears to be such a figure of ridicule on this forum, specifically. Were people perhaps expecting the unstoppable juggernaut of [checks notes] Huddersfield Town to roar into the top half of the Premier League or something?

He got a patently rubbish team promoted, and then kept them in the Premier League for a season before an absolutely inevitable relegation. It's hardly worthy of ridicule.

I think its the fact he is labelled an attacking manager by some media members because he is Klopps mate when his teams play garbage defensive football. If he was British he be in the Bruce, Pulis mould

He did well at Huddersfield but not fun to watch. Dreadful at Schalke 

16 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Sporting director Luke Dowling has left the club by mutual consent. 

Was pretty highly regarded a few years ago. 

Really bad news for them.  I think he was all that was holding it together to be honest.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

Reminds me of the summer they randomly appointed Alan Irvine. Knocking back some decent managers and him appointed was real WTF moment when I read it.

Chinese owner dosen't have much of a club by looks of things, now where have we seen that before....

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Reminds me of the summer they randomly appointed Alan Irvine. Knocking back some decent managers and him appointed was real WTF moment when I read it.

Chinese owner dosen't have much of a club by looks of things, now where have we seen that before....

at least we got promised a theme park 

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wolves? small heath? 

Not wanting to tar owners from one country with the same brush but **** hell, no club should consider investment from that country ever again!

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Wolves? small heath? 

Not wanting to tar owners from one country with the same brush but **** hell, no club should consider investment from that country ever again!

Wolves have had an interesting few seasons at least before it all starts to fall apart.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think due the financial restrictions there's definitely elements of "desperation" to gain and then maintain PL status. 

As in the case of Xia, and others they've borrowed millions of investors money and the only way to repay that is by solidifying Premier league status over 4,5 years. 

They are desperate and making desperate decisions. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is what our "rivalry" with them is

No post for 9 days, no one seemingly noticed that they appointed a new manager today... 

Valerien Ismael 

Feel like I've heard of him from his playing days but know nothing of him as a manager, got him from Barnsley 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This is what our "rivalry" with them is

No post for 9 days, no one seemingly noticed that they appointed a new manager today... 

Valerien Ismael 

Feel like I've heard of him from his playing days but know nothing of him as a manager, got him from Barnsley 

Did a great job at Barnsley, decent centre back and think we were linked with him many years back

Think they paid 2 million for him 

• Like 1

Â