West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

one of the worst managerial appointments in Premier League history, a win record to make Remi Garde feel proud

Shock horror, Fat Sam only looks out for himself. Hilarious train wreck. He resignation speaks volumes.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Shock horror, Fat Sam only looks out for himself. Hilarious train wreck. He resignation speaks volumes.

The manner of his resignation certainly does, I’ve seen more class in an ‘everything must go’ sale in Primark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very odd and petulant way to conduct himself. Big Sam's teams do play a certain way. He has become a short term option manager. There's something about these old school managers that wish to refute the evidence plain for everyone to see.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

one of the worst managerial appointments in Premier League history, a win record to make Remi Garde feel proud

Really? I thought their record from xmas was about 14th or 15th. Must be better than likes of Wolves and Southampton surely?

Bilic didn't have much chance with what they did in summer transfer window but they should've sacked him earlier as they were losing meekly away to likes of Southampton, Newcastle and Fulham under him.

Think West Brom will look at Chris Wilder going forward, feels like the right sort of fit for both parties.

Just checked, 19 points from 24 so roughly what DS was on from our first 24 last season. Bilic 8 points from first 13 so plenty of damage done in that period.

Edited by VillaChris

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just checked, 19 points from 24 so roughly what DS was on from our first 24 last season. Bilic 8 points from first 13 so plenty of damage done in that period.

In ppg terms, the move from Bilic to Allardyce is a move from 0.62 to 0.79. So it's definitely an improvement, but not only not enough to dig them out of the hole, it wouldn't even be enough if strectched across the entire season (would be roughly 30 points).

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In ppg terms, the move from Bilic to Allardyce is a move from 0.62 to 0.79. So it's definitely an improvement, but not only not enough to dig them out of the hole, it wouldn't even be enough if strectched across the entire season (would be roughly 30 points).

They did have a lot to make up. I can remember them beating Southampton 3-0 and then that Chelsea away game in a week and they were still a good 10 points off safety as Newcastle were winning aswell.

If they'd have likes of Yokusulu, Matiland Niles and Diagne in from September they'd have made a better go of it as all three massively improved them from games I've seen of them. He also got way better form from Periera than Bilic managed at this level.

I can understand him being p@ssed off.

The Baggies were a championship side in the Premier League and anyone would have struggled to achieve safety.

He has had a good career and wants a bit of respect for his achievements I guess.

What cost them is that in the summer they only spent around £30m, about £20m of that was used to buy Pereira and Diangana two players that they already had on loan, so they only spent around £10M on new players to improve their team from the previous season, most of which went on Karlan Grant, a transfer that didn't really work out.

Edited by useless

55 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

I can understand him being p@ssed off.

The Baggies were a championship side in the Premier League and anyone would have struggled to achieve safety.

He has had a good career and wants a bit of respect for his achievements I guess.

well it probably kills him inside that a good football man like Hodgson is getting a tremendous farewell and he knows he wouldnt get similar

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well it probably kills him inside that a good football man like Hodgson is getting a tremendous farewell and he knows he wouldnt get similar

If he was looking for fan approval, he could have stayed and helped them get promoted next season, for which I think they will be among the favourites and he would probably match up well against most of the managers in the league.

I suspect the simple truth is he's quitting so he can be ready and lying in wait for whoever is in 19th in November next season to press the panic button.

I always thought Fat Sam should have been Sherwood's replacement here. We left it too late and Sunderland nabbed him and he kept them up. 

I'm not saying he would have saved us but he would have been better than Garde. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I always thought Fat Sam should have been Sherwood's replacement here. We left it too late and Sunderland nabbed him and he kept them up. 

Yeah but I’m kind of glad in hindsight that we appointed Garde.  We were rotten from top to bottom and needed to go down for a full reset.  Worked out alright I’d say. 

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Think Allardyce wouldnt have saved us, probably would have made the financial shit worse. Good choice by Lerner 

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Would have papered the  cracks. We needed to go down and rebuild the club right from top to bottom 

Luckily we are seeing the benefits now 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Would have papered the  cracks. We needed to go down and rebuild the club right from top to bottom 

Luckily we are seeing the benefits now 

Same for me too, god knows who fat Sam would have bought in for his own self serving short term fix that we'd have as deadwood for a few years after he'd gone 

There was a fair bit of talk about wanting him last season to replace Smith when we were struggling, that was nonsense too

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same for me too, god knows who fat Sam would have bought in for his own self serving short term fix that we'd have as deadwood for a few years after he'd gone 

There was a fair bit of talk about wanting him last season to replace Smith when we were struggling, that was nonsense too

Nolan, Carroll be just finishing 5 year contracts now

On 20/05/2021 at 12:26, The Fun Factory said:

Allardyce  has such a chip on his shoulder that you could deep fry it and serve it with gravy.

And fish. 

• Shocked 1

Â