January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

It seems to me that there are two different messages coming out. PL saying there isn't money and RL saying there is money for PL for transfers. I'm confused as to what is going on. Anyone else remember a week or so ago when Villa said that there was money to spend and PL will be backed. They let all the papers know and now they changed their mind again? Seems a bit weird to me

He never says "there is no money" outright though. It's more "there's not lots of money" or "there's no money for players like Bent" or something even more abstract. I might just be hoping. I think quite often, like when he ruled out Lescott, it is about the wages as much as anything. 

Edited by praisedmambo

So where's the bid for Danny Graham if were 'trying' to sign players. He wants to leave Swansea, interest from Sunderland and Norwich. If we can't out bid these we really are in the shit

Why do we need a striker and is that the same Sunderland we can't outbid who paid 12 million on Adam Johnson and 12 million on Fletcher this summer?

Edited by praisedmambo

Just close the thread and be done with it

i'm absolutely stunned that we haven't entered the market this January and Randy/Lambert are all but confirming relegation

i'm aware there is a few days left but who the **** are we kidding

there's more activity in Cliff Richard's underpants than in Lambert's office

unbelievable

There's also not much activity in the transfer window at all, never mind our club. Unbelievable? Why is it unbelievable? It's a famously tough window. 

There's also not much activity in the transfer window at all, never mind our club. Unbelievable? Why is it unbelievable? It's a famously tough window. 

What?

3 teams around us have strengthened their squads.

2 of them in Newcastle and QPR have done plenty of business.

What transfer window are you watching?

It seems to me that there are two different messages coming out. PL saying there isn't money and RL saying there is money for PL for transfers. I'm confused as to what is going on. Anyone else remember a week or so ago when Villa said that there was money to spend and PL will be backed. They let all the papers know and now they changed their mind again? Seems a bit weird to me

I think there's a limited amount of money. Especially when it comes to wages.

I think the money available isn't enough to sign any proven quality and I think players who could do a job for us just aren't interested in signing.

Lerner's done a fantastic job in turning this club into such a joke.

Silly me, who was looking forward to this transfer window.

Oh well, look ahead toward the summer window...

What ? When will you learn? I can honesty say MON first January transfer window and Houllier's jan transfer window aside I have hand on heart been disappointed with every single transfer window for as long as I can remember. It just gets worse and worse

What?

What transfer window are you watching?

QPR have signed two players; Ben Haim who was unattached and Lomic Remy for £8 million; doesn’t seem that much business, and not the four players Redknapp said they needed.

Of course we know ’Arry is on the phone doing deals.

Newcastle have done a shed load of business

QPR have signed two players; Ben Haim who was unattached and Lomic Remy for £8 million; doesn’t seem that much business, and not the four players Redknapp said they needed.

Of course we know ’Arry is on the phone doing deals.

Newcastle have done a shed load of business

I would say QPR have a much better squad the us. They are in a false position in my opinion as are we. But the league doesn't lie so I guess we'll see after 38 games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21227938

• 8,281 posts

Posted Today, 07:57 PM

praisedmambo, on 28 Jan 2013 - 19:53, said:snapback.png

"What?

What transfer window are you watching?"

QPR bought two players, that is not really "plenty of business". Take out Newcastle and West Ham and there's not been much going on at all.

Edited by praisedmambo