West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Palace got rid of him when he probably started asking how much money he was going to get to spend. 

Palace have done really well since he left 

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Imagine being West Brom. I'd honestly rather be a Championship side than be a nothing club full of old journeymen whose only ambition is to not get relegated from the PL and be above Aston Villa.

Until the last two words I was thinking “wait until next year, hopefully”

Truth be told, with the exception of a small number of clubs we are all just making up the numbers these days. 

• Like 3

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Until the last two words I was thinking “wait until next year, hopefully”

Truth be told, with the exception of a small number of clubs we are all just making up the numbers these days. 

I get that can also apply to technically everyone below Liverpool. But at least other clubs are making some sort of effort...even if it's just lip service. Dr. X said he wants to make us one of the best teams in the country. Even though that doesn't seem likely, there's at least some ambition there. The Tesco bags and Pulis actually celebrated simply being in the PL. Even small clubs like Bournemouth who are playing in their first few top flight seasons in their entire history aren't as embarrassing.

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I get that can also apply to technically everyone below Liverpool. But at least other clubs are making some sort of effort...even if it's just lip service. Dr. X said he wants to make us one of the best teams in the country. Even though that doesn't seem likely, there's at least some ambition there. The Tesco bags and Pulis actually celebrated simply being in the PL. Even small clubs like Bournemouth who are playing in their first few top flight seasons in their entire history aren't as embarrassing.

Ignore me, I’m just feeling particularly cynical of the once beautiful game lately. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

When he was in charge the football was just as bad but in his defence he had a smaller budget

Great lower league manager but just one of those a bit out of his depth in the premier league. I'd be amazed if he was given the job but he can obviously be caretaker for a few weeks.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Great lower league manager but just one of those a bit out of his depth in the premier league. I'd be amazed if he was given the job but he can obviously be caretaker for a few weeks.

I like Pulis but as already mentioned he would be a better championship manager nowadays same as Warnock really.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was actually on about Megson. :lol:

Pulis will get another premier league job.

Oh.

Yeah Pulis would but again, he is just grinding out results week after week with honest bunches of lads hoping to finish 8th at best.

Shame he came up against a clown like Simon Jordon as I felt he suited the Palace job.

On 20/11/2017 at 10:50, rodders0223 said:

Gladly took relegation than having this dullard in charge.

You were happier playing shit every week and losing every week than playing shit most weeks and picking up a few wins and draws in the big league? :wacko:

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Imagine being West Brom. I'd honestly rather be a Championship side than be a nothing club full of old journeymen whose only ambition is to not get relegated from the PL and be above Aston Villa.

My baggie mate said exactly this.

Â