West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Pulis always gets found out after about 3 seasons. When he left stoke? They had had a big collapse in form at the end of the season and finished about 15th, so he left as the writing was on the wall for next year. Generally repeated that pattern since

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I would to be honest. Great old club. Would rather have them there than the Watfords and Burnleys that make up the PL right now. If I had a choice of any team to go up with us this season (not instead of us!), Wolves would be up there.

It would be forest for me

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Pulis always gets found out after about 3 seasons. When he left stoke? They had had a big collapse in form at the end of the season and finished about 15th, so he left as the writing was on the wall for next year. Generally repeated that pattern since

Yep, you can't keep playing such a negative style of football season on season and expect it to work. That style is ok for a short period of steadying the ship etc, but it rarely if never works long term.

The constant chasing of the ball and the concentration you need tires you physically and mentally. Its no surprise that as soon as Albion hit 40 points last season they fell off a cliff - they were knackered. 

And how many players want to play a style where they sit back and as soon as they get the ball they have to boot it away?

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

That's not right, is it? - He left Stoke 4 years ago, after being there for 7 years. He did well at Palace for a year and is struggling at the Tesco bags, now. That's not generally repeating a pattern since leaving Stoke, is it?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Xela said:

They are having a bad run but if they get rid of Pulis they get relegated IMO

Agreed, Managers fill teams with like minded players, try to change the system too quick and you will get Villa 2 years ago.

If they do get rid of him they would be best to replace him with a like minded manager;  Funny enough Pulis would be the ideal man to get in to save the season.

Hmmmm maybe. I bet a lot of football fans actually think he's from the North and not Dudley given he's played and managed many North west clubs and the accent isn't as obvious anymore.

Bit like when I was talking to a Chelsea fan and he was saying "all you miserable sounding brummies like Trevor Francis....":lol:

Edit: apparently he played one game for West Brom in 1990. Only other midlands based club he's been involved with was Dudley Town when he was 15.

It just seems an obvious appointment to make although of course WBA will probably hit the same point two more years down the line...

Edited by VillaChris

He was doing such a good job too........

The prospect of Wolves and hopefully us getting promoted while they could go down was putting many of their fans into panic mode.

Lets hope his good work is continued by the new man.

Gladly took relegation than having this dullard in charge.

Would gladly take going down to league 2 and into administration than have this miserable old **** in charge.

A shitstain on British football, a man who has never shown an inch of desire to progress, develop, kick on. Just gladly going through the motions, playing his dogshit football, picking up a pay cheque.

Never shown any will to win a trophy, go to the next level, develop a team or style of play.

words removed like this shouldn't be allowed to manage...and that goes for Moyes too.

51 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'd imagine Big Sam will be getting a phone call

If he doesn't get the job this week, then I think this weekend coming will be the first since 2008 where neither Pulis or Allardyce will be in charge of a top-flight club!

Â